Acai Diet Today 866 - 964 - 1011 / Unauthorized charges

1 KS, United States Review updated:

The number [protected] does work, they just put you on hold for a long time. The first time i called it put me on hold and then the sounded like someone answered but no one was there, so i hung up and tried again. This time i got through and then the guy told me that i was over the 14 day limit and it explains it all online which i did not see. Now i'm stuck paying for a $79 for something i only wanted to try, if you ask me they should send you a printout of the terms included in the package and not just some stupid thing online. So make sure that you read everything online before you order. This was my first time for this to happend and never again:)

Ly

Comments

• Ki
      13th of Feb, 2009

Thank you for your post. I did a search and found it and I was able to call. I didnt even read the fine print. Thank goodness I was within the 14 days. I called and spoke to someone within 1 minute and was able to easily cancel the program. I hate that you did not have such luck.

• Mi
      22nd of Feb, 2009

My debit card has been charged without my authority by ACAI yesterday. I called them just now and they finally cancel the order. Be careful to order free samples. Waster our time.

• Da
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I keep calling for the same rason, nobody answwers to the ather end!

• Ve
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Well I didnt even receive my free trial and they charged 78.81 dollars from my card. Where should I call to cancel? Since I didn't get anything I don't really know what to do is this the number? 866 964 1011?

Thanks

23rd of Feb, 2009

what number do i call?? i cant even find the website that i found it from ?

• Mv
      24th of Feb, 2009

Oh what a fraud!!! Bs@@!!!
    They said there was a disclaimer in a blue box on the website - nowhere does this say what you are supposed to do. I am reporting this to the bbb. No way would i have agreed to $79 for a product i wasn't sure about. Not only this but got a nsf fee because my account did not have enough to cover. Y limit and it explains it all online which i did not see. Now i'm stuck paying for a $79 for something i only wanted to try, if you ask me they should send you a printout of the terms included in the package and not just some stupid thing online. So make sure that you read everything online before you order. This was my first time for this to happen and never again:)

24th of Feb, 2009

Found this information on this website... and it's only part of it:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

24th of Feb, 2009

Whatever STate you got your product in, file charges with the Federal Trade Commission online

Just google... you can submit it on their website, much faster

They will help you out, also the Attorney Generals office online in that State

File charges with your credit card Company... close that card, you will see more unauthorized charges!

• Vd
      9th of Mar, 2009

I'm still on hold 11 minutes later. I used to work for an internet based company, and you can get out of the charges. Just refuse the product, and dispute with your credit card provider or bank. Make sure that when you refuse, you make a note of the postal tracking number. Then when you fight the charges, you have proof that you never accepted the product. I just got my cancellation complete. Did anyone have trouble with the charges still coming after cancellation?

• Me
      9th of Mar, 2009

I tried to call and cancel my trial period and they gave me the run around they told me that the confirmation # that i gave them belonged to someone else and to call back in two weeks to make sure that my information got in the computor. They then charged my account within 4 days.

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2009

i tried to call and cancel, the first time a woman ask me about my information then told it was not right then hang up my call. i was charged 78.81 us but exchange to canadian dollars is cad101 that is a scam, the second time i called i did reach a man then he said i can't cancel the shipping free just discount $60 usd but i still have to pay 18.81 usd . let's see they will refund my money back or not. but i'm really worry . i have learn a such lesson about that. never order anything on website again .

• Po
      13th of Mar, 2009

I've been sitting here for 2 hours now trying to call and cancel. The phone goes to some ### who says Hello, then nothing. WHAT A SCAM!

So then I tried to hit the #2 prompt, and the same ### answered that one and hung up. I then hit the #3 prompt, but now the ### will not even say Hello.

Bottom line - I believe this is a fly by night business, in a hotel room with a one line in 866#, and they get some ### to say Hello and then nothing else.

I wrote to them on their website. I did a screen print of my correspondence to them - I wrote 3 times to them telling them about the ### they have working for them. Next call will be to my credit card company to disallow any more charges to this FRAUD.

2nd of Apr, 2009

Hello. The 1011 number is correct.
    I found their FAQ page which states you can get a refund within 30 days, not 14:
    They seem to work with several different names. Here is their privacy policy address:
    I also found another link to their terms and another phone number and address:
    This link didn't get me to their site, but has the above links at the bottom:

Apparently THIS is the real site that sells it:
    and on this link from their site it tells you about the scams:
    -----------------

On the Acai Diet Today web site a little woman appears that you can't get rid of, talking about the product and she says all you pay is the $4.99 shipping. I didn't see anywhere about signing up for any program, so I ordered a "free trial bottle" and refused any other options offered that kept popping up in front of me.

I received the product and found out while looking at the label that they also put caffeine in it. Two weeks later they charged my account $78.81. I went to my bank and started a dispute. They had to cancel my debit card and I went home to call several online companies to change the payment info before they tried to charge my account (which was now in the red). There was also charged $2.36 international charge.

