Acaiberry/fwm Laboratories / Withholding Refund

Ok here is my story, in December I ordered the free trial of the Acaiberry product and only paid the $5.95 shipping and handling, that was all I was asked to pay (because well, it's a free trial product, duh). I got my bank statement for January and they had charged $87.13 to my account without my knowledge because supposedly I signed up for a membership when I ordered the free trial product, that makes no sense to me, the purpose of the free trial product was to test out the product and see if I liked it, that makes sense, right?

So anyway, I called the Acaiberry company/FWM laboratories [protected]) to tell them I did not not want to receive the product any more, so they canceled my membership which I was unaware of having, and did not agree to sign up for and told me they would refund me for the that charge of $87.13, I also sent back the free bottle I received and never received any product from them again. It is now the middle of February and I still haven't received my money back for that product they charged me for that I did not receive.

When they charged me the $87.13 it caused my bank account to go negative because I was unaware that they would be charging me monthly and I was not prepared for it and if I had known they were going to do that I would have never even tried the free trial.

I also ordered the free trial of the herbal pills that came with it from another company all I paid was the $3.95 shipping and handling that was asked, they granted me my refund of $99.86 that was charged to my bank account the same way Acaiberry charged me, but how come the Acaiberry company won't refund my money? I have called the FMW laboratories several times and they said the refund was given back to me on the 29th of January and that it is my bank that is holding on to the refund, it is now February 11th and my bank has NEVER taken this long to process a refund. I also asked the FWM laboratories the last time I called about this (which was less than an hour ago) if they could send me a hard copy letter stating that they have processed my refund on their part but this is what I was told by the FMW/Acaiberry representative named Alex "It is not in my interest to so, I can not do that for you, but I assure your refunded has been processed on our part."

So, from what I am hearing, I'm getting a told a big fat lie by this company and I'm really pissed. If they issued the refund then they should have no problem sending me a letter stating they did so, and proving to me that they did give me my refund.

If anyone else is having this problem or any trouble related this this company

please email me at: [protected]@yahoo.com

I am pretty positive that I am not the only person who is going through this with this company.

I would really like to talk and I need to find out how to go about this situation, because I'm about ready to file a lawsuit on this company. Also, I can never find anyone in that company that speaks good English, it's very frustrating, no offense to people with poor English language, but as far as this company goes, it seems like they do it on purpose so they can turn my words around on me. They are keeping my money illegally, and I want my money back now, they don't deserve to keep my money and I'm am NOT going to pay for anything I didn't receive.

Comments

• Gi
      10th of Feb, 2009

I am in the same situation. My credit card was charged almost $90 TWICE for this CRAP! It does not even work! I called the company, and they too cancelled my membership. I asked for a refund, and they told me that the product was NON-refundable! HORSE CRAP!!! I called my credit card company to dispute, but they need a copy of the terms anc conditions from the site, and I can not find it anymore. SO, now I feel I am stuck with almost $200 worth of crap, and nothing to do with it!

10th of Feb, 2009

I am planning on filing a lawsuit against this company, I have just registered with lawyers.com and posted my story on there hoping someone in the law field will read it and be able to help. This is so aggravating and maybe if they get ENOUGH lawsuits it'll shut down their company for good so no one else has to endure this kind of frustration.

10th of Feb, 2009

You are dealing with a bunch of Scam Artist.. I wouldn't even try calling them back. They are under investigation as We speak. There is a Case against them as We speak. Where ever you got the bogus product from, google the Attorney Generals Office of that State and fax or file a claim against them. Also get a hold of Consumer Affairs.

You are better off going to /link removed/
    Maybe you will get your money back with their help.

Cut up that Credit Card! Whether you like it or not, You will see more charges in the future. Without your authorization! Make sure you file a fraudulent claim with your credit card Company.

Also, keep some of that bogus crap they sent you and have it tested. Someone posted the ingredients on here and it said "NOT DIGESTIBLE BY HUMANS."

10th of Feb, 2009

Oh wow, thanks for the help! I sent everything back to them because I didn't want them to come back and tell me they need this and that before I can get my refund, ugh I am getting so tired of this headache with this company.

I will do what you mentioned and thanks!

Oh and I purchased the item with my debit/credit card and I am STILL in red over this so I can't cut up my card or anything or close out my account, I will however tell my bank not to allow any kind of purchases with this card and see what they say.

Tabitha
    Being that you will keep your card open, be careful. There a quite a few testimonies on this website that did so and found charges a few months later. So keep checking.

10th of Feb, 2009

Ok, I will. I've already gotten a hold of my bank and told them to close my account, it still remains open but only for me to pay the debt off. I will keep checking though because scammers are good at what they do and I wouldn't put it past FWM to try something cute.

