acaiburn diet pills / misleading info

Des Moines
I was inquiring about acai berry and came across this product for A free trial membership of there diet pill acaiburn for 14 days started the trial membership they sent me the product at which time was fine but the thing that I did not agree with was the fact that they also had me start A membership to a web access and A product membership that was not very clear on the details. I was under the impression try it for 14 days just pay shipping after that point you would be charged for all shipments after that point. that was not the case they charged me for the whole 14 days and tried sending me 3 more bottles at one time billing me in installments. I had never received an invoice with either of the 2 shippments I received, nor did they provide me any cancelation phone # I had research that myself. I had to contact my credit card to find out what I was being charged tehy claimed there is A 100% money back gaurentee. I sent the product back still waiting to see if I get my money back

N  23rd of Mar, 2009 by

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expanding, for the second time, its nationwide alert to consumers about tainted weight loss products containing undeclared, active pharmaceutical ingredients.

The FDA has identified additional weight loss products (Herbal Xenicol, Slimbionic, and Xsvelten) and new undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients (fenproporex, fluoxetine, furosemide, and cetilistat).

"These tainted weight loss products pose a great risk to public health because they contain undeclared ingredients and, in some cases, contain prescription drugs in amounts that greatly exceed maximum recommended dosages, " said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "Consumers have no way of knowing that these products contain dangerous drugs that could cause serious consequences to their health."

On Dec. 22, 2008, the FDA warned consumers not to purchase or consume 28 different products marketed for weight loss. On Jan. 8, 2009, the FDA expanded the list of tainted weight loss products to include 41 additional tainted products. The FDA will continue to update this list as warranted.

The products listed above, some of which are marketed as dietary supplements, are promoted and sold on various Web sites and in some retail stores and beauty salons. Some of the products claim to be "natural" or to contain only "herbal" ingredients, but actually contain potentially harmful ingredients not listed on the products' labels or in promotional advertisements. These products have not been approved by the FDA, are illegal, and include the following undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients:

fenproporex – a controlled substance not approved for marketing in the United States;
fluoxetine – an antidepressant available by prescription only;
bumetanide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
furosemide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
rimonabant – a drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
cetilistat – an experimental obesity drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
phenytoin – an anti-seizure medication available by prescription only; and
phenolphthalein – a solution used in chemical experiments and a suspected cancer-causing agent that is not approved for marketing in the United States.
The FDA has inspected a number of companies associated with the sale of these illegal products and is currently seeking product recalls. Based on the FDA's inspections and the companies' inadequate responses to recall requests, the FDA may take additional enforcement steps, such as issuing warning letters or initiating seizures, injunctions, or criminal charges.

The FDA advises consumers who have used any products containing these ingredients to stop taking them and consult their health care professional immediately. The FDA also encourages consumers to seek guidance from a health care professional before purchasing weight loss products.

The health risks posed by these products can be very serious and include high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack, and stroke. Sibutramine, a controlled substance, was found in many of these products at levels much higher than the maximum daily dosage for Meridia, the only FDA-approved drug product containing sibutramine. These higher levels of sibutramine can increase the incidence and severity of these health risks. Fenproporex, another controlled substance, can cause arrhythmia and possible sudden death.

Health care professionals and consumers should report serious adverse events (side effects) or product quality problems to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail, fax or phone.

Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
Regular Mail: use postage-paid FDA form 3500 available at: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm and mail to MedWatch, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787
Fax: 800- FDA-0178
Phone: 800- FDA-1088
N  19th of May, 2009 by

acaiburn diet pills - Unauthorised fleecing of my account
Acaiburn Australia

I very stupidly cliked on a "Free trial" offer of one month of diet pills. I received the pills and tok only a few realising it was stupid idea anyway. I then received after the month another 3 bottles of the stuff! Alarm bells rang and I emailed them saying I did not want them, don't send me anything else. They claim that I ordered them. Then I checked my bank staements and a cool $305 in total was taken out over 4 occassions! When I emailed them asking why they stated that they had only taken 1 payment of $24.95 and 3 of $59.95! I did not authorise any of this! I contacted my financial institution and they are investigating this. Along with 5 other mysterious withdrawels which commened afetr the "free" trial started. I will get my money back and I will tell all I know to never even think about trying your product! Pissed off!
N  28th of Jul, 2009 by

