Acai Berry Supreme / Charging for product

134 NW 16th Street Suite 1Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1866-039-4832

I purchased a trial for 5.95. It states that they will charge 88.00 after 15 days. I bought it on September 26th and on Oct 6th they withdrew 88.00. They also sent me-without my asking a bottle of "Total Cleanse" and said if I did not send it back they will charge 78.00 to my account. So, it is not a "Free Trial" and they take the money faster than you can send anything back. I have sat on the phone for over 2 hours on hold at a time with their customer service number.
Jo

Comments

Gi
  8th of Oct, 2008
I received my trail order of Acai Berry Supreme and keep trying to cancel my order before my 15 days expire. When I try to call the 1-866-938-4832 number I always get disconnected before the phone even rings.

Do not trust this company and what do I need to do to solve the problem?
Lo
I had the same problem!

I ordered the Acai Berry Supreme trial on Sept. 24th, and today there is a charge going through my account! I have been trying to reach their customer service line, but have sat on hold for way too long. I am trying to call again right now, and it won't even connect me!!!

Any ideas? I am calling my bank and explaining to them what is going on, but how the heck are you supposed to cancel it? I think this is a horrid scam...
  8th of Oct, 2008
I also had this happen to me with this company. You get disconnected most of the time and if you do happen to get through you will sit on hold for over an hour. I finally got through to someone and they said they would cancel my order but he said didn't have a confirmation number for me. He said i'd get an email, which never came. I called back the next day and sat on hold for another hour and ended up speaking with the same guy, ADAM. He finally sent the email saying that my order was cancelled. Hopefully I won't be charged... but i'm not holding my breath.
Va
  9th of Oct, 2008
I need to get a hold of someone for this damn thing.. can anyone tell me how to cancel my order, the number they gave keeps hanging up before it even rings... the lady that got adam can you tell me what number you called!!! please thank you
Ro
  9th of Oct, 2008
I am having the same problem. It had been 14 days and I can not get through to anyone to cancel my order. No one will answer the phone and on day 12 they withdrew the money from my account.
If anyone can give me advice on how to get through, I would greatly appreciate this.
Je
  10th of Oct, 2008
i am having the same problem and i am PISSED! if anyone got through can you please send me the # you called?? thank you!!
Ro
  11th of Oct, 2008
Call the Attorney General in your state to expose this scam! I was sucked in as well and cant reach the company to cancel my order. i am going to my bank to put a stop payment on the company.
  13th of Oct, 2008
IM PISSED OFF! I ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL...AND WHEN I PUT MY CRAD INFO AND PRESS THE RUSHH BUTTON I DO NOT EVEN GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER OR AN EMAIL. AFTER THAT I FELT IT WAS KINDA PHISHY!!! I TRIED CALLING THE NUMBER AND NOONE EVER PICKS UP..I NEED TO CANCEL ASAP...DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!
  13th of Oct, 2008
and oh yeah..I would like to know they got my checking card info and when I clicked the rush button what popped up was the date my trial was going to come. On the top of the page shows a line of shipping address, address verification and confirmation...when I clicked it was still at the shipping adress...did it go through? Did it process?
La
  15th of Oct, 2008
Hey so like everyone else I've had the same problem with this product. i ordered it on the faster shipping option so I was suppose to receive in in 1-5 days. Well after 4 days I figured I would call, of course it would be dead silence and the call ended usually around 12-14 seconds. So I waited and since today would be the 7th day I finally started to google acai berry supreme scams and came to this page. Seeing how they charge you before you even test the product I was more willing now to cancel the account asap. So I called again and the dead silence happened for about 6 calls, on the 7th call it started to ring. I was on hold for about 30 minutes with "Tony" ( i dont think this was his real name since he hesitated to give it to me when i asked for it, lol) I asked where my order was, he looked up the number and started apologizing and said it was never ship! So after he said it will ship today, I told him I would like to cancel the account after reading the complaints on this side. There was some debating from him about how they don't charge people til the end of the 15 day trial and I told him I strongly disagree and would like the account cancelled. So in the end apparently I will still be getting my 2 free bottles (acai&colon) and I should be receiving an email stating that my account has been cancelled. He says the only thing that should show up on my bank statement is the shipping cost I paid. If I don't receive the cancellation email today, I will probably repeat this process sometime tomorrow around this time. I hope my experience will be able to help anyone still trying their best to get in touch with this company.
To
  15th of Oct, 2008
I noticed the charge on my bank statement and a number beside it, of course when you call the number it says the box is full and no one is answering the damn phone. I try to call the billing department, to no avail, no answer. I have printed off your complaints as well and I'm going to the bank first thing in the morning, before they hit me for that total cleanse, i never ask for.
Ha
  16th of Oct, 2008
I'm facing the same problem. The phone just disconnects even before ringing. They sent me total cleanse even though I didn't ask for it. And now the trial period is going to end but I can't cancel it because the phone doesn't work! Help !!
Dc
  16th of Oct, 2008
I've been trying to call for two days, when I use my cell phone, it immediatly disconnects. The landline connects, but I am left on hold forever. The recording keeps telling me I can use the online chat feature for most customer service issues and when I finally found a website with the online chat, I realized I was not chatting with a person, but with a computer program that is searching for keywords in order to answer what must be common questions. I was never allowed to cancel my membership with this online chat agent. I got Ashley and Kelly as my chat agents. Sadly, I've had to cancel all my banking information to avoid being scammed by all this, and that cost me 13 dollars in replacement fees, which is much better than the 80+ that these people are going to charge. I also strongly suggest that other people notify the celebrities that are being used on the website promoting these products. As individuals, we are small, as a group we are large.

