Acai Max Cleanse / Failed To Cancel Order

1 1307 Homeview DriveLouisville, KY, United States Review updated:

On 28 JAN 2010 I ordered Acai Max Cleanse and after it arrived I called to cancel on day 9. According to the terms of the order I had 10 days to cancel any additional orders. I was placed on hold for over 45 minutes. I hung up and called back at a later time. Again I was placed on hold and again I waited 45 minutes. I again hung up and called back at a later time, 5:45 PM. I was on hold till after 7:00 PM and then the phone announced that it was after 7:00 PM and all customer service agents had gone for the day. Had they taken my call that day I would have been able to cancel my order on time. I did get to talk to someone on the next day and they were supposed to cancel my subsequent orders but instead issued me a credit for $20.00 dollars off the next order. As it is, they allegedly sent me another order and ONLY charged me $67.47 due to the CREDIT. If you call [protected] or [protected] you have to listen to the blaring noise of a screaming Saxophone forever to get someone on the phone. I asked them for an address and they refused to give me one. All their banking is outside the USA and is in AG where ever that is. I think it might be Antigua. I just want my money back after the initial order and nothing else to do with them.

More Acai Max Cleanse Complaints & Reviews

Comments

25th of May, 2010

Acai Max Cleanse scam.

Report to FTC at www.FTC.gov

17th of Jun, 2010

They are a scam. They do not send emails that they say they will send, they do not tell you the bases of charges. They are, in very simple terms, crooks.

• Bl
      22nd of Jun, 2010

Acai Max Cleanse is a scam. I also got took by them. I never received an email after I ordered their product and did not receive the product so by the 9th day after ordering it I called to cancel, they said the product was on its way and they where sorry for the delay, and said they would give me 10 more days and asured me I would not be charged until the end of those extra 10 days in which I could cancel if I did not want to keep the product. They told me they would send me an email and again I never received one, in stead they charged my debit card the day I called to cancel, which was not in agreement of their terms of 10 days, and I still have not received any product, again I called them, told them they charged my account not in agreement with their terms and I wanted my money back and that I still have not receive any product. I was told it would take 10 to 15 days before they would return my money to my account. I told them I thought they were frauds and said I was going to turn them in as fraudulent. This time I got an email threatening me that they would put me on a fraud list with the internet, this is their threat: "If a customer charges a purchase back we will place their name, address, zip code, and credit card number into an Internet fraud database.. This also serves as a retraction of any actions initiated by you the customer that may lead to or is a potential chargeback. All sales and terms are final."" PLEASE DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY SPARE YOURSELF WHAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH. I don't know if I will ever get my money back and still have never received any product.

• Dl
      9th of Jul, 2010

I ordered Acai Max Cleanse and on day 9 of my trial my product had not arrived. I called customer service and obtained an additional 10 day trial and was assured that I would not be billed until the expiration of my trial. However 3 days later I was charged the $87.47 plus $2.62 international fee. When I called customer service again I had to repeatedly demand to speak with a supervisor. After about my 8th request to speak with a supervisor I was finally put through to the supervisor who informed me that I would be receiving my money back within 10-15 days it has now been 4 weeks and I have not received my money. I called again today and the representative told me that the request for refund had already been sent to their billing department and that he would send it again, because the refund has not been processed. When I asked to speak with the billing department directly he stated "They are not available at this time." This company is a scam and they have very bad customer service. Their product has no results and they have poor customer service. On top of all this they are based in France, so you are charged extra money for International Fees.

• Pv
      16th of Jul, 2010

What a scam I failed for. Yes, you do not get the e-mail as promised and the 11 day or so trial begins from the day you order. My bill for shipping came into my acct. on 7/1 and by the time I received the merchandise it was 7/9!!! Much to late to cancel. I was also told that I would receive e-mail re my complaint and of course that never happened.

• Pv
      16th of Jul, 2010

Does anyone know what state agency to report them to??

• Ab
      5th of Aug, 2010

i also fell for this scam. Only just recieved my product today (day 9) and i called up to cancel but the number isn't in service! does anyone have an e-mail address for them that i can use as i can't find one on the website and need to cancel my next shipment fast! please help!

• Vl
      8th of Aug, 2010

I have also been had. This is a scam. I am out of pocket $340.00Aus after 3 weeks of placing and order for the FREE TRIAL. Have closed my bank accounts, and just accepted the loss of this money. Please do not buy from this company/scam...they are simply low-lifes. Please make formal complaints to Fraud authorities everywhere you can and stop these [censor]. Dont be had like me and thousands of others. Exact products can be bought from your local pharmacy anyway...Do your research and Good luck to you.

9th of Aug, 2010
    acaimax - refund
    AcaiMax Cleanse

I have tried cancelling my order - it was a trial offer but they never provided a proper trial period as the product was not delivered until weeks after the trial period date. I tried to speak to a manager and after going through 3 girls, they left me on hold - I was on the call for 30 minutes - and 20 of those minutes were on hold. I have names of people I have spoken to there - Annie, Patricia, Ella, Camile and Jasmin. I have not received my credit back, not even the partial one they told me I would get and I am furious at this company and that they are allowed to do business as they do.

• Dl
      24th of Aug, 2010

You can file a complaint with the South East Florida Better Business Bureau at the URL listed below. They are listed as Dietmax Cleansed or Lean Body Burn. I submitted my complaint today. There have been 21 complaints since July 2010.

