Acaipure / Charge not authorized by me

I received my Visa statement today and there is a charge for $44.85. I did NOT order this and I will not pay it. I was to be charged only for the shipping cost of $4.95 for a FREE sample of Acaipure. Today is 12/4/08 at 3:55 pm.
I have tried to call and am on HOLD for over an hour. This charge will not be accepted. What kind of scam are you into? I want a credit to my Visa and a confirmation of that credit by mail and I will not wait--I want that credit to my account now and the confirmation now. I simply will not put up with this. Dez Roberts

De

Comments

Bb
  3rd of Sep, 2008
Acaipure - ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS NOT ORDERED
CENTRAL COAST NUTRACEUTICALS INC
ST PETERSBURG
Phone: 7273454883

THIS CO IS SLAMMING ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT ORDERED AND CHARGING YOUR CREDIT CARD! Don't let them get you CALL YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATE NOW

Bo
  11th of Sep, 2008
Acaipure - Scam! Unauthorized debits!
1915 P
Henrietta
New York

I ordered a free sample online and was supposed to be charged shipping only. they charged my account $44.50, which overdrew my account. Now I got hit with a bank fee. I am afraid that they will keep charging my account. I have not received my "free" product. I will contact my bank to prevent any further charges.
Does Oprah know about these scam artists?

D
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I responded to a free trial offer of AcaiPure pay S&H only $4 and some change. . My bank acct. showed that $44 and some change was taken by the company, Central Coast Nutra for that AcaiPure Trail. When I called the company the Customer "NO" Service person informed me that the site CLEARLY states that an additional offer was attached. I totally disagree with how CLEARLY that notice is/was and I have not been able to access the original page since they stole my money. If you are reading this you probably have already been a victim. If you are researching the company prior to ordering a product "DON'T DO IT" stay away. If these people have to resort to underhanded methods of marketing, the product must be Garbage. ...

Ed

Scam, Unauthorized charges, Additional Products Not Ordered

Ar
  13th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the sample plus a $1.95 shipping fee and have been charged $41.85 for the sample, what's up with this. This was advertised to be an Opra thing and how great it was, how do I get my money back and how to I avoid any further charges???

Ka
  13th of Sep, 2008

I just got scammed also---- ordered the free trial size only & was sent 2 other products that I din't order or even know about--- they charged my visa account for the 2 products & said I could ship them back @ my expense & pay a 15 % restocking fee ! What a scam--- I do indeed think that we should let Oprah know about this---- I now will have to file a complaint with this charge to my visa account-- what a pain--- also have called them & emailed as well- have yet to hear back from these rip- off artists.

Da
  13th of Sep, 2008

I had the same problem. I never received my product and they charged my credit card! Oprah should be ashamed of herself for letting people scam us like this! Now I'm afraid their going to steal money from my card!

Ja
  13th of Sep, 2008

I too had a very similar experience: I went online thinking I was only going to be charged the 4.95 S & H, and saw on my bank statement that my account had been charged 44.95. When I called them they said I neglected to "unclick" the bubles that requested an order for the gum and the water additive. One month later, I have been charged a 39.95 fee. I called to inquire about this amount thinking maybe, I did not "unclick" a bubble that requested a monthly supply of Acaipure be sent to me. I was informed that since I kept the 1st supply, I was now being charged for that product. I anticipate no further charges to my account. I am wiser today in the area of online transactions, ALWAYS look for bubbles that require one to "unclick" as opposed to clicking the bubbles for products desired. Since the bubbles were in my view, the company technically has done nothing illegal, in my opinion unethical though. So today, I am wiser about internet transactions and regretfully, not any thinner!!

Em
  14th of Sep, 2008

The same has happened to me with AcaiPure. I was charged for the 14 day trial period and later reviewed my credit card and $39.95 was charged. I cancelled the account by phone and e-mailed the company. It took a week for their response giving me another offer to send more for $29.95 and free shipping. I'm waiting to see if they do just that. I do believe I've been scammed. Shame on Oprah for allowing them to use her name.

