Acai berry / customer service over charging my credit card

1 Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-523-0188

OK I can ramble but I will try and get to the point. I filed complaints with both the Better Buisness Beau and the Federal Trade Commission about this company.

First lets start with what they are.. This is a company that relies on their terms and conditions to charge you crazy amount of money for some miracle pills that may or may not work.

Well I read the terms and conditions I was supposed to get charged 4.99 for shipping only and after 14 days I would get charged 78.81 ok fine; if the pills worked it’s worth 78.81 Right?

Well I was charged 78.81 and 4.99 day of my order. Then I called the so called “Customer Service Dept” That’s a complaint in its own right. But I am not going to go on about how poorly their customer service handles things, because if they handled it appropriately I would not be here telling you about it. Either way it ended in a screaming match. So they decided to block my number from calling the call center… hehehe… So I started sending e-mails to any and every department I could.

Well long story short I get a bogus e-mail saying oh we just authorized your card we didn’t charge it either way you only had authorization to charge my card or authorize 4.99 until the 14th day of my trial period. “READ YOOUR OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS” none the less the funds are still pending. I’m sure I will get my money back but it’s not the point. I got talked to like I was the dumb one who didn’t read the terms and conditions. Example; when I obviously with anger explained to the supposed supervisor this was my debit card not a credit card and to refund the pending charge of 78.81 because it holds up my funds. I was told by a supervisor mind you. “Don’t order things you can’t afford”. How’s that for customer service.

I say anyone who has an issue with this company PLEASE file a complaint with either the BBB or the FTC.

Don’t order ACAI berry 500

Thanks

Shannon Ortner

Comments

Jo
  1st of Dec, 2008

Where did you get the email address?

An
  27th of Feb, 2009

I DID A smart thing I ordered it not trusting from the beginning so I put it on a gift mastercard with a limit of 25 dollars and this card is not a reloadable card so if they try to put anything on it they get the Berries if you know what I mean..
I have a simple solution for people who order things like this buy a mastercard or visa card from your local Cvs store or Walgreens purchase it for about 25 or up to 50 only, it costs 3.95. its worth it when they try to charge more to you they get stiffed..you need to be ahead of the game you can get your order and they cant bill you over and over..

Try it, its legal and they get stiffed not you.
Angela

Cr
  25th of Mar, 2009

Read the terms and conditions!!! I did not and got screwed. I ordered my trial bottle for $4.99 and assumed it was to try the product and then I had the option to order more... no mam... that is not the case. my original order was on 02/18/09 and on 03/12/09 I was billed $79.44 and again on 03/23/09 for $84.47, making it a total of $163.91. what the hell... I have 1 bottle of pills to account for and it cost me way more than any idiot would pay for. I have not yet tried the acai berry pills because I ordered (removyl) and love it! if you just absolutely can't imagine not taking these pills, then order them but please learn from my mistake and pay attention to what I call a scam.

Cr
  25th of Mar, 2009

I got ripped off... it's a scam... don't order them. you can go to your local health store and buy any form of detox and pay a lot less than what they want to charge.

Ka
  6th of Apr, 2009

Please read the terms and conditions. this whole "free trial" thing is a scam in the first place. I put my order in for my free trial paying 4.99 for shipping and 2 months later I looked at my checking account transactions and they took a total of 179.99 out of my debit card. I then contacted their customer service and they said that I neglected to confirm an email that they add sent there for there was nothing they could do about the money that they took out of my checking account. oh yeah did I mention I only received that one bottle of "pure acai berry". what a * scam. do not ever do these free trials. guaranteed there are better products out there and they won't rip you off!!!

Do
  22nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

what is the customer service number?

