Acai Slim / fraud charges

0 El Reno, OK, United States Review updated:

I ordered the trial size of Acai berry slim with shipping and handling charges of $4.95 only. I cancelled within the 2 wk. period and later received 1 more bottle of Acai berry slim that I didn't order along with a charge of $79.95 on dec. 12. I then received another charge of $79.95 for the same product but not another bottle. I did not order these and I want these charges reversed immediately. I also started receiving charges of $1.00 from two more services after this from Easy saver and also American Leisure. Then in December I received two more charges of $16.95 ea. from those two companies. I have only received a phone number that only gives you a computer for the latter two companies and then it hangs up on you. I need your help. I will now call the Acai Berry slim people as I feel these are all related. Can anyone help?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2008
    Acai Slim - Scam
    Acai Slim
    AcaiSlim.com

The 1-800 number doen dot work, they take money directly from your credit card, and there is no way to stop them unless you file a fraud complaint with Visa.

The trial is 14 days, you receive the products on the 10th day, then you can't call them to cancel your order, so they charge you 100$ a month .
    Total scam

• Pa
      8th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Slim - auto shipping
    acaislim diet
    support@acaislimdiet.com

I OREDERED A FREE BOTTLE WITH A SHIPPING CHARGE...NOW AN AMOUNT OF 80.00 HAS BEEN CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD AND I AM TOLD I AM IN AN AUTOSHIP THAT I NEVER AUTHORIZED...I AM FURIOUS AND WILL SEND LETIGATION IF MY MONEY IS NOT RETURNED AND EVERYTHING CANCELLED.THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW AND A LAWYER SAID TO REPORT THIS.

• Co
      9th of Dec, 2008

ordered acai berry slim diet free bottle of pills and paid for shipping and handling and know im being charged $89.00 on my creidt card with out my consent of ever having to order anymore pills.

11th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Slim - unauthorized withdraw from account
    111 Padilla Ln.
    Tularosa
    New Mexico

I am very upset that I had $79.95 withdrawn from my checking account with my visa card without my permission, it caused me to be overdrawn on my account and I got charged overage charges I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY $79.95 PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! I expect to see my money in there by friday. My phone number is (575) 491-1874. I am still overdrawn and getting charged by the day.

Antoinette Chavez

• Li
      15th of Dec, 2008

I ORDERED A FREE BOTTLE OF ACAI SLIM JUST PAID THE SHIPPING CHARGE.
    NOW I'VE BEEN CHARGED FOR THE FULL AMOUNT ON MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION, AS I NEVER REORDERED ANYMORE PILLS AS THEY DON'T WORK FOR ME!!!
    WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, AND WARN ANYONE ELSE NOT TO.

• Wh
      17th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Slim - Fraud
    Acai Slim
    Georgia

They are totally full of b.s. You will have to cancel the card that you placed the order on. I tried no less than 10 times to contact this company to cancel, each time, I was placed on hold until I hung up, or was told I could not connect due to a block on my phone.
    The product does not work, I am a gym person, 5-7 days a week and needed a boost. This company is not worth the time or effort that you will eventually put in to it.

• My
      20th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a free trial bottle and was told I would only be charged $4.95 and I have been charged $4.95 plus $89.95. When I called to ask why I had been charged this additional amount, I was told that a second shipment, which I did not receive, had been mailed. I did not agree to any additional shipment and I expect a full refund of $89.95 within seven business days. You immeadiate attention to this matter is expected and appreciated.

• Ac
      21st of Dec, 2008

I had the same experience - ordered a "free" sample - a few weeks later was charged aonthr $85.47 - called was on hold forever, wrote a cencellation letter 4 days after the intitial order. Called again and again - was on hold forever. Cancelled my debit card and reported Acai-aSlim to the Better Business Bereau in Delaware (after reading on the BBB site that the company has a bad reputation and few cases are resolved) My suggestion - cancel whatever method of payment you used initally and report your experience to the BBB - Maybe they will get shut down somehow? Good luck.

29th of Dec, 2008

I was also scam the same way, I went to a site that says free trial now my account has been charged $79.99 I called they said I going to be refunded but we'll see. Anyways becarefull because all those free trials are the same company or what ever you want to call them.

• Gi
      29th of Dec, 2008

This is the same scam as the Acai Berry Supreme and Bromolite "Free Trial". Read the small print! You don't know you are signing up for automatic shipments!

30th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Slim - Charged for 2 bottles which I never authorized in purchasing
    AcaiBerry
    Missouri

I never spoke with anyone about this product when I ordered the free trial. I just had to pay the shipping and handling. Now I have received 2 bottles and my account has been charged $80.00 plus tax. I cannot use the product for it makes my heart race. I am returning the product and demand a full refund. 12/30/2008. Christine Shectman

• Ci
      31st of Dec, 2008

I have also ordered the Acai-Slim and have had several withdrawals off my credit card. They have made it impossible to cancel. I have sent e-mails and certified letters and today have another withdrawal on my account. I sat on hold for 43 minutes to then get disconnected. They continue to withdrawal $84.95 and my bank says that I can't dispute it till after they are paid.

• Ka
      31st of Dec, 2008

Same scam here, and my credit card says nothing I can do since I didn't read the small print when I checked the terms & agreement box. So, a $4.95 shipping fee now cost $79.95 for the "free sample" and another &79.95 for the second one that I still haven't received AND $29.95 for an unwanted membershio at www.fit0fac.com.
    Unbelievable!

• Mi
      1st of Jan, 2009

Clearly, these guys are bad. Same thing happened to me - signed up for "free" trial, canceled a day later, and now a charge for $79.95 is on my credit card. Somebody needs to shut these guys down.

• Up
      7th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Slim - Charges on card
    Upset from Florida
    Florida

You say you get a free trial and you have 15 days to decide. The holidays were just here-Christmas and New Years and you were closed on these holidays-how has it been 15 days including the holidays. This company is a rip off and they charge you 89.97 for 60 pills claiming this is a month's supply. What a hoax and unfair greedy company this Acai Slim is!

8th of Jan, 2009

Another one suckered in! I also ordered the free trial and got scammed. Called back to cancel a month ago and go figured I was charged again just yesterday. Not only did the product not work I can't get them to stop billing me.

• Ap
      8th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Slim - charged with out my knowlegde
    acai slim

hi, i was billed 79.87 for this acai slim product. i was billed befor only 4.99. i tried to cancell my account but my computer has been down for some time. i would like to get a refund of the 79.87 if i could, and would be happy to return the product a.s.a.p.

• Cl
      13th of Jan, 2009

Free sample sent, charged for mailing only, then billed for product from my checking account.

• Nj
      14th of Jan, 2009

Everything on their website indicated that you get the first months supply free. I was billed 11.25 for shipping. Two weeks later I was billed $79.95 and two weeks after that another $79.95. I have tried repeatedly to get through to them with no success until today. I was told that when I ordered the “free sample” it was not actually free. If it wasn’t returned within 14 days I was agreeing to buy it for $79.95 and receive another bottle two weeks later for $79.95. She finally agreed to remove the second charge from my credit card. (We will see.) I went back to the website http://acaiaslim.com and found the area where the 14 days is stated on the second page. Fourteen days to try the Acaiaslim AND return it before being billed for it is ridiculous, but obviously a money maker for the company.
    Did Acai-aSlim work for me? The only change I noticed in that month was on my credit card statement.

• Pa
      20th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Slim - MISREPRESENT

You are not a large compay to take people money like you do and if there is a small print . Its not were we can understand it nor read it. Please cancel my order I would be gladly to ship this order back to you... Please cancellllllllllllllllllllllll my order. Iam very disappointed.