Acai Berry Trial Offer / Unauthorized charges on my card

1 4650 SW51st St. Suite 711Davies Florida, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8012087485

These people have some f-ing nerve. All day long I've tried to figure out what this charge was. No one, of course, answers the toll free number that appears with the charge on your bank, nor do they even identify who they are when you call it. They just leave you on hold. I for one am going to be posting this on every consumer site out there. Very very bad biz practice.

Comments

• Ji
      14th of Oct, 2008

I have the same exact problem. I kept getting these small bottles of these pills and decided to check my credit card statement to see if I was charged any extra. Yep, the charge 0f $88.00 just like you said. There is no hope of getting them on the phone or the computer either. I tried to get my credit card company to refuse payment for this one merchant. We will see how this worked out. I will let the group know.

• Le
      14th of Oct, 2008

I had a similar situation a couple months back with this. I tried calling for days before I could get a hold of anyone to cancel before the trial period was up. It took them two days to answer my email requesting cancellation. I sent the email the last day possible to cancel because I was fed up trying to call. But because they didn't answer me for two days, they still sent me the charge of $88. I was pissed to say the least.

• La
      16th of Oct, 2008

I have the same problem. How in the heck did you get through? Any suggestions? I am getting fired up!

• Da
      24th of Oct, 2008

I am sooo opset about this Acai berry crap!! There is no way to get ahold of them. Does anyone know how to get ahold of them, or have you? What phone number did you use?? Is this legal for them to do this??
    Please advise...

• Da
      24th of Oct, 2008

What is the email address you used?

• Ke
      3rd of Nov, 2008

please help, ive also been scammed by this company. Can somebody tell me how to stop this???

• So
      30th of Jan, 2009

I have been scammed as well. I caught it early luckily because I used my bank card instead of a credit card, but I have cancelled the account so they cannot charge me for anything else. I just need to figure out if I should send back the product that they claim they are sending me or just keep it. The lady at the bank said I would have to request a check because the bank account is closed so even though I send back the product, they may keep it and not send me back money.

• Bl
      7th of Feb, 2009

I have gone through the same thing. I got the free trial and did not know I had to cancel otherwise I would be charged. Fair enough, that was my fault. But as soon as I realized I was charged I canceled and changed my credit card number. But it has been hell trying to get a hold of these people. And now two of their numbers which I had problems with don't even work AT ALL!! Now they have a new customer service number with a whole new company: Advanced Wellness Research.

Here's my problem. I can't get my money back from them ($89!) and they still haven't sent me my shipment!
    If I'm going to not get my money back I'm damn well going to get my product!! But I have received nothing.

I called the new customer service number and now no one can find me in the system by my number, name, e-mail or address. And yet they were still able to bill me.

I'm very upset and I'm fighting this tooth and nail until I either get my damn product or my money back.

THE ACAI BERRY FREE TRIAL IS A COMPLETE SCAM. I BELIEVE THIS IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!

• Al
      7th of Feb, 2009

You know, whats frustrating is that the trial was suppose to be a $5.95 charge for just shipping and handling and then you get 30 days to try the product. It was about a week and a half after I had put in the order that they took out the $88.00 and not the $5.95. The day I noticed the charges, I too tried contacting the company but has been unsuccessful. I'm wondering if enough people complain about this, hopefully some legal matter can be done. The price of $88.00 for each person that responded to these ads adds up to a whole LOT of money.

16th of Feb, 2009

I have also been scammed by this company. I have called, went to the live chat. I also sent to my bank to have these charges reversed, but so far nothing has been done or changed. Originally I thought this would be something that I would like to try, so mid December I ordered a trial supply. It finally came the end of January and that's when i saw that they were gonna ding my account each month...Gawd, that just freaked me out, so I called, which of course no one was there, so I went online to the live chat assistance and Andrew assured me that everything was cancelled, HA HA...guess what, the charges fo $90.39 were deducted from my bank account...now what?? I don't know where to go from here. I have contacted them again and again to which they are now saying they have no record of sending me anything...what a bunch of yahoos...so what's next??