Bo
  16th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have also been stuck by this company or companies! I e-mailed one on them and they sent me an e-mail back that I was one day too late to cancel! in other words... are they telling me that I have to purchase their products the rest of my life?! I think that that is what it comes to! I found that one of them (I am getting the three products; acai berry, pure cleanse and green tea weight loss. I notice that all of these things come from different locations, and have different companies listed on the return addresses! these products may actually work, however one has to be skepticle of a company or companies that have such business practices!! if that is the way that they do business with their customers... what scrupples (or lack, there of) do they have as to the quality and purity and cleanliness of their products? is there anyone out there to help us? hasn't any tv reporter gotten wind of this and done an investigative expos`e on this?! good subject matter! help, please help!
bobbi

Ba
  28th of Sep, 2009

Hello to all you people who order from this company. don't they r the biggest rip off company I have ever dealt with. about two months ago I was on computer and saw this add for acai berry detox for.99 cents then stupid me goes ahead and puts my credit card no and the woman comes on to say oh u must get this and that I stood aguing with her for 25 mins saying I don't want this and that and to cancel the order, well next thing I no they charged my account not once but twice for 164.62 cents. so I have been trying to call this company for well over a month and they refuse to answer the phone gee I wonder y. so now I put it into motion and I am letting my bank take care of the matter they told me that it is a fraudulant charge that they made and they r putting a stop on any more charges from that company. and now it is in the hands of a lawyer. don't let these theives take u for granted. fight back. now I finally get hold of someone named william smith which will be false because this idiot can't even speak right. told me that they have no record of my name or account so y r they charging my visa card if there is no record. you tell me. please be careful with this company never ever give them your credit card no. my name is barbara grimm

De
  9th of Apr, 2010

I agree completely!!!

I ordered the product but didn't think to read the fine print but since I had a 20 day free trial and didn't feel the product was doing the job or worth the expense, not only did I cancel and mail the product back per their specifications, I requested a return receipt from the post office which verified the product had been delivered

So, I call and verify with representative they show me cancelled because I kept getting this e-mail and also they said they showed the product was returnd. So, I didnt bother to get any name or other information.

So, 30 days later I go on-line for my checking and see I am being charged $79.95 for a bottle of Acai that I mailed back.

So, I immediately call the representative and he claims that they don't show any record and now I need to give them the tracking number on my postal receipt which of course I may not be able to find because I thought it was done deal.

I will never again order another product online for any free trial anything because it is a bunch of bull and I can never trust anyone on this again!!!

De
  26th of Jul, 2016
try acai berry - unauthorized charges to bank acct

Yeah, sure here is a 14 day trial. By the time I actualy recieved your product, to try and find out that it did not work, I only had 4 days to cancell. It took 10 days for me to recieve it in the mail! They said it was my fault for not telling them the mail took too long. Since I did not cancel soon enough, They took the large fee for membership from my account claiming it their "policy!"

The people on the phone sounded like they were simply reading a script and they did not care at all. All I heard was "sorry it's our policy..." over and over. Now, a month later, I am getting billed again! They even sent me a e-mail telling me that they would not charge my account any more.

Je
Acai Berry - they are all fraud
Schertz
Texas
Phone: 210-251-8937
jb92932@aol.com

I ordered aciberry sample and all these companies tried to charge my account.DLMAX, Bio skin care, cleancol, prored res., cost save fitness hub. I want it all stopped immediatly and credits put on my account. i have to call my credit card company everyday to stop what i can and can't use my card. something needs to be done legally.

Pa
  26th of Jul, 2016

I have not bought this product, but have done a cursory comparison of the websites below, which all push the Acai Berry BS. Please feel free to use these in complaints and I suggest you all go straight to the Federal Trade Commission.

These are almost all identical websites with interchangable # of kids, # weight loss;
They all tried the trendy diets (South Beach, Atkins, etc);
They all saw Dr. Oz on either Oprah or Rachel Ray;
They all state "I'm just a ----" on their site;
They all lost 42, 45 or 47 lbs.
Several have identical photos;
Several have the exact same layout.

There were two others that have since been yanked: Sarah Presley's and Anna Matthews' Weight Loss Stories. They must have been replaced with Karla's and Helen's because those are fairly new.

From all I've read on here of the absolute ripoffs, these people must be stopped.

An
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I ordered a free trial myself, but unlike others I read the terms and conditions before signing up and canceled my enrollment on time, calling this number: 00 44-20-30510825. I had to wait more than 5 minutes before someone answered the phone, but the cancelation of my membership was no problem at all.