El
  14th of Sep, 2008

the same thing happend to me. how stupid of me to trust Oprah

Bi
  14th of Sep, 2008

as all above complaintes, I ordered a free trial sample only, and agreed to pay shipping charges only, $ 4.95 for acaipure, I assumed since they were using oprah's name they would be a honest & trustworthy company doing business online, such a disgrace and dishonest company, there are so many honest online companies making a legimate business living, and from this day forward. a dark shadow will be cast on all on line businesses such a sham. since this my first encounter with fraudulent company, what should I do? any advice would be appreciated

As
  14th of Sep, 2008

The same thing happened to me I was thinking I was only paying the shipping charges and my account was charged $44.50. I haven't received my product yet.

Ma
  14th of Sep, 2008

I am an old lady who should be wiser, but I fell for the "free trial offer" for shipping. My credit card shows the same charge as the above. I have called --no reply--and e-mailed -no reply. I did not receive a confirmation number or invoice either. I feel I have been scammed. On Monday I plan to contact the Phoenix, AZ BBB. Why don't we all do that?

Vi
  14th of Sep, 2008

the same thing happened to me. I ordered the free sample paid the shipping, they sent me hoodie water and gum I didn't want.I emailed them told them I did not want it, they said they would cancel the order. today I went on line to my bankand they charged me another $39 plus. And no product. How do you get your money back.If I were Opra I would take my name off this product.

Be
  15th of Sep, 2008

I feel so stupid. I never have ordered anything sent to my email, but fell for this one. I thought I was using great care in making my selection (acai berry for just shipping and handling prices) I found out the next day that the company had billed me $41.85 for two products that I had not ordered. Plus the package took over two weeks to arrive. I have done a dispute already, but don't feel to secure now thinking that at anytime they could just charge my account for some other unordered item. I too will call the BBB or the Attorney General if necessary. I am not blaming Oprah. It is possible that these people could just be using her name and image to scam people. She should be made aware of it.

Ma
  15th of Sep, 2008

The e-mail address of the BBB in Phoenix, Az. is www.arizonabbb.org. The phone number is 1-602-264-1721. Hopefully, we can get our money back if enough of us complain about these CROOKS !!

Sc
  15th of Sep, 2008

Unfortunately this is my second scam I have fallen for where the scammer is from AZ! The first one was two years ago and advertised on a VERY popular Sports Radio Show in NYC "The Mike and the Mad Dog Show." I dealt with the AZ BBB and NOTHING was resolved! Holy crap was the paperwork extensive! All for nothing! My credit card company was a minor help. I hope you all contacted your credit card company to stop payment!!! Of course that is more paperwork.

So now I have been ripped off via the internet. I fell for the old "Free Sample, just pay shipping" crap too. $4.95 shipping, when I got the package not only was I NOT shipped the Acaipure, but they threw in three unordered products (Hootia garbage) and to add insult to injury, the postage mark on the package was $2.95.

I don't feel dumb because there are lots of crooks out there preying on the honest hardworking people of the world. What I do feel is mad and if there is anything I can figure out to do to get back at these people I will do it. Especially after reading all your comments above.

Li
  16th of Sep, 2008
Acaipure - Scam! Unauthorized debits!
Acaipure

Central Coast Nutra which advertised AcaiPure

They advertised a trial for $4.95 and I just got charged $44.95
Called cannot get a person, hangs up on me. I am calling my bank and betterbusiness bureau.

Cb
  16th of Sep, 2008

All, it is unfortunate that companies put the FREE in large fonts and the "but it will be an additional $40 charged to your account after 14 days if you don't send the product back" in small print, but it was there. Because nothing in life is ever free, I make a point of reading the small print priot to hitting the submit button. Once I saw the "I gotcha, " I deleted my credit card number and closed out of the site. There is always a catch to these offers...always. I hope all of your future experiences are more positive. At least now you know what to look for.

Vi
  17th of Sep, 2008

I RECENTLY ORDERED A SUPPOSEDLY FREE TRIAL WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A $70 PRODUCT. I NEVER TO THIS DATE RECEIVED THE PRODUCT AND THE COMPANY IS REFUSING TO REFUND MY MONEY. IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR OPRAH'S COMMENTS ON THE PRODUCT, I WOULD HAVE NEVER SUBSCRIBED TO IT. THIS IS TOTALLY A SCAM. THIS COMPANY HAS GOT TO BE STOPPED.