• Br
      15th of Mar, 2009

I'm on the same boat! I got a call offering me a 2 month supply of both the acai berry supplement and the body flush supplement for $130. I told them it was a good offer but where money is tight, I couldn't afford it right now. SO what do they do?! Charge my accont anyway! And on top of that.. I've been keeping an eye out for it to show up in the mail for the past TWO week so I can send it back and get my money back..NOTHING! So they charge me $130 for absolutly NOTHING! I've tried calling MULTIPLE times, they either leave me on hold or whoever I talk to doesn't have any idea as to what to do so they tranfer me to an even more clueless [censored]. I'M SO FED UP! Lets put them out of business people!

• Os
      27th of May, 2009

I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR ALL OF YOU! : BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! REPORT THEIR PRACTICE AT YOUR LOCAL BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OFFICE AND THEY WILL BE INVESTIGATED AND PENALIZED...

From: Osiris, Puerto Rico

• Ha
      27th of Jul, 2009

About the only way to stop this is to change your card number. We got hit twice and put in a claim at the bank. We changed our card number and so far everything has been quiet. The bank wants statements regarding what happened, so we do some paperwork...

Moreno Valley CA

• Su
      28th of Jul, 2009

THIS IS A BULL ### SYSTEM. THE TRIAL IS FRAUD, THEY SUCK YOU IN THEN FAIL TO TELL YOU THE CHARGES GO UP AS THE PROCESS GOES ON. I TRIED TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT FOR MONTHS AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE ME A REFUND BECUASE IT WAS ALREADY SENT OUT, WHICH I NEVER GOT.
    I WOULD TELL ANYONE DO NOT DO THIS, ACIBERRY IS ###

• Mo
      20th of Aug, 2009

THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM I AM HAVING. NO ONE PICK UP THE PHONE AT THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER, YOU DON'T REICEVE THE PRODUCT, BUT STILL YET YOUR CREDIT CARD IS BEING CHARGE. THIS IS SOME B. S., PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY.

THIS IS A BIG SCAM,

• Ca
      27th of Aug, 2009

I didnt give you the right to charge my account . for $83.95 I dint like the ### and it didnt work so way would I order more. I want My money back . I see that many other people thinks it suck also.

15th of Feb, 2010

Please do not order any Acai Berry products from.
    P O Box 13579, Linlithgow, EH49 9AH, UK.They offer a free trial, which it isn't & they keep your card details & hit you with another bill 14 days later. They don't tell you this on the website...

Fortunately I used my bank card not a credit card so when I found this out & cancelled my card & had another re-issued. Very inconvenient & annoying.
    as a point of interest it is against the law for them to keep any type of card details on file so they are in breach of the "Data Protection Act" for starters!

• Il
      22nd of Dec, 2010

You people are idiots!!! You really didn't know what your were getting charged for?!?! Or are you just to embarrassed of your own stupidity to admit that you're a fat lazy piece of s*** who goes online and enters your credit card info without reading. Learn how to read and you won't get "scammed". It says right there when you purchase that it's a trial for xx days, then there will be a monthly charge. Go back to school, learn how to read, then you won't have these problems.

• Sh
      13th of Apr, 2011

How rude illmill. Hope you get done (in some shape or form). You probably work for them

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2011

I have experienced the same. I signed up to what I thought was a free trial, just p&p of £2.95. Received nothing, tried calling to cancel, been on phone for ages, number 20 something in queue forever. So I gave up. Then found out £126.94 has been taken from my account.

Illmill you ignorant [censored]r, I did read then decided to cancel but how can you cancel if you can not get in touch. I really hope something bad happens to you one day - karma! What do you do? Sit here getting a [censored]*g hard on reading other people's misfortunes? You need to get a personality you creep. What gives the right to call any of these people fat lazy pieces of s*** . Go [censored] yoursel[censored]