Additionally, did anyone actually receive the product? Did you take it, and did it do anything? As the company itself appears to be a scam, I am scared to take the product now.
Sh
  17th of Oct, 2008
I, like almost everybody else, was scammed by this company. I did not see the cancellation clause. When I called, I was met with a stone wall. Can't we do something? What about a class action suit or a FCC complaint? I feel so cheated. When did we get to the place of plain old fraud in dealing with companies. Can't we trust anymore? I do not plan to let this rest. I will contact Oprah, Rachel, the FCC, the USPS and anybody else that can possibly save someone else from being scammed by this "company". I am so mad right now I could spit. I'm retired and I don't have money to waste on scams. They ought to be ashamed...in talking to them there was absolutely no regret or empathy. It was made out to the point "you should have read the tiny print." WHAT CAN WE DO?
Me
  20th of Oct, 2008
I ordered the product and requested express shipping. After waiting for over a week I realized something was not right, I had not received the trial order. I started researching the product and knew I had to reach the company to cancel my order which I never received in the first place. Like everyone else I would get disconnected but hang in there...it took me approx. 20 calls and I was able to make a connection. Was on hold for about 20 minutes...again hang in there! I reached a person named Robbie and she did cancel BOTH orders (Acai & Cleanse)...an email confirmation was received for proof. Good Luck and just be patient.
  20th of Oct, 2008
I was having the same problem! I paid the extra 9.95 to have it shipped in 1-5 business days...then 9 days later...nothing! I searched the internet and found this page. I called and it hung up on me about 10 times, then the 11th time I finally got through and waited on hold for 20 minutes, then finally talked to some guy. He told me my order wasnt shipped and it would be shipped today, and that my free trial didnt start until it was shipped. I told him forget it just cancel everything because it was hard enough to get in contact with them the first time I wanted to cancel! He said I would get an email. What a scam!!!
Br
  20th of Oct, 2008
What is the correct number to call and cancel? I have been researching this online and have seen a few different numbers - none of which work! Thank you.
As
  20th of Oct, 2008
same thing happend to me!!!
Sh
  21st of Oct, 2008
I think i may have the solution to your problem!!!
I also ordered the extreme acai berry pills and JUST successfully cancelled my order!

The number i phoned was 1-877-350-8480

*mind you i did have to put my phone on speaker and listen to the ridculous elevator music for 20 minutes or so. AND they will try to keep your business by adding another product and extending your trail period. I do reccomend you say no!

Also!! Very important !!
Extreme Acai Berry MAY SELL OR TRANSFER INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY PURPOSE IN Extreme Acai Berry'S SOLE DISCRETION.

If you do not wish us to use personal information about you to promote or sell our products and services or to sell, transer or otherwise provide personal information about you to third parties, please inform us by contacting customer service at 1-801-208-7485 and we will certainly honor your request.

I hope this help you all! Now lets all learn from this and NEVER give out our credit card number to some scam of a diet product!
Sa
  22nd of Oct, 2008
i sure wish i had seen this page before ordering. luckily i used a regular credit card instead of a debit so i can work with my bank to cancel it. i feel cheated already... will come back to advise of my experience...