Hudson Road Bedford MK41 0QB
England, Bedfordshire
United Kingdom
Phone: 0_800_047_0987

I ordered the trial pack of Acaiburn diet pills at a very reasonable price, but to my shock this company debited my credit card without my knowledge, I have sent them an email threatining them with legal action if they do this again, but to my dismay the pills arrived with no invoice indicating the cost so untill I receive my credit card statment I have no idea what the damage is .
Yours sincerely
Mrs Barbara Kleszyk
N  8th of Nov, 2009 by
Hi all.If U want cancel atomaticly shipment for products acai burn you must go on the http://acaiburnsupport.com/ there is live chat with asistant and U'll cancel here all orders and shipments and charging from your credit cards...thats is my chat..Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Maria'
Maria: Thank you for chatting with AcaiSlim. May I know, whom am I chatting with?
you: hi my name is
you: Milan
Maria: Hi, are you here to place an order?
you: I need canceling my shipment for order acai burn tablets
Maria: In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address and phone number you used to order our product?
you: my email adress is ====@googlemail.com, and phone number 077=====04
Maria: One moment please while I locate your account Information.
you: yes.thanks
Maria: You have been removed from the auto ship program and you will not be receiving any further shipments.
Maria: As per the Terms and Conditions which you indicated that you had read and agreed to before placing your initial order, you were charged discounted monthly installments of $87.62 for the one month supply of amazing AcaiSlim product which you have received.
Maria: Your cancellation # is
Maria: 611573

Maria: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: no it is all.
Maria: Thank you very much for chatting with us today.
Maria: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
you: ok thanks wery much
Maria: Good-bye.
N  5th of Jan, 2010 by

I feel bad that there was some confusion when you placed your order. Complete customer satisfaction is our number one priority. That said, we do know that mistakes happen all the time. We do our best to avoid this by providing our Terms of Service on our order page right next to where you enter your credit card. We also have a separate link to our TOS from our home page. Did you take the time to read them before you placed your order? If not or if you are confused, I'd like to help you out.

I invite you to return the unused portion of your order so we can end our business relationship. If you are still covered by 30-day guarantee we will refund your money right away. We take our money back guarantee very seriously.

I'd also like to invite you to contact our customer support team, which is available 24/7. You can either call us at (8/8/8)-(5/9/1)-(2/1/9/0) or use our Live Chat online support service. The Live Chat link is on our Contact Us page. It can help you out with most of the most common questions and concerns we receive.

We believe that we can work this out so that everyone will be happy. I can't wait to hear from you

N  5th of Jan, 2010 by

I'm sorry you are upset. If we are at fault for any confusion or inconvenience, we'd like to help set things right as soon as possible. We believe in satisfying our customers.

I think that most of your concerns can easily be resolved if you contact our customer support team, which is available 24/7. Either call us at (8/8/8)-(5/9/1)-(2/1/9/0). or use our Live Chat online support service, located on our Contact Us page. Our customer support people are trained to handle problems like yours, and will work with you to resolve the issue.

It looks to me – and excuse me if I'm wrong – that this problem may have developed because you did not read our Terms of Service. For easy reading, we place the Terms of Service on the order page near where you enter your credit card, and provide a link to it on our home page. Did you get a chance to read it before you placed your order?

If you didn't get a chance to read it or found it confusing, please return the unused portion of your order and we can start the cancellation process. Hopefully you are still covered by our 30-day money back guarantee, so we can send a refund to you right away.

We want to do our best to resolve this issue and hope to hear from you soon.

(heather loope)
A  15th of May, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I fell foul of this company too. Same thing happened to me. They claim you have signed up for all sorts of things from their various departments (which you wont know about), and also change their workbase from one country to another continuously, and also change their name so that on your statemnts you will not be able to see the link.
You phone or e mail and get lots of nonsense. You contact your bank and they say it will take 30 days to stop the payments and even then they can only request that the company stop.
Keep clear of these fraudsters as once you get involved it is hell and back trying to extricate yourself and meanwhile, yes, they fleece your bank account. Lots of people recorded on internet have been scammed by this company.
A  16th of May, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We should seek to expose this so called company by posting our experineces with them all over the internet.