Acai SlimUNAUTHORIZED CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD

1 Review updated:

I ORDEDERD A FREE SAMPLE OF ACAI SLIM. I RECIEVED MY SAMPLE THEN EMAILED THE COMPANY TO CANCELL MY MEMBERSHIP. I NEVER AUTHORIZED THEM TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD. I DO NOT WANT THE PRODUCT. WHEN I SPOKE WITH THEM THEY TOLD ME THEY NEVER GOT MY EMAIL. I AM SENDING THE PILLS BACK THEY DO NOT WORK. I WILL CALL MY C/C COMPANY NOT TO PAY. MY HUSBAND IS AN ATTORNEY AND HE WILL HANDLE THIS.I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH YOUR PRODUCT. WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION! PLEASE REMOVE ALL CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD IMMEDIETLY!!!

Comments

• Am
      Nov 18, 2008
    Acai Slim - Unauthorized charges
    Riverton
    Utah
    Phone: [protected]

I ordered a sample on 11/3/08. I was told I had 14 days to try this. I received the sample 4 days later on 11/7/08 and began trying it. On 11/18/08 I was cahrged the full price! I called and I have to return the item and TRUST that they will refund my money. I asked for an email confirmation and they refused. I asked for a supervisor and due to high call volume I could only leave a voice mail. This product is probably fine, but they misrepresented the 14 day trial and then were not very customer friendly...

• Ro
      Nov 28, 2008

call the credit card company and have them reverse the charges for misrepresentation

• Lo
      Dec 02, 2008

i agree they were unfriendly to me too, i asked for a manager and they one was not available...i did not get the product until the trail person was over..

• La
      Dec 03, 2008

How did you get in contact with the company, I keep calling and cannot get a hold of anyone.
    Can someone please send me a phone number that actually works!!!

• Sh
      Dec 04, 2008

You were lucky you got to leave a voice mail, i was on hold for 37 minutes and then
    decided to hang up! I am going to pack everything up i received and send it back via
    priority mail and signature confirmation and try to get back the entire amount i paid.
    If your smart you won't order this product!

• Fo
      Jan 28, 2009
    Acai Slim - fraudulent deceptive billing
    Acaia aslim
    Utah

Like so many others .. Ordered 'free sample' for 4.95 S&H. Billed 79.95 (didn't realize you have to cancel WITHIN TWO WEEKS or you're billed full price and placed on auto-ship for more. Received second bottle, called to cancel (using # on credit card bill), returned 2nd bottle unopened, immediately.

In the five pages of small print of 'Terms', there is conflicting information. Also, several different addresses - the return address on the package is different from where to return the item, there's also ANOTHER address to write for cancellation. I wrote to all possible places. Could not get
    through via their web site.

Their 'terms' say that by ordering the product, you agree that all billing disputes will be settled between YOU and
    THEM, NOT involving your credit card company. I'm not sure if they can get away with that, it's worth asking.

Anyway, I did finally get through to a real person, and the 2nd 79.95 charge was removed. I guess I'm stuck with the first one because of the 14-day limit (which probably starts from the day you ORDERED, not RECEIVED, the item.

I was also billed for 'fit factory'. When I called that # to say I had never ordered that, they said it was an automatic 2-week trial that went with the Acai (their 'affiliate'), and said they had sent me an email. I said No you didn't. Their rep agreed to cancel and gave me a confirmation #. (If you get a confirmation # like that, HOLD ON TO IT LIKE GOLD).
    When the credit did not show up in a week, I called again, could not get through by phone (it didn't even ring), but did get an online chat via their website.

Long chat, with me continuing to insist, 'Your rep agreed to cancel, here's the confirmation #' from a week ago. They
    finally said, OK, you're cancelled, you will get no further charges. I said, I want THIS INITIAL charge removed as promised. They finally said OK and gave me a conf # for that. It's not been removed yet, but it's only been a day.

At the end of that online chat, they asked if I wanted a copy of the chat emailed to me. I said YES, intending to post it here. Haven't seen it yet, if it does come I'll post it. It's kind of entertaining.

Bottom line: don't go for ANY opt-out offers. These outfits are very slick and no doubt have sharp lawyers to trap you into deceptive 'contracts'. When you do manage to get them on the phone or on-line, persist and insist that you were not given full information, could not get through by phone or website, were dissatisfied with the product, whatever. Get the name of who you're talking to if possible, ask for supervisor.

