acai xl / unauthorized bank withdrawal after cancellation of product

1 MO, United States Review updated:

After returning free trial of product due to being on medication which may not agree with the ACAI XL, I was unable to get answers on any of the phone numbers to get their "required" RMA. I then wrote a letter to the only mailing address I could find on their information (Acai Berry Detox, 2040 NE 163rd St. Suite 305, North Miami Beach, FL 33162) Canceling all shipsments and giving them written notification that they were no longer authorized to deduct payment from my account. On 02/19/2009, ACAI AL, [protected] charged my account $87.83. In the letter written to them to cancel, I informed them I would turn any unauthorized charges over for prosecution, which I fully intend to do tomottow.

Bj

Comments

• Br
      30th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the trial and i tried to cancel it says the mobile number not working 18666352312

• Up
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I got the same thing.. and Now I was charged 87.13 for something I have no idea what it was!!!

• Cw
      2nd of Feb, 2009

The exact same thing has happened to me. Did you ever find out how to cancel the membership. I have gotten 2 discontinued numbers from my bank and am having NO luck finding this company. please help!

2nd of Feb, 2009

I was charged also. I had ordered a free trial from a company calling itself ACAISupreme. They charged me shipping of $5.95, and I got the product, then cancelled my membership. I saw the charge for $87.13 and had an e-mail chat with ACAISupreme, who claimed to not be the ones who charged me and claimed not to know where the charge originated from.

• Al
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I just had this happen to me also and what I did was called my bank and had them dipute it because the number showed up on my statement and when the called both numbers and found that they did not work they refunded my money back to me.

3rd of Feb, 2009

I thought I would post this to help you out. I was scammed by this as well, they change the name of what you ordered to try and trick into calling other numbers. I spent half a day calling these people to get the same answers from them all: "We have no record of your order, you must have ordered another product, call this number." Anyway to make a long story short, Acai XL, Acai Berry Detox, and Triple Berry are the same products even though they will try to tell you they do not sell the product at this time. The main number to call is: 866.949.0138 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This is FMW Labs and they are the ones behind the trial offer of $3.95. Now after this happens, 13 days later you will get a charge for $87.13 from another compnay name, mine was Acai XL. The number stated on my bank charge was 888.692.8352 in AZ for a company called Central Coast Nutraceuticals. This compnay may or may not be involved, but they will NOT help you even though they charge you and the supposedly have a warehouse in FL. Get it, they charge you but do not have any info about the product even though they have a warehouse in FL. the FMW Labs.

Call the first number: 866.949.0138 in FL. You will wait forever on hold and may have to call 5 or more times. After speaking with three people yesterday, I was finally able to get a refund and confirmation number from someone named Edward(ficticious I am sure). They knew both amounts, the $3.95 and $87.13 even though the first two times I called they had no record of my order. Only after my girlfriend and I threatend them with calling the FBI and local law enforcement did they suddenly find my order. I mean they found it in 2 secs after all day they showed no record. I did not have to tell them the amounts, they told me. Basically call them, change your bank account, and call the FBI like we did to stop this scam.

Hope this helps you all.

• Ra
      3rd of Feb, 2009

SF12, thank you so much for posting your email. I have been trying to get a hold of this company for two days. Finally, do to the information you provided, mainly the phone number 866-949.0138, I was able to cancel the free trial scam and obtain a confirmation number. Am hopeful this experience is behind me and have learned a valuable lesson.

• Ti
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I also fell for this too and I also receieved a charge of $89.47 on my card yesterday. Using the phone number provided bySF12 got it handled...I think. I actually got through on the 1st try and got the trial charge of $4.07 and order charge of $89.47 "supposedly" getting credited. I also contacted my bank and requested they not allow any more cahrges from this company to go through, bank rep said they are seeing alot of this going on. Good Luck.

• Rd
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I agree... same issue. Could not refund the 3.95 because it is Shipping Charges but still no product. This must be a real scam and should be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

• Ki
      4th of Feb, 2009

I also was HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) able to get this resolved thanks to sf12. i also recorded the call so if they don't fix it then i have them on record saying they would... don't know if that matters but you know.. and i gain i gave her no info just confirmed what she had on record so i know that this is the correct company and i also had her state the company name for me so it definitely is FLM Laboratories folks so don't let them tell you different.

• R3
      4th of Feb, 2009

SF12 thank you so much for youre posting. I was able to get this resolved through the correct (866-949.0138) number given by you. I also had to threaten to call Better Business Bureau or FBI before the person said she knew I was charged the $87.13, but she stated that it was noted in the fine print when I purchased the product that I would later be charged the full amount of the product. Though this is not true of the website I purchased it from. As well I'm sure is true for everyone else. Thank you again SF12 for your posting.

