acai pure trial / charged 41.38, was only supposed to be charged 1.99 shipping

1 195 Buck TrailCanyon Lake, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 830-899-8533

I ordered a product that was supposed to be endorsed by
Oprah Winfrey, if in fact she does endorse the product she should check it out. It a scam.

The ad said try a sample of Acai Pure, free, only pay
shipping and handling on first bottle, but at once there
was a charge in the amount of 41.85 appeared on my
bank account.

I immediately called to tell them not to send anymore of
this product. Of course I don't know if it did any good,
this kind of thing causes people to not trust online
ordering.

This is false advertising.

Helen Sargent

More acai pure trial Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Di
      30th of Aug, 2008

You stopped me as I was just about to order this for 1.99 shipping. What a scam. I also found that the supposed "live agent" that is speaking to you gives only computer generated responses as she answered none of my questions appropriately. i think Oprah should know about this...

• Ki
      2nd of Sep, 2008
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals Inc
    12399 Belcher Road South
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: 800-692-8352
    centralcoastnutra.net

I only ordered the "Acai Pure Trial." I only authorized the shipping and handling PERIOD! Once I received my free trial they also included HOODIBURST GUM and HOODIAWATER. Who wants to pay $10.00 for a stinkin' pack of gum and $30.00 for HOODIAWATER. This company is dishonest in their practices.

• Di
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I ordered a product that was supposed to be endorsed by

I was charged 44.85 and my order only for the trial item included two more items which I did not order. When I call the company, (888) 692-8352, an anwer machine tells me that they will return my call. I have called them several times and get no response. I want to return the two items which I received and have my charge returned.

• Tw
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I wish I saw your emails before I ordered Acai Pure. The order confirmation was to arrive in an email but it never did. I was to be charged $1.99 for shipping and receive a 14 day trial. In order to not get any additional supply I needed to cancel within 14 days. I checked off both boxes (they sneak in extra products as your checking out so you must be careful) and was very irritated with a “virtual” agent.

The next day I did not receive an email confirmation so I called (888-692-8351) to find out where it was. They said it sometimes takes a while so I should give it another day.

On the third day I still did not receive an email so I called again. They said it sometimes get stuck in the “filter”. I checked the spam folder and other folders only to find nothing there. That’s when I started getting suspicious so I asked them what I was charged and they told me $44.85. I said why? They said because I checked the boxes to receive the other products but I didn’t. I unchecked them. I told them I didn’t want them but they said they were already shipped. I said I wanted to cancel any future orders and they said I can’t until I receive the order. I continued to ask them to cancel any future orders and they hung up on me. Extremely rude.

A week later I called Central Coast Nutracueticals to tell them I want to cancel the order because I returned the product. They hung up on me several times. I was left with no choice but to call my credit card company to dispute the charges.

• Th
      9th of Sep, 2008

i recieved products i did not order. i've tried to call but could not get a h0ld of anyone. i do not want to recieve any products from central coast nutraceuticals, inc. order number 1035354

• Ca
      12th of Sep, 2008

Thanks so much, you guys. I almost went through the order and got suspicious. I'm glad that I saw your complaint. They should stop doing this to people.

• De
      13th of Sep, 2008

I agree with most of you. I was charged for shipping and an additional 44.39. Customer service at this company is very un professional. They don;t return any phone calls or e-mails. Oprah should look into this copmany business practice which is horrible. I am going to spread the word as much as possible.

13th of Sep, 2008

I have also been scamed by this Acai Pure Free Trial. I was charged $44.95 for products I did not authorize for. It should of been $4.95 for shipping and handling. I agree that this is the worst scam on the web site. They are stealing from people to sell a product. I will be sure to tell everyone I know and send as many emails to stop others for making the same mistake. I'm sure they will still prey on others. If Grahm D Gibson is even a real person I hope that you will be forgiven.

19th of Sep, 2008

I, too, only ordered the trial size bottle for $1.95 and was charged $41.85 because they sent along wtih it the Hoodia gum and water that I specifically indicated I did not want. Customer service was no help--IF YOU CAN GET THROUGH TO THEM!!
    Now I am responsible for the postage to mail it back. This is a scam--do not get caught.

22nd of Sep, 2008

OK, I am a victim of the same scam. I just received my package on Friday. I have not opened it. I have called repeatedly with no response. Has anyone had any success with a refund of this product. I am totally frustrated. The total of $44.85 was debited from my checking account (was only supposed to be $4.95!).

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK??

• D
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Has anyone resolved a complaint with Central Coast Nutra (AcaiPure) yet. I have complained to the company via e-mail and on-line with no response.

24th of Sep, 2008

Have also ordered trial product which never arrived, and was charged for $41.85 for other products that I did not order. Customer service said his name was Cory and when I receive products just return unopened and call for a return. Can not get through to a person in 3 days. Called my credit card company and found out that I have been charged 3 x's in one day for the same product. Do not trust this company. Maybe Oprah should do better research on this product and company.

25th of Sep, 2008

Yes, a scam!! I too was charged $41.85 and received the gum and Hoodia water which I did not order. I'm sending it back and hoping for a credit to my account.

25th of Sep, 2008

I order the free trial at the shipping cost only. My credit card was bill for for $44.85. I called to ask why the additional charge, they said that I ordered it because "I did not unchecked boxes that they checked for my convenience." When I asked for the president of the company's name, A...n stated she could not give me that information. When I asked for her supervisor, she repeated "I can not give you that information." So, where do I go next. I will be sending back the items to the "Fulfillment Center" and be charged a "restocking fee" of %15 to the tune of about $11.00. Can you imagine the company earning $11.00 for evey order that is sent back for the items the company ordered for us. As A...n stated, this is a "legitimate business." I agree with the others, in my opinion, this is a scam and this is fraud.

25th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the trial bottle of Acai Pure Trial & was to pay the $4.95 shipping. Instead, I received a pack of Hoodia Gum for $9.95 & a bottle of Hoodiawater for $29.95, neither of which I ordered.

I sure hope that my credit card is credited for the $39.90 that I never should have been charged for.

Why doesn't Oprah get on this scam???

• Br
      27th of Sep, 2008
    acai pure trial - Charged for unwanted items
    Central Coast Nutraceuteicals, Inc.
    12399 Belcher Road South Suite 140
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: 1-888-692-8352
    acai-pure.com

I too was charged for items that I did not order from Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. I agree to a free trial of Acai Pure for shipping and handling $1.95. This was taken from my account on 9/08/08, and I just received that items (two of which I did not order) today, 9/27/08. I will contact my bank and have this stopped as well as contact the company.

• Kr
      28th of Sep, 2008
    central coast nutraceuticals, inc
    75 Independence way
    Cranston
    Rhode Island
    Phone: 401 383 5755
    support@centralcoastnutra.net

I sent for a free trial for $4.95 shipping only...I was then charged $39.95 (unauthorized) on my account and never recieved what they charged me for! My bank will now be notified that this is a fraud and not to authorize any other charges!

• El

I e-mail OPRA not to avertising for the product ACAIPURE
    pick scamp.hou can she has swindler on like this.

29th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the acaipure and was charged 44.95 and this month another credit card debit.I try to call the corporate office in arizona and there is only a voice message.It is a scam.Don't order from this website.It is such a scam.Will probably have to cancel my credit card to get them to stop billing me.I did talk to someone who said they would stop the credit card withdrawls but never did.

• Ms
      29th of Sep, 2008

How can one get intouch with this outfit. I too was only to pay 4.95 shipping and on my bill there is a charge for 44.85 dollars. Shame on oprah for promoting this.