ACAI Slimming Diet / scam

0 MT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-271-4199

BUYER BEWARE: Do not order this product. It will tell you that the product is free and all you have to do is pay for shipping ($1.95).
Wrong! I just received my credit card bill and they charged me for a membership for a self help program ($29.95). I called immediately to stop this as it seems that it is a monthly charge. They were also going to charge $80 monthly for the product unless I called to stop sending the product.
They tell you that it is disclosed. Probably is in very small print on the second page. Who knows.

Comments

26th of Jan, 2009
    Texas

I placed an order for the "free" bottle of ACAI and just today noticed another charge for $79.95 on my credit card. There was no paper work included in my free bottle so I knew nothing about future shipments. I don't recall anything stated in the initial order about these shipments either. I've started an inquiry into this charge with my credit card company but am concerned about future shipments and charges. To date, I have not received the shipment I was charged for but it shows up as "software" on my statement. There is no telephone number for the company responsible for these charges so I have no way of contacting them. Does anyone that has had this problem know how to reach this company?

Thanks for your help!

Hawthorne
    New Jersey

I did not authorize this money 79.95 to be taken out of my account I would like it put back immediately.
    Sandra Erwin

29th of Jan, 2009

I place an order for free sample too now they charged my card for 79.95 also do you know how to get them to pay it back i did now authorize this payment

I WANT MY CARD CREDITED NOW OR I AM GOING TO TNE BETTER BUSINESS

1st of Feb, 2009
    Acai Slimming Diet
    Phone: 877-271-4199

I oredered a FREE trial. I was only to pay shipping charges. On January 29, 2009 I discovered a $79.95 charge on my credit card. I am going to call the company and have it removed from my credit card. If I have further problems with the company I will submit another complaint.

• Wi
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Good day!

Im Winnie residing here in United Arab Emirates..I purchased the FAT ABSORB last feb 9 2009, and yet the item is not in my hand til date..i dont want to think that this is also a sort of scam..coz its not good especially for us living thousand miles away from States..

• Co
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I was charged $84.95 for a second shipment which I did not authorize. I called and was told that I would get my money back. After 3 weeks of waiting for my money I called again, they said I would not get my money back and hung up on me. I want my money back.

• Tx
      24th of Feb, 2009

My wife and I wanted to try this product. We placed separate orders and waited for delivery. The product arrived five days after we placed our order which was to include a 15 day free trial, however the trial date started from the time ACAI shipped the product not from the time we received our product. Furthermore ACAI billed our credit card for the product even before the 15 day tril date had ended counting from the shipped date and not the delivery date as any reasonable person would have expected. I was charge for the free trial shipping and then I was charged for the product as was my wife. In my opinion the product is substandard and has no real benefit plus ACAI practices decieptive business practices. We did cancell but then with a month the company ACAI attempted to charge for another month supply of thier product via credit card charge. I called for a second time to cancell the accounts for both my wife and I and was told that the accounts were again closed and that all funds only the second charge would be credited to our account, but that the other charges would not be credited. ACAI took the shipping and the first month product dollar amount out of my account once for me and once for my wife's order before the 15 day trail was completed. Then they tried to charge for another month against my account in the same month. My advice is to stay away from this company.

• Ga
      26th of May, 2009
    ACAI Slimming Diet
    Salina
    Kansas

In January I decided to try the ACAIi berry diet and tea. I ordered the berry for $1.95 and signed up for the slimming tea for $34.95. It took three months of charges to get this company to stop sending the product. I didn't receive product for the last two months. In addition to this problem, I have been billed every month for a company that attached itself to this ad. It was on the screen but I was not able to see it. The company name is Fit Factory.com. There was never any product given with this but for several months I have received charges of $29.95. I contacted my charge card company to dispute the charges but was told that I signed up for this "service" and to contact them myself. The have been other attached companies as well. How much did this ACAI berry cost? I don't want to know, I just want to stop this insanity. I have called the company repeatedly and told that my account is not active. Why are charges still being attached to my credit card? How do we, the people, get this to stop so others don't loose money in the bogus schemes? Help!

• Te
      12th of Apr, 2010
    ACAI Slimming Diet - additional tacked on charges

As has been stated by so many others...
    Some one used my personal information to ordered a diet aid sometime back in 2/09.

I never received this diet aid, and did not know any thing about this product. In April 2010 I received a bill that was chargeing $129.95 for month shipped to my door of a product I did even know about. After contacting the company and stating my issues they would not work with me on the problem. The company try to use a credit card that was cancelled of fraud. February 28, 2010. when I received a bill lin the mail stating I had not fullfilled my agreement to receive monthly shipments. I tried to call and explain and was very rudely told that I owed the money and that was that.
    I will pursue this with the Attorney General and my attorney but I will not pay for something I did not every receive or want. You should have a right to cancel. I hav file a complaint with BBB and US mail for fraud because it said in the bill that I received a Acai Slimming Die every month shipped every month.