Acai Berry/total Cleanse / Product returned

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I asked for a free trial of the above products and foolishly used my Debit Card for the S&H. Subsequently I was billed two charges of $85. and $87.13. I called - told them I didn't want the product and had not ordered it and the $85.00 charge was reversed but two packages of product arrived later which I immediately returned. I didn't open them. I just maked them return to sender/did not order. On 1/30/09 a charge of $87.13 appeared on my bank statement for Colon Zen Loc. with a phone numer. That number when called results in a "no longer in service" response. I contacted AcaiNoni again and they said that that company advertised on their website but had nothing to do with them. I went to their Website and under "Double Diet" it refers to a colon cleansing product that should be taken with the Acai berry and ordered together. Recalled AcaiNoni and was still unsuccessful. I have now referred the matter to the fraud department at my bank.

Comments

• Di
      19th of Nov, 2008
    ACAI BERRY/TOTAL CLEANSE - UNABLE TO CANCEL ACCT
    ACAI BERRY/TOTAL CLEANSE
    LYNN
    Phone: 781-592-2731

UNABLE TO CANCEL ACCT/HAVE TRIED FOR 1 WEEK/I HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARDS TO STOP THEM FROM TAKING MY $$$ CONTINUOUSLY/ THIS CO SHOULD B OUT OF BSNSS/

• Bc
      4th of Dec, 2008

Total Clease is a scam as far as I see it. You most likely will not be able to contact anyone from this company. I tried calling to speak with someone for well over a month without success and the last time I called, the number was disconnected. You will need to go through your bank or credit card company in order to have your money returned. This will include steps that you need to take such as changing your card number, filling reports that must be notarized, and documenting detailed information about what happened from beginning to current events regarding your situation, and copies of anything that you may have received such as emails and what was in any packages that were sent. I have just gone through the process and my bank is investgating the company. The unauthorized amount of money taken has now been returned to my account and the company does not have my new card number. I have emailed a message to Oprah regarding this company using her name but have not received a reply. I certainly hope that she's not connected to the scam. Well, I guess that we must be more careful with whom we trust, right? Hope this helps. Also, you might want to check out [redacted].com before doing any other purchases.

5th of Dec, 2008

I have been trying to get ahold of total cleanse for a month and had filed a claim with my bank. I have been following the updates on this web page and finally got through to a number that was posted for the Acai Berry, who of course denied any affiliation, and complained to them until they gave me this number: 1-786-554-2446. It rang on the first try. I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes but did get through to them. I was very aggresive in communicating the steps I had already taken to block them from charging my account and would be continuing to do so. They did cancel my order and are issuing a credit. I did try the product I initially received and it made me sick. I experienced heart palpatations, nausia and headaches. I stopped taking it and was back to "normal" within a few days. I hope this helps someone.

• Pg
      10th of Mar, 2009
    ACAI BERRY/TOTAL CLEANSE - unauthorized/cc
    Total/Cleanse
    Kentucky

I have received several bottles of this type of product that was not ordered and called and called #'s all around the country to cancel and still am being charged shipping to my C.C. WHICH I have protested .the most recent really dont have a co. name the address is 1630 NW 82ND Ave, Miami, Fl.I have called this # 3 times and so far get what they call an operator and they tell you a customer rep. will return the call within 24 hours and 3 calls and no one has return yet and it has been 4 days.

• Pg
      10th of Mar, 2009

we HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS CO /NO RESPONSE AND DONT HAVE ANY IDEA WHY IT WAS SHIPPED WE NEVER ORDER ANY THING AND SO FAR HAVE RECEIVE AROUND 6-8 PKGS.

• Bu
      11th of Mar, 2009

It's called a hidden continuity scam:

Also report the scam to:

FTC