Acai Berry / Total Cleanse / Unauthorized Charges to Debit Card

Fullerton, CA, United States Review updated:
I asked for a free sample with a $5.95 shipping charge. The company charged my debit card a week later for $94.57 for 1bottle which I did not receive. And when I called to cancel, I received another bottle a month later for the same charge and got charged by another company, Total Cleanse, a sister company of White Tea for $87.35 for a product I did not receive. This is fraud! I complained to the bank and this is under investigation. I hope the government steps in and shuts these companies down.
D

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2008
I ordered the same "free trials" of both Acai Supreme and Total-Cleanse. When I read the "fine print" in the Policies section of the website, I saw that in order to avoid getting charged a monthly fee, I had to cancel within 15 days of my original order date. I received both free trials, called to cancel, and received a confirmation e-mail from the companies stating that my account would only be charged the $5.95 S&H. I am keeping an eye on my account to make sure I don't get charged any more money than that. If they do try and charge the account, I have the confirmation e-mail stating that I wouldn't be charged any more than the S&H to prove their mistake.

I guess you are doing all you can do right now by working with the bank and having them investigate the matter. I really hope this turns out in your favor and the matter gets resolved in a timely manner.
Su
  4th of Nov, 2008
I just tried ordering it and it said that it is not available in my region...i live in michigan, and i was wondering if it has done it to anyone else, cause i put my credit card info in and then it said it's not available in my region...I just want to make sure that my card is not going to be charged for something i havent ordered.Please if anyone has had the same problem, please let me know. Thank you!

~ Sunshine
Di
  4th of Nov, 2008
i am having the same problem to cancell my order does anyone have the correct number to call
  11th of Nov, 2008

Acai Berry / Total Cleanse - They won't let you cancel
ACAI BERRY & TOTAL CLEANSE
Davie

I did what they said: I canceled within the 14 and 15 day trial period but the ACAI berry took approx $80 from my account. Then they took $2.98 and said it was for some international tax but the fulfillment phone number was in Utah.

Now they have some company called PRICE LIMBO deducting $8.51 from my account and tell me I have to go online and deactivate my account with them. Who the heck is PRICE LIMBO????

I ended up closing my checking / debit account before Total Cleanse tried to deduct as well. I stopped that but I'm still out approximately $100.00. My bank is investigating it and I contacted the BBB.

Total Cleanse and Acai are both from the same company. One center is in Davie Florida and the other is in Utah. They are the same company and they use Oprah and Dr. Oz's likeness. I even sent Oprah a letter I was so mad.

I will never do anything OTHER than Paypal ever again. I feel so violated.

The best thing you can do is close your account and pray that the vultures never find you again.
St
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered the free sample and low and behold there is a charge for almost $90.00 on my account. I've been on hold now for about 20 minutes trying to complain and get my money back, but to much surprsie, no one will come to the phone! I'm so aggrevated! Has anyone had any luck? The number I called is 866-320-0038. I'm still on hold. Can they be reported to anyone to get these scams to stop?
St
  14th of Nov, 2008
I finally spoke with an agent after 27 minutes on hold. The agent not only informed me that they could not refund the money but that the trial is in fact only for 15 days and you will be paying for the other 15 which is amazingly $90.00. I informed the woman I was going to be filing fraudulant charges with my bank and would be recieving all money back. Although paniked, she still refused to help. So, I have filed and recieved all money back from my bank and they are also continuing an investigation on the company. The best advice I could give anyone at this point is to avoid the company all together and just file the complaint with your bank as soon as possible.
  17th of Nov, 2008
Same exact thing happened to me. I had to cancel my bank card right away. None of the phone numbers work. If you contact your band as soon as possible they can help get your money back.
Am
  18th of Nov, 2008

Acai Berry / Total Cleanse - Scam
134 NW 16th St, Suite 1
Boca Raton
Florida
Phone: Doesn't work

PLEASE dispute all charges that deal with the Acai Berry/Total Cleanse dietary pills...this is a fraudulant scam and they are listed on the fraud reports...so PLEASE contact your bank/credit cards companies and dispute these charges before its too late...Wanted to try the diet but not be apart of a fraudulant scam!
La
  20th of Nov, 2008
this is a TOTAL SCAM DO NOT ORDER total cleanse!!!
Ch
  20th of Nov, 2008
I can't even call the number 866-320-0038... it's telling me it's an invalid number. I can't even attempt to cancel the order.

Can anyone tell me what they told their bank when filing the complaint. I am terrified right now about getting all these charges.

Thanks
Fe
  2nd of Jan, 2009

Fullfillment Total Clense / Acaiberry - They won't let you cancel
Fullfillment
4850 SW 51st ST Bay 711
Davie
Florida
Phone: WISH I KNEW!!!!!!!!

Charged 89. 91 and 29. 95 unauthorized and all bogus numbers not a one worked!
Jo
  13th of Jan, 2009
The same thing happened to me I ordered the trials for the berry and colon XR and was charged full amount, i've been assured by two representatives that the charges would be removed but they haven't. I will be contacting my bank about fraudulent charges.

Jo Ann
Po
  26th of Feb, 2009

Acai Berry / Total Cleanse - Scam

To all of you who cannot reach these two scam artists ! Here are some other numbers that you may try. Natures Acai Berry 800-983-7968.
I bet you didn't realize that when you bought the trial you were signed up for Fit Factory Bonus and Cost Smashers Bonus along with the Acai Berry. Here are a few more numbers for the Total Cleanse, it comes from South Florida Nutrition. 866-320-0038, 786-554-2446, 866-950-6355. I got through on the 786-554-2446 number. I hope you all get them !! I myself have demanded my money back and I will file charges.