Acai Berry Power 500 / Cancellation

1 Mortdale, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

I have ordered free trial and as soon as the order has been processed, the terms appeared saying that after 14 days i will be charged $89+. Which i have not authorised a direct debit for.

I have tried calling a few times but have been unable to get through.

I dont want to be charged $89+ and would like to cancel but seems as though i am backed to the corner with this one.

Le

Comments

• Da
      14th of Oct, 2008
    Acai Berry Power 500 - Very difficult to cancel order and no &terms and conditions& stated during ordering process
    Extreme Acaiberry
    4650 SW 51st Street
    Davie
    Florida
    Phone: 1-877-350-8480
    extremeacaiberry.com

After I received a sample of a product I ordered online called Acai Berry Power 500, (which I had to pick up at the post office the next day after the first delivery attempt since it was too large to fit through my business mail slot when my store was closed) the company included a note with the product which said that 14 days after my sample order had been placed, they would charge the amount for a 31 day supply (approximately $90) to my payment method and send me more product if I didnt cancel my order by phone. THAT MESSAGE WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ORDERING PROCESS I WENT THROUGH ONLINE. I tried AND TRIED to cancel the order SEVERAL TIMES by phone without success because the line was always either busy or if I did get through a recorded message always said the same thing "there's a wait time of approximately 23 minutes". I SMELLED THE STRONG STENCH OF A SCAM. I received my sample which was charged to my debit card in the amount of 3.95. Once I got the note that came with it, in addition to trying to contact the company by phone, I also tried finding a way to cancel the order online but there didn't seem to be any way to do that either. What I did find was their "Terms and Conditions" AFTER I had already placed the sample order.

I was able to FINALLY get through to their customer service department after 3 days of trying. The person I spoke with was attempting to talk me into allowing her to send me another bottle with another 14 day supply. I told her I wasn't interested in that because it was so difficult to get through to someone to cancel this order, so she did say she cancelled my order on my request and gave me a cancellation number. HOPEFULLY that is the end of this story. I don't know if the product even works or not because it was such a hassle and bad experience due to their bad business practices.

15th of Oct, 2008

The address listed for this company according to www.WhitePages.com belongs to a Subway Restaurant. I am on the phone right now with my credit card company trying to get them to help me. The customer service line for Acai is busy..go figure!

15th of Oct, 2008

They will send you a free sample and then unable you to cancel. They will charge your credit card unless you cancel, oh yeah did I mention you can't cancel, they do not aswer the phone and there is no email address, no way to contact them. I called during the day and at night and was put on hold by a recording for 29 minutes and then they hung up. They will charge your credit card every 31 days $89.31 unless you cancel. Oh yeah you still can't cancel, there is no way to contact them. There is an 877 number but no one will answer. You only have 14 days to cancel, (from the date ordered) which it takes 12 days to get to you so good luck canceling within 14 days, because you can't and they've got your credit card number. Yes now I need to cancel my credit card to get away from this scam. It is a lot of trouble and a lot of stress just trying to do something good for your body. Do not order this or you will be in the same situation I'm in.

• Lu
      16th of Oct, 2008

OMG i knowww.. can you please give me the number you called in with until you got a hold of them?

16th of Oct, 2008

i'm in the same predicament. can anybody tell us how to cancel? please!

17th of Oct, 2008

strongly agree with you!!!
    They do have tems but it is stated small in size and I had to scrool down to the
    end which they state the most important things!

Not fair at all.

I called them early in the morning when the customer cervise should be starting,
    but they put me on hold..What is this?

I'd rather be fat if it is this hard
    I can't believe I was fooled by ASAI BERRY!
    I'd rather have BELLY seriously.

17th of Oct, 2008

I am literally sitting on the phone right now. The problem is they have already charged my account the 89.00 and it is going to send me into overdraft. I have been trying to call them to cancel this crap, but its either busy or the automated guy says to hold on and it just cuts out or you get the endless symphony. I tried looking online for a way to do it on here but, nada, zero, zip. I have called my bank and let them know about it. The weird thing is, I have only had this bottle in my possession for less than a week. It took them long enough to deliver and then they let you know two days after getting it the trial STARTS when you order it. wtf! So mad right now.

• Ka
      20th of Oct, 2008

Same thing is happening to me right now...except I am trying to call 1-888-582-8080 (that is what the rep gave me for a phone #. The line goes dead. So does the other phone # 1-866-938-4832. Good luck...I don't know what to do. I have called my bank...It put me into overdraft also...but I got nailed with almost $200.00 in charges. BEWARE!

• Ka
      20th of Oct, 2008

I have Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bereau and they are following up on it for me. This is the best way to document this and help others in the future.

20th of Oct, 2008

I also have been having the same prob. I got it in the mail with the letter saying that they would charge me 14 days from the day it hit the bank. Once I got it it had already been 10 days that it had been in the bank. Today witch is the 12 day I had been calling them like CRAZY and not getting anyone or it hangs up on you!!! I got on the internet and tryed to see if there was any way else to cancle. I had NO luck but then I found this blog. I'm so glad to here that ya'll were having the same prob. (just knowing that I was not the only one not having luck). Today I prob. called them maybe 20 times and yeah it's NOT toll free! But got through almost 30mins after being on hold. Once I got on the phone with someone it was so loud in the background that you can't hear them, and then they complain that they can't hear you. When she give me the cancle number it was like 3 diff. people were talking to me all at one time (very hard to hear). I sure hope people read this before doing anything. I don't know about ya'll but I have not noticed a diff. ever since I started taking it. But I also did another free sample of a diff. acai berry and they have great customer service. I have not yet started taking this one yet so I don't know how it works but you can order it over the phone 877-317-0189 God luck everyone hope everything works out for all of us!

