Acai Noni slimming blend / impossible to find terms and conditions on site

0 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

The site offering the so called free trial makes it virtually impossible to even find the terms and conditions, so that consumers like me are likely to give up looking and take the free trial at face value, only to find out later, as I did, that you've signed up not only for future overpriced shipments of this product, but also for another company's plan that isn't mentioned anywhere on the original site at all. The site is covered in extremely bright, busy graphics, and the background is entirely a deep, dark purple, almost black, colour. When I first ordered, I looked for terms and conditions and couldn't find any at all. That should have been enough to alert me to a possible scam but it was Christmas and I guess I was just not feeling suspicious. After getting the second bottle, which I was sure I didn't order, I went back to the site, and eventually found a way to cancel the account. When I asked about a refund for the unused, unwanted bottle, I was given a number to call, but having read other complaints, I know I will not likely get any refund for it, and to cancel the other company I will have to go to them separately, and they won't refund me either. I then searched that website hard, looking for the terms and conditions, because if I had seen them the first time I would never ever have ordered anything at all. Finally I found them, at the very bottom, in a text colour so dark and so similar to the background colour on the page, that it's almost impossible to see. Depending on how the laptop screen is tilted, in many orientations it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish that text from the background. I believe this is absolutely deliberate, to make it so hard to find that people will just stop looking, like I did. I think this company should be prosecuted for fraud.
The URL for this website is as follows. http://secure1.healthierwaytogo.com/landings/newplanet/acai04/?caCode=acai13&p=0&caid=14558&cid1=0&cid2=1119&cid3=0&cid4=False&sid=&stID=73&new=1&misc3=3334#

Don't ever order anything from these people, it is a total scam, the product does not work and you will be out hundreds of dollars.

Comments

25th of Mar, 2009

ACAI NONI SLIMMING BLEND IS A COMPLETE SCAM. I TOO ORDERED THE "FREE TRIAL" APPARENTLY THE ONLY THING THAT IS FREE IS THE 14 DAY "PERIOD" NOT THE MERCHANDISE YOU GET. YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR ENTIRE BOTTLE $79.95 FOR THE 30 DAY SUPPLY BOTTLE SO NONE OF THE PILLS WERE FREE . YOU MUST CANCEL ON DAY 15 AND RETURN THE REST OF THE PILLS I GUESS. BUT I NEVER KNEW THIS BECAUSE IT DOESNT SAY THAT WHEN YOUR ORDERING YOUR "FREE TRIAL". THAT COMPANY AND ITS PRODUCT IS A JOKE AND A COMPLETE SCAM. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO ABOUT THESE THIEVES TO GET OUR MONEY BACK OR SHUT THEM DOWN