Also, I just finished filing with all of the places you mentioned, hopefully it will help.

Good for you Tabitha!
    Hope others will do the same...

• Ci
      10th of Feb, 2009

I, too, foolishly fell for this scam. I, too used my debit card. my banker said you would not believe the number of calls they have gotten on this scam because people see it on Oprah and Rachel Ray. My bank told me to do 2 things first and foremost. First, call and cancel the subscription and get a confirmation number (make note of the phone number you used for reference), Second, cancel you debit card. Stopping charges for the company will only last for 6months at most, and the companies know this. They will keep trying to push the charge through until they are successful. I am going to keep pushing for a refund, or credit from my bank.

10th of Feb, 2009

In regards to the 6 months you mentioned, does that mean that they will try to charge me again after the 6 months? I am going to get this card completely shut off once I get the red back into positive, in the meantime I'm just going to let the bank know to close the account, I guess that's all I can really do. Hopefully this company will get shut down.

Tabitha

Yes, this is what I was talking about. There are testimonies on this website where people cancelled their card but a few months later, these Scam Artist found a way to push their way thru to suck more money out of them.

Unfortunately, the only safe thing to do is change your account.

10th of Feb, 2009

This was posted on this website three hours ago;

by donna
    If nothing else, WE NEED TO PUT THIS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS! I filed complaints with the BBB and the Florida Attorney General. BBB is still checking it out, but the attorney general's office recommended contacting the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service, Division of Consumer Services, 2005 Apalachee Parkway, Talahassee 32399. Web sit is www.800helpfla.com. They also suggested contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center at 800/251-7581 or www.ic3.gov. In addition, they provided this Web site, www.ftc/bep/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm (Federal Trade Commission "Billed For Merchandise You Never Received?" And more . . . Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov and the Broward County Consumer Protection Office at www.broward.org/consumer. My bank is still working on it as well. Liars and cheaters shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of activity. LET'S PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!

10th of Feb, 2009

Amen to that, and I'm also working on getting this company put out of business, I do NOT want any other people going through all of this like so many of us already have and are still dealing with now. FWM laboratories is like a bad nightmare that will haunt you forever it seems like. I'm going to get my money back, I'm not going to let them have my money that they do not deserve, and I'm also going to put all of those idiots out of jobs and maybe into jail. This is ridiculous.

Tabitha
    I agree! Hopefully others will follow, all We can do is help them as well and put the bad guys where they belong! In jail!!!

Tabitha

I filed a Complaint online with www.ic3.gov. Their form seemed similiar to the form with the FBI agency. It's because this website works with them.

Just to let you and others know

• Al
      13th of Feb, 2009

My name is Alla Gonik and I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM with Acai. They charged $79.95 for free trial and I don't have their telephone # to call and to cancell the order and to speek to them. Could you be so kind to give their ph. # that I'll be able to call them. Thank you.

• Up

FWM LABORATORIES 1866 949 0138

ADD 3007 GREEN ST
    HOLLYWOOD, FLORIDA 33020

• Up

Yes, I share the same story with the 5.99 free trial and the $87.13
    14 days later (they stated if do not cancel the order in the 14 days since you ordered the free trial) you will be charged the full amount. Even if you have not received the free trial they will charge your credit card.
    That's what a customer service person stated to me back in January 2009., I contacted my bank and they are looking in to it, did anyone noticed that when the product arrived it had no invoice inside from fwm laboratotories?...I f anyone has returned the product please post the add, since I'm going to the post office and send it back.

upset from texas

13th of Feb, 2009

The product is working I have lost six lbs in two weeks, but I found the same products at the health food store for $100 less. I called two numbers to cancel my membership that I apparently didn't read about when signing up for the free sample (economics 101, nothing is free!) The number for the Acai Berry is 866-673-8812, the nice lady was happy to cancel my membership and explained I agreed to it in the purchase agreement (guess I should have read it a little closer). I asked her about the Life Cleanse if this would cancel that product also and she told me no. So I called 866-949-0138 the number on the bottle, guess what, they are connected my membership was canceled there already. Now I will take my bottles and go to the health food store and purchase the same cleanse for $60 less. I will look for the Acai Berry at a lower price. What is interesting is the products come from Nevada and Florida but our money is going to the UK and we are being charged extra for a foreign purchase that was made here in the states.

• Ri
      14th of Feb, 2009

Has anyone gotten there money back?

• Ri
      14th of Feb, 2009

I too fell for the scam, I had to cancel my debit card not to mention that it left me broke. Lesson learned.