6th of Oct, 2010

Acai Max Cleanse. I attempted to cancel within the 10 day period as I had not received the product (AUS) and found that I was unable to get through to the Company on the various numbers. All email addresses bounced back. When I did get through they hung up on me. My credit card was charged the full amount on the day following the "supposed" shipment (and their postage costs). At this point I went searching and found these blogs. I have since spoken to people at this company on several occasions by getting through on the international numbers (which transfers to the USA in any event. One person advsied I would be refunded but I now realise this was just to get me off the phone. No confirmation was received as was advised. When I got through to them again someone else told me the information I had been given was incorrect and my cancellation of the order was outside of their 10 days which I dispute. This is a call centre at which they clearly have a script to read from which starts with "how can I give you excellent service today". They have advised me to return the product when it arrives and a refund would be given for the amount charged. Looking at these blogs I'm not waiting that long and have cancelled my c/c. They won't even confirm in writing that my order has been cancelled and I'm not prepared to "wait and see". The credit card company appears to be aware of this mob and will investigate and attempt to get a refund. I think cancelling the credit card is the only option to prevent further payments being taken. Thanks to DLChaney above for the link. I have seen blogs on many of those other products listed being a scam as well and all these being linked. I dare not leave my credit card in the hands of these people. The BBB link above is no longer accepting complaints - clearly been overwhelmed.

6th of Oct, 2010

This is the reply from the Attorney General that I received. Download from the links or pass to your credit card fraud. For those in Aus I have forwarded this to NAB during my discussions with them. There is a cease and desist order against this mob penalty of up to $5000 per breach. Hope the cc company lodges all the breaches!

6th of Oct, 2010

Sorry missed the attachment.
    The Cease & Desist Order barring XM Brands from doing business in this state is at: http://www.ag.nd.gov/CPAT/XMBrandsCeaseDesist.pdf, and the news release is at: http://www.ag.nd.gov/NewsReleases/2010/08-13-10.pdf.

I hope you find this information helpful in your efforts to reverse the charges to your credit card.

11th of Oct, 2010

I called and got a confirmation number. and was billed, credited, and rebilled??? Does anyone have any other ideas how to cancel this disaster?

• Ar
      14th of Oct, 2010
    Acai Max Cleanse - Acai Max Cleanse Trial Offer
    Acai Max Cleanse
    mydietmaxcleanse.com

On 9/23/10 I ordered my free trial. Was supposed to ship within 24 according to the web site. It didn't ship until 9/28/10. Since they didn't ship within the 24 hours, I called to see if they extend the trial period. They said no. I cancelled within the 10 days but they charged me an extra $1.49 for using the web site and they charged me the full price before my 10 days were up. Not a good company to do business with.

AW

• Wo
      14th of Oct, 2010

call 1-800-440-4397 and i did get someone with horrible communication skills but after she tried to sell me three times on more product and to offer me free shipping on all future orders she bedrudgingly said she'd send me a link via email to cancel my account. i was given a digital signature, customer service rep ID and a password to enter once this ermail link is recieved to process my request. We will see if I actually receive this email.

• Mi
      18th of Oct, 2010

I went to the web site, mydietmaxcleanse.com and decided to try their free sample. Not only did I not receive my free sample, I am now being charged for a monthly supply I am not receiving. While on the site that same day, I decided I didn't like the idea of a monthly shipment and hit the cancel button. When I called, they told me my order had shipped a month ago. So, I tracked it. Guess what, nothing found with that tracking number. I called back and told them that. They said to wait 3 to 5 days and I would receive my product. I told them I did not want it and to refund my credit card account. They said they could not do that because my 10 day trial period was up. I NEVER received a product!!! How can they do this? I canceled my transaction, they never sent a trial product, they are charging me for a monthly shipment of something I am not getting, they won't cancel my order, they won't refund my credit card and my credit card company says they can't help me. AAAHHHHHHH

Does anyone have any tips???

• As
      20th of Oct, 2010

Do not purchase this product!!! I ordered my free trial online on October 7th. I called them on October 12th because I still did not recieve the product. The sales rep informed me that it was shipped and that I should be recieving it soon, I asked him if the trial period would be extended due to me not recieving the product yet, and of course he said "no" and that my 10 day trial period ends on October 16th. I finally recieved my product on the 13th, and I tried it for 3 days, and nothing! Since October 16th was on a Saturday, and of course they are not open on the weekend, I called on Friday the 15th to cancel my free trial. The rep sent me a link via e-mail that I immediately had to click on and fill out the information then submit it to cancel my order. I complied with everything in the e-mail, and almost an hour after I submitted my cancellation I recieved a conformation e-mail that my account had been cancelled. Well, come Monday, the 18th, I look in my bank account, and they charged me $88.00!!! I called and asked why I had been charged, and the rep told me that I had not cancelled in time!!! She said that since I had called on Friday, it takes 24 hours to process my cancellation, and since they are closed on the weekend my account did not get cancelled until Monday! I asked to speak to her supervisor, and after some yelling (on my part), she finally transferred me. The supervisor told me that she would send my account to the billing department and that they would contact me in 10-15 business days! I am planning on sueing them for fraud if they do not refund my money!!!

• Je
      22nd of Oct, 2010

I cannot believed they are being allowed to get away with this. Is there nothing we can do? I do was sucked into the free trial (and feeling very stupid now), received no pills and have now been charged an extortionate amount of money and have been unsuccessful in speaking to anyone. I am so frustrated and angry

• Va
      25th of Oct, 2010

i stupidly applied for this offer and to date have not received the item and have been charged for the trial offer plus £50 and have not been able to contact the company on the numbers given, ended up having to cancel my bank card, wish i had read up on this company first, avoid this scam