Acai weight loss capsules / unauthorized shipments & fees

La Jolla, CA, United States Review updated:
I ordered this product as advertised, "Free trial- just pay 4.95 for shipping and handling". One month later I received and was billed for two more bottles. I returned them unopened along with a letter to cancel my order. Today, I called this company and was told that two more bottles were being shipped and that I had to pay flor these four bottles in the amount of $167.72. A supervisor was supposed to call me and I never received the call.

Comments

De
  23rd of Jun, 2009
Dear Customer,

It is apparent from reading your complaint that you failed to read the terms and conditions which you did agree to when you signed up for our trial offer; it is not possible to finalize your order with us unless you checked a box stating "I accept the terms and conditions" which are listed in clear, visible language on the bottom of the page.

The terms and conditions do explain that in our free trial you will only be billed shipping and handling fees to have a one-month supply of product shipped to you - you will have 15 days from the date your product ships to determine if it is the right product for you. If you are unhappy with the product, simply contact our 24/7 customer service department to close your account within the trial period and you will not be billed or shipped anything else. If you are happy with the product, do nothing and when your 15 day trial ends you will be billed for the shipment at it's original price. Additionally, if you keep your account open, we will continue to bill you for and send you a one-month supply of product every 30 days from your original order date to insure you never run out of supplements.

Our terms and conditions are also sent to you immediatly after ordering in an email confirmation and are sent out to you with your product on a product insert.

The terms also do state "Please note that no refunds are given on any products that have been already shipped" - if you sent products back to us without calling in to cancel we would have no way of knowing that you sent products back aswe do not accept returns. We do not re-sell shipped packages so if you return them to us you will just be sending them back to a shipping warehouse where they will be discarded (as would your letter).

This is why the terms state repeatedly that the way to close your account is to call our 24/7 customer service department and close your account.

I'm sorry you did not receive a call back from a supervisor as you were promised - please contact our 24/7 customer service staff at (866) 899-9006 with any questions or issues so that they can assist you.

Devin