Em
  26th of Jul, 2016

I phoned and cancelled my order for acai berry within the 14 day period but they have continued to send me the product and take a large amount of money from my account. I have phoned but the line was really bad and am not sure if they understood me I really need some help in stopping all of this, i cant afford it!

Em
  26th of Jul, 2016

Acai berry sent me there product even after i cancelled within 14 days and have continued to send it and take £59 from my account.
I phoned but the line was bad and i am in England which made it harder. There is no e-mail address to contcat Acai berry and I have no way to stop the money coming from my account.
can you help me?
Emma Scammell

Ro
Acai Berry - money taken from account
LocalBilling
England, Durham
United Kingdom

Like many others, I asked for a free sample and then they took from my account, for three times, the equivalent of £69.
I found that the guys involved in the scam (clay douglass, mitch platt) lead a firm named "localbilling", it seats in spain, where they live, I presume. if you call the localbilling telephone numbers (many telephone numbers, for many countries), spanish people will answer you, some would deny they know the names of clay douglass or mitch platt, and they could tell you that localbilling has nothing to do with the scam, but it is evident that this is the nearest point to get in touch with these guys.
Well bhealth, ghs health store panama, global wellbeing, health time, vitalityclean, natureberry, all these names reconduct to these guys.
Another guy involved, the one who sends the "free" samples, is chris swainson, he leads "phytoscience", and apparently (but I don't believe it) he just sends, and he pretends he has nothing to do with the scam.
So I think one thing to do is to begin to boycott this guy: he works with some firms named: linpharma, weber biologische arzneimittel, hni (houston nutraceuticals inc.), genesis group, husk, nextlevel healthcare, napiers herbal health care, brainchild nutritionals. all these are phytoscience (chris swainson) clients.
I already began to send e-mails to these firms saying that I will never buy products from them.
If all the people scammed makes the same, we could encircle these guys.
I think it is better to made something, searching for news about clay douglass, mitch platt (I think he is the head of the scam) and chris (christopher) swainson, and trying to know everything about them. then, we could give to the police some help to put an end to this fraud.

Ja
Acai Berry - company is a fraud
aci berry suprme
California

This company offers a free trial offer for $5.95. After reading about all the complaints I learned that you must cancel the order or an $88.62 plus S/H will be charged to your cerdit card. Using the number they provided, I tried to call and cancel. The number is as phoney as the company. When you call the number provided 866-938-4832 it does not work at all. There is no ringing, no busy signal, no voice mail - nothing!!!just a click and you're disconnected. After going thru all the complaints sent in I found another number 888-445-7436. However, all you get is a busy signal, constant busy signal no matter how many times you redial. I have now been billed for $88.62 plus s/h for a product I never received nor want. I am 71 years old, retired and live on a fixed income. I need money for medication and not a phoney diet supplement. I can't afford this payment and have reported it to my bank and will notify the better business bureau. Please do not purchase this product. They need to be put out of business. I cannot locate any mailing address or web site to write to them. If you have this info please let me know.

Sp
Acai Berry - Unauthorized W/drawal from Bank Account
Maxaxaiburn
Phone: 1-866-989-8945

I ordered a 1 month free trial and was told I would be charged $1.98 for S&H, and after that I would receive a 3 month supply and my account would be charge $58.76. I received a call from my bank about charges to account, after reviewing my account and calling the aciberry company I found out that they gave my account number to other companys and these companys were withdrawing money from my account. The person I spoke with said I agreed to it when I made the purchase on-line. I never ordered it on-line, I spoke with a representative named Beth and no contract was ever mailed to me. The names of these companies are weightlossebookmembership and insidersecretstips. I have been charged over $130.00 for information to memberships that I didn't know I was a memebr of and for products I never received. HUGH SCAM.

Ji
Acai Berry - scam
Aciberry natural cleans
Concord
Massachusetts
Phone: 978 287 5104

I ordered Aciberry All Natural Cleanse and they sent no cancellation information and sent me two bottles for 39.99 each billed to my credit card.

Ja
  26th of Jul, 2016

oh my god, are u serouis!!!i just orded them right now, wow.im sorry that happen to u n i hope it doesnt happen to me.