Acai Pure / Overcharge

United States Review updated:
4.9
I ordered a trial of the ACAI pure, for $1.99 shipping. When it showed up on my checking account it was $41.85. This, I agree, seems like a scam and I want my money back. I don't care how much I may have liked the product, I would not order it again for fear of being screwed, yet again, by this company.
Pj

Comments

Jo
  1st of Sep, 2008
I also order the trial of the Acai Pure and was charged $44.95 have sent the product back to get a refund. Called the number on the bill and got a very rude man on the phone who said they would not refund the money. Wanted to try the product but very disappointed that I was lied to.
  12th of Sep, 2008
I'm another one who got scammed by this company. I told them I did not order the Hoodia gum or the little bottle of Hoodia waters, and the email response was: You have to opt out of these two items to keep from getting them!
Nowhere in this free trial, $3.95 shipping and handling offer is there a place to opt out.
I have been told that if you receive something you never ordered, you are under NO obligation to pay for it or spend postage to return it.
I am fighting this SCAM.
De
  12th of Sep, 2008
i also ordered a free trial for 1.95 shipping and was charged $41.85 and now I cannot get in contact with the company. They do not answer their phones or return my e-mails.
Di
  12th of Sep, 2008
Received in the mail one Hoodibust gum @ $9.95 Hoodiawater at 29.95 Shipping at 4.95... I did not order this put it back in the mail and do not want to see it on my credit card.
To
  13th of Sep, 2008
The ad is very clear people...read the terms and conditions and FAQs

13th of Sep, 2008
I ordered a free sample of acai pure and they told me I only had to pay shipping and handling charges. When I checked my credit card bill, it said that I owed $80.00. Didn't understand what was happening. I cancelled my credit card and don't trust to order again. There must be another way of ordering. They tricked me and that made me very upset.
St
  18th of Sep, 2008
If you notice when you hit proceed to check out... on the side there, you get a order of the hoodia water drops & gum. That is why it came to over $40 or more.

I too didn't read everything... but that is what I get. THat hoodia water works..
  18th of Sep, 2008
I too have been scammed. I was to receive a free sample for $1.95. Then was charged $41.95 and sent the two other products I didn't want, no place to opt out either. After many emails I was given an RMA but also an offer to keep the product for $15. and keep the product. I returned all the products...no refund and have been charged another $39.95 and no other shipment sent. I have been sending emails for a month. Now it is time to see a lawyer.
We
  20th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I too was scammed. 1.95 charge turned out to be - 41.95 on my charge but disputed it with my creditor and denied any and all charges from this company and requested a new credit card # so they could not use my numbers for anything else!! I was credited back my money but need to keep an eye on my statement to make sure there is no other charges! Never will I be scammed again!
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I too was scammed. Someone should contact Oprah Winfrey since they have her photo on their ad endorsing this product. I may take the initiative to do so myself.
Me
  22nd of Sep, 2008
Like the rest of you, I ordered the so called AcaiPure trial for only $1.95 shipping and handling and my account was charged $41.85. I never even received the product. I filed a complaint with the BBB and also my bank. As a safety precaution, I cancelled my credit card number and had a new one issued. I intend to file a class action suit. Would anyone like to join me? Companies like these scammers need to be shut down ASAP!
Jm
  22nd of Sep, 2008
All of you need to file a complaint with the FTC Consumer Protection agency at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov. I just did. This company, Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc., is practicing deceitful business tactics.

9/22/08 @ 10:14PM
Ma
  23rd of Sep, 2008
when u order it automatically adds the gum and the hoodia water to ur order but u can opt out of these by clicking on the do not send button
Ca
  23rd of Sep, 2008
i agree with all the complaints!!! False advertising and trickery to stick you with their product.
Lo
  23rd of Sep, 2008
Does anyone have the address for this cheap company? On my credit card, which they charged me 40.00 too much, it says AZ as the address. Plan on filing a class action law suit for this. False advertising and damages. Not fair to do this to honest people.
  24th of Sep, 2008
I received my "FREE" Acai Pure Trial shipment. I was charged not $4.80 but $14.95 for shipping. Furthermore I was charged $9.95 for some gum and $29.95 for 1 ounce of Hoodiawater drops, none of which I had ordered. My "FREE" trial of Acai Pure cost me a whopping $54.95 and it is my understanding they will continue to ship me these products unless I can somehow stop them.
Ki
  24th of Sep, 2008
I too wanted to try something new. I was really excited to think that Oprah has her pic by this product and is to endorse this product. I also think is a scam. I tryed the trail offer for a $1.00 for the Hoodia water and $1.00 for Acaipure plus s&h for a total of about $12.00. Then this morning to discover I am being charged $80.00. I called two times to speak with very rude people. They are totally unprofessional and lack customer service!!! I canceled my credit card. I now have to receive the product and pay to return it or I will not have proof with a tracking number that they received it back. I was also told I accepted and now have the membership and will likely have to pay for the $80.00 even if I return the product. This is Bull!! Something has to be done with companies who want to operate in this manner. It is true Fraud!
Just wanted people to beware!!! I am also turning this over to the BBB.
Ja
  24th of Sep, 2008
I ordered a 30 trial sample from this company which was to cost me $1.00 plus 4.95 for shipping and handling. When the package came, it had the trial plus Hoodiburst Gum and Hoodiawater for a total of 44.85. When I asked them about this they said apparently I checked the wrong item. I am pretty sure that I didn't. Also the trial was supposed to arrive in 2 - 3 working days and it took approximately 2 1/2 weeks.
When I tried to call many times, they were always busy, but left a message on their machine to use their email support@centralcoast nutra.net but this was not a working address. So I waited for quite some time to finally get through to a person to find out how to ship the product back. I was told that I can't do a return to sender because I wouldn't get credit for it. So I mailed it back to them at my own cost for postage of 4.75 today which is September 23. She told me that it had to be returned before the trial date was over in order to be refunded. The order date is shown as 9/6/08 so I am within the 30 day trial period. It also states that a return will be charge a 15% restocking charge of which she told me she would waive.
I have never had such trouble with anyone trying to return a product and am very unhappy with their business.
  24th of Sep, 2008
i was scammed as well i will have them shut down im contacting an attorney
Ro
  24th of Sep, 2008
It appears this company is located in AZ and shipping from FL .

File a complaint in your own state, in AZ http://www.azag.gov/consumer/OnlineInstructionsEng.html and in FL

File a chargeback with your credit card company. As a basic rule of thumb in my experience a company needs your signature to prove that you authorized the charge. Once they start going over 1% in chargebacks they will be risking their merchant account. This is the fastest, easiest, or most painless way to shut them down.

A lawyer? Please... where talking about a small amount of money here and if you tell them something like that you will sound like you don't actually know how to deal with them.