• Me
      21st of Oct, 2008

I just received my trial bottle in the mail a few days ago and I am kinda skeptical to start taking it since there were no clear instructions on taking it. I mean I want to know what I can/can't eat while taking it, etc. I was shocked to come across these complaints while searching. The only thing I have noticed that was weird is that they say it is a 2 week trial supply, and you are supposed to take 2 pills before each meal, but there are only 15 pills. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but the bottle would almost be gone in 2 days if you ate 3 meals a day. I would just like to ask all of you why you are trying to cancel your orders? Did the product NOT work for you? I am fine with being automatically charged every month as long as the product works, I mean afterall, I knew it wasn't going to be free to continue with the program. Please help me clear this up! I was really excited to start losing 40 lbs. But, now I am second guessing.

• Nk
      21st of Oct, 2008
    Acai Berry Power 500 - getting charged, never rec. product, unable to contact thru number given
    acai berry
    19953 conant
    Detroit
    Michigan
    Phone: 734-558-2465
    extremeacaiberry.com

Ordered product, never receive it. Tried to contact company and was given # of 877-350-8480 however continues to be busy. I feel my credit card is in trouble because of this company will be billing for something that I never received and I can not get in touch with them.

22nd of Oct, 2008

I ordered this on impulse when I got a "mommy you're getting fat"comment from my 6 year old. I was sort of distressed and didnt bother looking a the terms of service.

I ordered it about a week ago, tho I have not received my free trial, after the research and complaints I have read, I quickly called and cancelled my order. Like stated before, I have no problem paying the monthly fee for the program, but they are so hard to get ahold of, I find it hardly worth the hassle.

I did get ahold of them after trying about 10 different numbers and being on hold for about 20 min. She did offer another 14 day sample and a 7 day extension on it. I refused due to how hard it was to reach them, and made them aware of the complaints they were receiving and thats why I was cancelling. Also said after I tried my trial and if I liked it i would reactivate my account.

I hope it works, but quick fixes usually don't.

Hope everyone works out their issues with this company..

• Aa
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Can you please tell me all the numbers that you have tried to call to cancel the order?? I have tried 1-377-350-8480 number so many times. They were either busy or got into the automatic voice mail, but was not connected to the representative!! Which number did u try and was successful???
    Thanks.

23rd of Oct, 2008

I don't remember what one of the two I got ahold of them with. I still have 2 numbers in my call log, so I imagine it's one of these two.

801-208-7490 <- Pretty sure its this one tho.
    801-208-7485

Good luck, and be prepared to wait at the least 20 min.

• My
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I'm so pist.. It's been the 4th day I'd tried calling them cause right after when I asked how much the diet pills are really on Answers!yahoo.com, they say that the company charges over 80 bucks a month. GOsH.. stupid customer service. This is crap. SERiously what number is to cancell this damn thing??? The only one I tried was 18773508480 and now they say that this number isn't unassign..

• My
    Acai Berry Power 500 - Cancellation of order is hard
    Acai Berry Power 500
    4650 SW 51st Street
    Davie
    Florida
    Phone: 1-877-350-8480
    extremeacaiberry.com

the web site offer a trial of diet pills which are acai berry and it's only 3.95 for 14 days. What we might not have known was that after the 14th day, they automatically charge your credit card about 89 dollars monthly. I'd tried calling the number I'd gave above but the number is either un assign, doesn't work, or they want me to try again. I think that they just want our money. I'd also recently send them a letter and hopefully they call by the end of the month but I highly doubt it. If I known something was this bad, I'm never going to buy anything online. I looked up the area at mapquest.com and it seems to me as if the business is a home and not a building. Please help.

27th of Oct, 2008

Well, i have yet to receive my order which was ordered almost a month ago and am a little annoyed about it. I will try to call again during business hours but after reading all of the complaints, am fearful that I will likely run into some problems. Will keep the blog apprised.

• Ra
      27th of Oct, 2008

I ordered this product at the beginning of this month, and it still has not come in. I finally started calling all these numbers and nothing, i finally got a hold of someone at 1-877-350-8480. I was on hold for 30 minutes before anyone answered. The man tried extending my trail period because I had not recived my trail product. I would not, he gave me a cancelation number, and i am goin to keep it with my reciept that i printed off the day i had ordered this product. Trust me have I learned about watching what I order off the internet. I even called my bank to put a block on there, and they could not do it, they said if it does charge, I can dispute it. So hopefully everything is ok now!!!
    Good luck the number I called was 1-877-350-8480. I took all day calling to get through without the line being busy.

Acai Berry Power 500 - Cancellation is a joke
    Cohoes
    New York

I decided to take a chance on a free trial offer for this Acai Berry Diet pill. I got the pills and looked at the little piece of paper that came in the package. It said that if I do not cancel within 14-days, I will be charged over 89 dollars a month.

I called the number immediately and it was busy the first 20 times I called. After finally getting through I was on hold for around 40min (I do not give up easily). Then some guy picked up and asked for my name and billing information. Before I could even finish giving my name and address, she said okay it is canceled. HE DID NOT EVEN LISTEN TO WHAT I WAS SAYING!!!How could he possibly have taking my card off. That was a complete scam and I am afraid my card will still be charged every month.

DO NOT TRY IT!!!

Jade

P.S. I think that what is in the bottle is children's chewable tylenol