• Ra
      4th of Feb, 2009

I read this 2 days after I paid for the trial and luckily the payment was still pending from my bank account. So I just canceled my debit card and the charge for the $3.95 didn't even go through. If you just ordered this crap and are reading this, cancel your card if the transaction is still pending and you'll save yourself the headache of talking to their rude operators. I'm reporting these jerkoffs to the BBB.

5th of Feb, 2009

You can also call the CEO West at 678.592.6333 and email FWM and him at: billing@fwmlabs.com and west@firewatermail.com. I did this and finally received a confirmation email that my account was closed and I would be receiving a full refund in writing.

• Tm
      5th of Feb, 2009

Wow. A lesson learned the hard way. I've had the EXACT same experience as all of you. I received no product which I thought was a "free trial" for cost of shipping only ($5.95). I ordered it from the web on 1-13-09, and was billed for $87.13 on 2-3-09. I called the
    866-635-2312 number that was on my statement and after waiting 5 minutes, spoke with Cassandra, very difficult to understand, got a confirmation number and will supposedly order will be cancelled and I'll get a refund. I'm calling my bank though because I don't believe it. I was told that after 14 days if I didn't cancel the "membership" I'd be billed the $87.13. That was NOT how I understand the web add. (Which originated from a pop-up...another lesson learned). Has anyone received an actual refund yet?????

• 27
      5th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me this week. THANK YOU sf12 for the phone number for FMW Labs. I was connected almost immediately to someone named "John" who allegedly processed my refund request and provided a confirmation #. I also contacted my credit card company to be safe. Lesson learned - NEVER AGAIN.

• Ti
      5th of Feb, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. I was charged $3.95 for the "free trial" offer but I never received the product. I was charged $87.13 yesterday. I have been on the phone for over 3 hours trying to sort this mess out. I tried calling 866-949.0138 4 times and kept being put on hold to talk to the supervisor. I called several other times just to wait without receiving any help. I tried calling 866-635-2312 and the line was busy for the past 3 hours. I just got through and spoke with someone who said I will be receiving a confirmation e-mail regarding my refund. I'm currently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor to make sure I will be receiving a refund. Thank you so much to everyone who has posted complaints without your help I would have not be able to resolve this matter because I never received the product. I hope this helps anyone else who is a victim of this terrible company. I will be reporting them.

5th of Feb, 2009

Same experience as SF12. Numbers on my bank statement didn't work so did my own detective work and found the true number. They also tried to convince me that the charges I agreed to were in the fine
    print. But this was not true on the pop-up. They agreed to cancel my account and I cancelled my bank card, and requested a new one. I'm out the shippingcharges but now have to pursue it with my bank to make sure those charges are eliminated. My question? How do these people get away with these scams and why doesn't somebody investigate them and close them down?

6th of Feb, 2009

I also order the free trail and never received it . I tried to go back to the site to call or email and it would not let me with out a password and claimed that my info did not insist . I was charged again $87.13 and $1.74 When I called the number that was on the woman would not listen and put me on hold for 45 minutes. I called my bank and cancel my card so no more charges can be made. I am also reporting then to the Better Business Bureau .

• Ek
      6th of Feb, 2009

SF12, OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't thank you enough for your post here. It was such a tremendous help. I too, along with everyone else, was scammed on this. I check my account religiously and I saw the 87.13 charge as a pending charge and about had a fit. I called my back but they told me there was no information available since it was still just a pending charge and "technically" had not posted to my account. However, after reading some of the other posts, it wouldn't matter because the number that would have been attached to the charge would not have been valid. I called the number SF12 gave and was on hold for about 5 mins. Spoke to "Jack", told him I was recording the conversation and that my father was an FBI agent. He gave me a confirmation number for cancelling my account. However, for the refund, he would have to issue a "refund ticket" to the refund department in order for me to get my refund. When I asked him how long it would take to process the refund, he had no idea. I reminded him that the conversation was being recorded and who my father was and he gave me an email address for the refund department. If anyone needs it, it is fwmcancellations5@gmail.com. I've just emailed them. It has not come back undeliverable. I'm so glad to know there are honest people out there and people who care enough to help other people. Be blessed everyone, especially SF12.

7th of Feb, 2009

Thank you everyone for your kind words regarding my posts. I am just trying to help others eliminate some of the "red tape" I had to go through to find the company and my money. FWM Labs think they're slick but what goes around comes around. Good luck to you all, make sure that you don't give up and call the BBB and Attoney General.