AcaiHerbal.com / Acai Berry Free Trial

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I found on WebMD a product for weightloss. Acai Premimum Berry at www.acaiherbal.com. I signed up for the free trial and entered HALFSHIP for the coupon code so I would only pay 1.97. I checked my bank account, and they charged me for 80.33. I tried calling all the 800 numbers and none i get an automated recording stating they are closed (does not give a business name), even though they say the have customer support 24/7. I even tried to cancel on acaitechsupport.com, that seems to be part of the scam too. I did call Visa but seeing that it is Sunday not a hole lot I can do. I did cancel my card and will have to go to the bank tomorrow to report Fraud and hopefully I can get back the 80.33. I did file a complaint with the FTC. I wish I would have not about this site before I did this. I have never fallen for scams before and I am feeling pretty stupid right now. Hopefully the FTC will shut these scammers down, but once they do, another will come up. Please, Please, Please don't fall for this scam.

Km

Comments

• Km
      18th of May, 2009

I just got a call from a rep promoting acai x 3. She was offering a free trial and program. I explained what happened with my with the acai herbal.com and how I canceled my card...she hung up on me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not fall for this.

• Ka
      29th of May, 2009

it is a scam. its suppose to be a 30 day free trial offer with you having the option to cancel by the 15th day if you don't then you will be charged the full $80 however I just called my credit card and cancelled the card and the charge pending is not for the handling of $3.95 but for the full $80. Of course the charge will come through and I will dispute it but its a fraud

• La
      4th of Jun, 2009

They got me as well!! I called their 800 number and cancelled two days after I got the product, b ut they still charged me for it.

• Km
      8th of Jun, 2009

I canceled my credit that everything was orginally charged to on 5/18. On June 5 they charged the canceled card again which came straight out of my bank account. Had to go to the bank again, do another fraud afidavit. I'm thinking I may just have to close my bank account and open a new one.

• Je
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Several people are complaining about the same thing as I am about to. I subscribed to the free trial program as advertised and got more than the $3.95 shipping taken out of my account for something that was supposed to be "free". I want my name, email address, Bank card number and all personal information wiped clear from your system. I do not want to be a subscriber, and do not want any more charges taken against my account from your company. If This does not happen I will be forced to take further action. Legal or otherwise. Beings that I am in a sound company who travels up and down the east coast and my brother knows the Adjutant general of PA., things can get ugly.

• As
      10th of Jul, 2009

ITS IS A SCAM!!! I READ ALL THE COMPLAINTS AND THEY ARE TOTALLY TRUE. HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE STILL BE IN BUSINESS? I DID THE SAME, THEY HIT MY ACCOUNT FOR $82.31. STILL NO CREDIT WHEN I RETURNED A FULL BOTTLE, THEY JUST INSISTED I RETURNED AN EMPTY ONE. CAN PEOPLE DO THIS?? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING SOMEONE CAN DO... SORRY HAD TO LET MY ANGER OUT.

• Be
      14th of Oct, 2010
    AcaiHerbal.com - Charged my account for $82.31 and will not refund my money
    AcaiHerbal.com
    acaiherbal.com

Please be careful when ordering products on the internet. I ordered Premium Acai Berry from this website. They claimed to have a free trial as advertised by Oprah and Dr. Oz; however, that is not the case!!! The free trial is $3.95 but they (HerbalTechSupport) charged my account for $82.31 and will not refund my money.