My Lifelock membership fee was coming due so I called them to change my banking info. The lady was really nice after I told her what happened and she even offered to call Acai in my behalf. Someone picked up right away (maybe because their caller ID showed it was Lifelock?). Anyway, I gave her permission to talk for me because I was too nervous.

The woman from acai (Laura) was rude and tried to intimidate me, but the Lifelock lady prepared me for that. Laura said that there was a link at the bottom of the page that I should have clicked on to read their terms. Well, if you have to click on a separate link at the bottom somewhere, and it's so small you can't tell what it is (and they know it), that is deceptive and sneaky.

Laura said they didn't do returns and then I started to read the confirmation email stating if you're not happy you can return it. She interrupted me and stated rudely that I must have read the terms if I knew about the return policy (as if I lied about not knowing). But I stayed calm and NICE and told Laura to quit getting angry and defensive and to let me answer her question! I said I was reading off my confirmation email. Then she reiterated about the terms on the bottom of the site. She also said that their policies had changed and their web site hadn't reflected them yet.

Laura said she could only refund me $60. because after all, I DID have the product and should have to pay for it. I wasn't going to argue with that because I DID use some of it. I figured I'd better quit while I was ahead. She said it would take 3-5 days to refund the money back into my account. At least I had the Lifelock lady there as my witness. She thanked Laura and we were done. I gave her permission to share my experience with others.

I called the bank back and told them what transpired and asked if they would also refund the $35. non-sufficient funds fee. This happened yesterday 4/1/09, so we'll see in a few days how it all works out. The bank lady said she will monitor the account every day to make sure they refund it. If they don't, then we're restart the dispute.

2nd of Apr, 2009

I found the site where I ordered mine from:

You have to get to it by clicking on a link on someone's web site.

------------------------

Here is part of their terms & conditions info:

Contacting Customer Care / Billing:
    You may contact our customer care department via postal mail, by using our online support system at www.getorderhelp.com, or by using our toll free phone number.

Toll Free Customer Care phone: 1-888-692-8352

AcaiPure Total Satisfaction Guarantee
    I understand that if you are not fully satisfied with future shipments of AcaiPure, you may return any unopened containers of AcaiPure within 30 days of receipt for a full refund less the $4.95 s/h charge and a 15% restocking fee.

Return Address:
    Fulfillment Center
    Attn: CCN Returns
    12399 Belcher Road South
    Suite 140
    Largo, FL 33773

I will be credited for each package I return less shipping and handling costs and a 15% restocking fee.

---------------------------------

I read several posts on the "REAL" site (listed in the above post by myself, AMF1) to use a pre-paid credit card. Only have enough on it to order what you want, and if they try to charge on it, nothing will be there to take.

I think that is the best idea yet.

2nd of Apr, 2009

Also, you can post your experience on the real AcaiBerrySite has a forum:
    I'm going to post one there as well.

• Ab
      10th of Apr, 2009

I ordered trial from acai m, when arrived to my mail box it was almost 12 days after I ordered them so I refused receiving the trials, several days later I received a $78.81 charg in my VISA account now this month another charge, this is a great scam and hope I receive a credit because the VISA will sue your company for FRAUD, if my account is not adjusted .
    ABDIEL FLYNN
    UNIT 9100 BOX 3261
    DPO AA 34002-3261

email. flynnco_@hotmail.com

• Ab

GREAT FRAUD

10th of Apr, 2009

ABDIEL, this board doesn't belong to the Acai company you bought from.

Did you call your VISA company and fill out a dispute form? If not, please do that. Tell them what happened and then ask them to change the number on your account. Otherwise, the Acai company will continue to charge your account.

Also, call the Acai company up and tell them you want a refund. Remember to stay CALM. If they say they don't do refunds, saying you knew what the terms were because there is a link at the bottom of the page you should have clicked on to read their terms.
    Well, if you don't know you're supposed to go all the way down there to click on it, you will never know it is there. That's how they get you.

Just stay calm and insist on a refund. Give them the order number so they can find you in the system. They will probably then say that they can ONLY give you $60. back because you still have the product.

I checked my bank account yesterday 4/10/09, and found that the bank DID refund the $35. insufficient funds fee, AND the $78.81. So, not only did I get ALL my money back, but I also got $60. back from the Acai company.
    I don't know if the bank will do a charge-back to Acai or not. But if they did, and Acai tries to charge my account again, they won't ever get any money because the account doesn't exist anymore.

One more thing...There are a number of SCAM Acai companies doing this. But there is a LEGITIMATE Acai company which I listed in one of my posts above. I believe they are the original, and do not charge your account unless you actually order more product yourself.

10th of Apr, 2009

"If they say they don't do refunds, ..."

Oops, sorry. I meant to say "If they say they don't do refunds, tell them it isn't true and insist on it".