Acai Supreme Store / fraudulent charging

Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
I too was charged on my credit card for a bottle of acai berry that I didn't order. I called MC to change my account number and told customer service that the store wasn't authorized for any charges except s&h on trial bottle. I now have ANOTHER charge for 94 something that I have no idea what it's for. I do however have a signed certified postcard from one of their employees saying they got the returned merchandise back but no credit on my card yet. It's definitely going into dispute. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE AND GIVE THEM YOUR CC INFORMATION. IT'S A NIGHTMARE.
Ly

Comments

Ka
  12th of Dec, 2008

Acai Supreme Store - charged without my knowledge
Acai Supreme Store
Florida

I was led to a website that promised me a free bottle of Acai if I paid shipping and handling. That site said nothing about being sent shipments every month. My credit card was charged for the shipping and handling, which is fine. However, now my credit card has been charged $88.62 for a new shipment. When I go to their actual web site, I see it indicates I'll receive a package every month, unless I call to cancel. Lo and behold, when I call to cancel, I'm put on hold. So far, i've been on hold for 9 minutes and still holding. Judging from other complaints on similar products, I could be on hold forever. I will attempt to send a letter requesting cancellation, and I will fight the charge on my credit card.
Mr
  1st of Jan, 2009
Lynn, our situation is EXACTLY the same...but we have yet to get a signed card back saying they got the merchandise back. Most days their phone numbers are busy or just have an answering machine. The second $94 charge is a COMPLETE MYSTERY to me, also. We never got any product along with that charge. These people are complete criminals and we intend to file a formal complaint with the Attorney Generals Office in Florida. Hopefully you and others will do the same.

These people are criminals.
Pi
  6th of Jan, 2009
I ordered the FREE bottle of acai. They then proceeded to charge me $29.95, then $91.28. They then caused my account to be overdrawn, so of course the bank charged me 2 overdraft fees of $35.00. They are a complete rip off and I too will be contacting the Attorney Generals office. THEY ARE DISHONEST, AND ARE A BUNCH OF THEIVES!!!
Pw
  9th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Beware this misleasing website! The "free" trial bottle is only free if you don't cancel your "account" within 15 days. Please make certainyou read ALL their terms and conditions before you send for anything. I wound up paying almost $200 for the trial bottle and one other bottle because I didn't cancel the "account" that I didn't know I agreed to. Unfortunately, your credit card company can't do much because you "agree" to the terms and conditions when you send for the trial.
Ka
  14th of Jan, 2009
On Dec 24 2008 i was checking my e-mail and i saw this advertising Acai Berry that had caught my attention so i started to read about it product and so on i order the product and at the end it sent me a e-mail saying that i will receive my order on Dec 30 will here it is now jan 14 2009 and i have yet not received nutting come to find out it was all a scam please be very careful when you order this product on line because it can all be a scam ...
  26th of Jan, 2009
I too have been charged 3x for bottles that I sent back, no return on the monies as of yet.
Pe
  26th of Jan, 2009
I to have had the same experience, and told them that what they were doing was a scam.. The man, that could not speak english well told me in no certain terms that I was certainly not going to get my money back. Thinking a lesson learned... (on my part).. I asked twice... is there anything else i need to worry about being charged for.. twice he said no. Silly me... as i look at my charges my cc has been billed twice for the fit and fac thing... I called to have it removed, they were only going to remove one charge, i told them, i was going to dispute the charges with my cc company and log a complaint with bbb.. (though not sure where that will really go).. anyway.. she immediately told me to hang on..(after telling me her sup was to busy right now to talk to me) .. i waited 15min's on the phone.. hung up called my cc company and am disputing the charges... I'll call them again to morrow to get a confirmation that this account has been closed and will dispute all charges from now on. This company is a complete scam... pass it on... tell your friends... lets write complaint letters to oprah and ray... what a rip off of the consumer.. and the total disrespect and """ to bad for you"" attitude they project... please send the word around... stop this scam... (thanks for listening)
Sh
  29th of Jan, 2009
I to was charged 3 times for one bottle. I calle them, they say they only see one charge but my bank statement says differently.
Sa
  11th of Feb, 2009
This company is a complete fraud.
Yc
  19th of Mar, 2009
I, too was led to the enticing website in Dec. '08. Kudos to your very clever, crooked staff. You got me! No, I did not read the terms and conditions thoroughly therefore no one to blame but myself, which is what they count on. After sending back both delivery #1 and delivery #2 I still have yet to receive any refund to my acct. The reply was "so sorry, but you didn't return it within the 15 day trial period." Hell, the stuff didn't even arrive until the 15 days were nearly up. Then they charged me a 30% restocking fee. Now they have both my money and the product. Pretty sad when the junk is so bad they have to resort to stealing your money and know they are protected from this thievery.
Am
  1st of Oct, 2009
I agree completely. This company should be investigated for fraud and deceptive business practices. I have been calling the Acai Supreme Store for almost an entire year for my refund. Aside from the shoddy use of the English language, the customer service is awful and they are artfully skilled in giving you the run around. I'm actually on hold now (it's only been 24 minutes). I am going to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in Florida, too. Please pass the word - this is a total scam!