I see that Better Business Bureaus are posting warnings about these people. I'm going to write the Oprah show and ask that they help publicize and drive these crooks out of business. Might be good to contact the attorney general of whatever state your particular crooks operate from, I think they handle consumer affairs.

Good luck to all fellow victims.

• Gl
      Jan 30, 2009

I ordered a trial of this products for $4.95.
    I tried to cancel, but the first time I called to cacel I was put on hold for approximately 1 hour. I called back the next day and was immediately connected to representative who told me she couldn't cancal my order because their computers were down. I ask her if I gave her all of my info could she not do it when her computer came back up and she said no. She stated she had no authorization to cancel and had to talk with someone else.
    I have called this company every other day since and still haven't been able to cancel. They have sent me two shipments and charged my credit card $79.99 for each. BEWARE OFF TRYING THEIR TRIAL BASIS!!!

• Li
      Feb 16, 2009
    Acai Slim - Unauthorized Bank charges
    Texas

This company obtained my debit card information and charged me four times for a total of 244.00 without my authorization, when I called to request the refund and make them aware that they did not have my authorization to charge my debit card I spoke to Julie ID#23 and she was EXTREMELY RUDE and in fact hung up on me. Refused the refund my money, despite the fact that they did not have my correct phone number and I told her these charges were not authorized. I have since submitted the information to the FBI and they are under investigation.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Kd
      Feb 23, 2009

I am having the same problem. I am calling them today. I did not authorize the company to charge my credit card and have been charged 3 times. I am on hold with the company now and already notified my bank.

• Kd
      Feb 23, 2009

I just was told that they will not refund and I NEVER authorized this charge. I was not even aware this was being sent to me. The customer service person (#232) was very rude telling me that I must have failed to read the small print. This is very misleading and false advertising. Lisa- Can you please let me know where you filed your report?

• St
      Oct 20, 2009
    Acai Slim - Unauthorized credit card charges
    Des Moines
    Iowa
    acaislimexclusive.com

I was on my facebook account and saw the ad for a free 30-day trial of this acai slim pill. I never buy anything online, especially with a free trial but I looked at website which looked legit and said I would only pay 2.95 for shipping and handling. So I gave my credit card info and within 2 hours, I had 8 missed calls from a 623 area code confirming my shipment and stating they were gonna also charge me 40+ dollars for some other product I never ordered. I told them I was not interested in any other products and they hung up. Later today I read approximately 50 negative reviews of this company with everyone stating they were scammed. I immediately called my credit card company and had my card cancelled. I was on a live chat with a representative from acai slim who said when I clicked confirm button I agreed to have my credit card billed 87.62 for the product. Of course I never saw this on the website but now I have to mail this product back, whenever I receive it, and hope they credit my new account back with the money. Unfortunately, that means giving these scam artists my new credit card info which will probably prolong this already exhausting and anxiety producing event.

• Vi
      Oct 28, 2009
    Acai Slim - Fraudulant offer
    Acai Slim

Please dont order from this company.
    You go through the process of the 14 day free trial, then when that is accepted you get the chance to go for a 30 day free trial. when you are accepted for that you can order.
    I did it and it said, after knowng i was in the Uk that i would be charged $2.95 postage.
    Once i had put my credit card details in the site said that i could not purchase from them as i had used them before in the past, which i had not.
    I then received an email saying my order was processed and i was being charged $12.90 shipping.
    the catch is that if you actually use the so called free trail you will then be charged $87 a month taken automatically.
    I called the company in America and spoke to a very unhelpfull person who said she was unable to cancel the first shipment, i would still be charged $12.90 as i am in the uk and that if i returned the product then i would not be charged te next lot of $87.
    PLEASE PLEASE dont use this site. it is a con...
    I called my Credit card immedialey and they are aware of the company and have had many complaints.

• Bu
      Nov 02, 2009

I am extremely upset with this company too! I have been charged $83.95 every week sence I ordered the product! Every FREAKING week! That is ridiculouse! You should be ashamed to represent such a horrible company! Never, Never, Never order from these people! I work hard for my money and charging me this amount weekly really is outrageous! I have tried calling the customer service number, without success! Satisfaction my ###!

• Bu
      Nov 02, 2009

By the way, the 24/7 online support is never online! it always says, " be back in 45 minutes" and your customer service number always says you are closed! ###!

