AcaiPure/AcaiaSlim / Can't cancel membership

I was directed to the AcaiPure website from a blog (www.sarablogger.com). At the AcaiPure webiste a free trial offer of AcaiPure was advertised. You had to pay $4.95 for shipping. I signed up, the package arrived with no packing slip or instructions on returning or canceling your membership. I went back on the AcaiPure site and from the Terms and Conditions learned how to cancel my membership and return the unused portion of the product. I could not reach them by phone (every time I called the wait time was over 45 minutes). I e-mailed them to cancel my order, never heard anything. Then 2 weeks later there was a charge of $79.95 on my credit card from a company called Acaislim Software. I called AcaiPure and waited the 47 minutes, talked to a woman who knew nothing about my account, they could not find my name or email address. She said I did not buy product from them. She gave me the AcaiaSlim website, www.acaiaslim.com, and their customer service number [protected], and she told me that they phished the AcaiPure website and got my credit card information.
I called AcaiaSlim and they did have my credit card number and account information. I told them to cancel my membership and that I had canceled through AcaiPure. They made it seem like I did not know what site I had ordered from and that I did not cancel within the 14 day trial period and that I was responsible for the $79.95. I told them that AcaiPure accused them of phishing their site, she said that was illlegal, they would never do that. However, I did receive an email from FitFactory which is associated with AcaiPure, and I had to cancel free trial membership to FitFactory [protected]), so they obviously had my credit card information from when I signed up on the AcaiPure website. I believe the two companies are running a scam together. You think you sign up with AcaiPure, and you try to cancel within the time limit, but they do not cancel you because you have signed up with AcaiaSlim and free trial period has gone by and you are stuck paying for the month's worth of product.

Sm

Comments

• In
      21st of Dec, 2008

I was checking my credit card bill and found the exact same charges from the exact same companies on my bill. I just wrote my credit card company to advise them I did not authorize those charges.
    I tried to cancel on line as above comment suggested.
    No luck
    I hope I can contact them by phone and get this matter cleared up.
    I hate rip off artists and scamers.
    I am so glad I found your comment.

• Ev
      23rd of Dec, 2008

I have had the same problems with this company and I think it is nothing but a scam, not only did they charge my credit card 3 times but I also had about 100 emails sent to me that I could not get rid of. They are very hard to get in touch with and just give you the runaround.
    I also hate rip off artists and scammers and will never again fall prey to them again.
    I did get through to them on the telephone and they said they would reinburse me but for some reason I do not believe them but I will not give up even if I have to cancel my credit card and order another.
    I will be phoning the better business bureau about those people or try to pull a fast one.
    Thanks for everybody's comment

• Ev
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Sorry about the spelling on my last comment but I am so mad right now that I am not surprised.

Thanks