Acai Optimum / Overcharged

I was charged $79.98 after ordering a product that was only to be $4. I called the company to see about a refund but they did not even want to listen to my situation and just told me that it was not their problem. I understand that there is sometimes there are misunderstandings but most would feel that a company would help a person out instead of beating them down with their agreements. I will be calling my bank and have them help me work on this and also if I have to I will be getting a hold of my lawyer.

Vi

Comments

• Ca
      5th of Mar, 2010

Hello, I had the same experience. They ship you 30-day supply of pills -BUT YOU ONLY PAID FOR 14. This is their gimmick. Then you have 14 days to cancel. I canceled 16 days and WAS NOT EVEN TOLD TO RETURN THE PILLS. They didn't work and the bottle is in a drawer.

BEWARE - they get your credit car number and hook you in. The OPERATORS tell you there is nothing they can do - that's because they just DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD. I wonder how many complaints a day they get. We need all jump on board and report them. I'm checking out the Better Busines Bureau now!

• Te
      6th of Mar, 2010

California Girl2, you got out a little cheaper than I did. They got me for 98.78. I called last month because they had charged me $26 so I told them to cancel. When I called today the Operator said I had only canceled the journal subscription. They did not tell me anything about a subscription when I initially called and canceled. I have not received the pills yet. I asked if I could return the pills, (that is if I even get them) and get a refund the Operator said the pills were nonrefundable. California Girl2 you are so right about they get your credit card number and HOOK YOU IN. BEWARE!!!

• Ac
      14th of Apr, 2010

I'm sorry that you didn't understand the terms of the offer but it is very visible right on the order page and not hidden or misleading. I'm sure if you call customer support they will be happy to refund your purchase for you, or you can send an email along with a link to this page to support@acaioptimum.com

• Do
      1st of Jul, 2010

I hate them! I cancelled my order as it didn't agree with my body and made me sick. They took money from my account and then after contacting them they said they were going to refund me.
    I recently lost my card and was issued with a new that has a different number than the previous one.
    I have called them and emailed and have gotten no where!
    I just want to give them my new card details so they can refund me like they said they would.

They are completely incompetent!
    It's reallu upsetting me, it isn't hard to take my new number for the refund!
    ARGHH!

• Sd
      17th of Jul, 2010

This is a scam. I hope this saves someone the hassle I went through in trying to get my money refunded. I sent the 14-Day trial back within the 14 days, then I received 2 bottles the month after and was charged $99.00 and sent that back. NEVER did I receive a refund and I do not have any of their products. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

• Pe
      31st of Aug, 2010

I wish I had seen these comments before I ordered the trial, which customer service said was not available in my area. I was charged twice, 1st time $108.76 second time $109.76. Don't anyone else fall for their scam. Extremely PO'd.