• He
    Acai Slim - refund
    just think media
    Milperra
    New South Wales
    Australia
    Phone: [protected]

i recently ordered the acai slim tablets for free it said just pay postage and handeling which i did but then when i saw how much it was i got in touch with them through a live chat line(which i can no longer find) i canceled my order and they told me to send them back, and was told i would get my refund as soon as they got them back, and would not be charged for any more, in the meantime they have taken another $100 out of my account which i cant aford as i am a pensioner, as i have tried to contact them the phone number i have been given is always busy no mater what time i ring, i send the tablets back to Acai slim just think media PO box 4440 milperra NSW 1891 please help me (order number [protected]) also i have another number 521523 not sure what that stands for, the name on my bank acc is vibrant beauty

• Fa
      Nov 04, 2009

You are a buffoon. Do you really think you can take some pills to lose weight? Get off your couch and exercise and in the mean time exercise your brain as well. Lazy and dumb- a great combination.

• Wi
      Nov 04, 2009

WELLBHEALTH are nothing but scammers. I ordered a 14 day trial and was charged 1.95 shipping, but they hit the card again at the first of the month for 87.62. Did you go to www.premiumacaislim.com/contactus.hph. You will lose. They say everything is in terms and conditions. I did cancel and have a six digit confirmation number. The card will be cancelled today. That's how they make money. People don't cancel because they think it is a trial offer. I think exercise is cheaper. I just wanted a boost. Never even tried the product. Sometimes it costs money to find bad products. Nobody gives anything for free nowadays, Pay them now or pay them later. They are just too chicken ### to be upfront with you. They know you would not shell out 87.62 for a product to try out.

• 1c
      Nov 20, 2009
    Acai Slim - unathorized bank charges
    Acai Slim/World Club Fitness
    22100 E. 26th Ave #100
    Aurora
    Colorado
    Phone: [protected]

I was a victim of the AcaiSlim scam. I ordered the product for a trial period for 2.95 and did not read the fine print, that said if I did not return the product within 14 days my credit card would be charged 87.62 each month. I cancelled the subscription with AcaiSlim and immediately notified my bank. The bank said that I would have to recover my losses from the company. They said I would need to get a confirmation number cancelling my subscrition and an RMA number, which I did. Once I received the products for the second time, I immediatley return the unopened product via UPS so that I would have a tracking number for proof. Unfortuneately, not only are you enrolled in the trial period AcaiSlim you are automatically enrolled in 2 other complanies, those being World Club Fitness and Weight Loss Resources. If you do not cancel all subscriptions related to the AcaiSlim within 40 days of the original trial period these companies have your credit card information and you will be charged monthly even though you did not sign up for them. After cancelling my account and numerous phone calls and letters, hopefully this situation has been resolved.

• St
      Nov 24, 2009

I ordered the 14 day free trial on a Saturday. Sunday I received a call from the credit card company questioning some charges. Apparently, I had two charges for approximately $48 on my account. I called on Monday to cancel the trial and any future shipments and was given a confiirmation number. I was told if I sent the free trial back by a certain date, I wouldn't be charged. I sent it back with tracking and have proof they received it on time. Of course, I was then charged the $87 for the pills that I already returned. Not sure how to get out from under this one. They bill under a different company name every time.

• Vi
      Nov 30, 2009

acaislimplus.com has been shut down.

Vibrantbeauty.us is innocent of all the charges you people have made against them.
    The real internet thieves are as follows:

Farend Services Limited
    3 Athinodorou Street, 2025 Dasoupoli,
    Strovolos, Nicoasia, Cyprus

This company uses random business names to charge your cards, hoping you wont notice. Your business may be next. I know that because of these thieves, vibrantbeauty.us is now having to let many amployees go. This is a good company, honorable, and respectable, and always eager to please their customers. Now, they have been blamed for these horrible acts. They are innocent!!!
    Please, i am asking all of you to team up, and go after the real thieves, and let the world know who the real thieves are.
    -jordan

• Bp
      Dec 01, 2009

molly you're a peach lol

• La
      Dec 07, 2009

Oh but Thomas... Just wait!!! I called within the 14 day trail period and canceled any future shipments only to be billed for over $80 the next week. When I called the 800 number they said they had no record of anything being charged. I called my bank right away and canceled my debit card. Paperwork yet to be filed to recoup the money...

Jan 25, 2010

Hi my name is Maria. I’d like to talk to anyone out there who ordered up the free trial offer from this company and got dinged for charges after… did it happen to you? Did you get your money back? You can e-maile me at [protected]@gmail.com
    Thanks :)