Acai Slim Detox / Free Trial

PO Box 2003Riverton, UT, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 877-317-0189

My account was charged $79.95 for what was suppose to be a free trial offer except $4.95 for shipping.

I called [protected] talked with Zack, Operator #124, he stated that the agreement read,
" the 14 day trial includes 30 pills. You will be automatically enrolled in an auto ship. You have 14 days from the day you place your order to cancel."
These terms are on the site when ordering, but I didn't read it, my only saving grace is that I have not yet opened the bottle of 90 pills. I can return the pills package untampered for a full refund, otherwise I would have been out of $80 dollars.

So, it is wise to call and cancel immediately and I am still hoping that they don't try any deceitful tactics before I get my acct creditied.
Kj

Comments

Lu
  27th of Dec, 2008
Acai Free trial is scam. $375 later Chase saved me. You can't return with their "confirmation" as they never answer phone...they keep sending and sending and charging and charging!...the worse part is it's not illegal. Chase said once they have "authorization" which was through the "shipping payment to recieve free trial" they can do what ever they want. If this is you...send product back with "delivery confirmation" and call your visa company. Watch out for the Web MD charges too...
Lu
  27th of Dec, 2008
Keep watching...they will charge you again!
On
  21st of Oct, 2009
The acai berry detox and the life cleanse are total shams. When I first ordered these two products on a free trial site the terms and conditions were not written out as they are now. It took nearly 2 weeks for me to receive the merchandise. When I received them ( both were shipped to me and received seperately ), I started taking them immediately. After 3 full days I had gained 6 pounds so I called on the fourth day. They advised me that it was no problem to cancel the order but that I had already been charged for the trial pills. They then advised me that I could have called them to extend the trial period but this was never stated on the site. They also told me that it could take 2 weeks to receive the merchandise once it was ordered. If I would have known this, I would not have placed the order because I could not give it a good chance. Now I am stuck paying for pills that I have already thrown out because they did not work and paying a bill for charges that I should not have received. In future please be very careful because this is probably how this company makes all their money.
Ss
  8th of Nov, 2009
If your product was so great you wouldn't have to have a hook on your free trial.
Shows me your not confident in your product. (scam)
When I went to apply for the free trial and there was a clock counting down the min. I had left to enter my CC info the red flags went up.

Is there any companies out there that are still honest?
Ss
  10th of Nov, 2009
I see you know how to copy and paste... Brilliant!
Je
  23rd of Nov, 2009
DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM... They will not only charge your act an additional $80.00 but they will NOT refund your money! BEWARE! Do not use this company...Here is it right before Christmas and I'm out $80 that I could be spending on my kids. I feel so stupid for falling for this.
Da
  11th of Dec, 2009
I also was duped, have been charged $14.76 and now $96.68 tried calling numerous times with no answer, finally got hold of someone today and was told that a new shipment was about to be sent. Was told membership has now been cancelled by "Ronald" and was given cancellation no. will still watch though. Also right before christmas, feel very stupid.
Sy
  13th of Feb, 2011
I too was screwed, bought the free sample pack, $7.95 postage & handling, used credit card, big mistake . Ten days later i got onto this complaints panel, OH SH!T. I checked my card balance & not only $7.95 taken out also $91.00 . I rang my bank ( WHICH BANK ) and told them the situation. The bank said they can retrieve the $91.00 because the debit was unauthorized . I HOPE THIS HELPS, ROB.