acai berry maxx and my colon cleanse / Scam acai berry maxx and my colon cleanse

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I ordered Acai Berry Maxx and My Colon Cleanse online after reading they would help my weight loss when used with one another. They offered a free month's trial if I pay 5.95 shipping and handling (each). I order, then wait, and wait. Its been 12 days so I decided to call the companies. However, (surprise, surprise) nobody answers either telephone number or live chat service. There are no responses to my attempted emailed cancellations either, and I don't feel comfortable about that! Hello, can anyone say SCAM? After having a moment of realization that I am being scammed, I look further and see fine print, that didn't seem to be there when I first ordered the supplements. If you are happy with your order .. do nothing, you will automatically be enrolled in a monthly subscription at nearly $80 a pop! Basically, after 15 days of not canceling your order, they have you for the first full months charges. BUT there is NO WAY to cancel your order - they made sure of that! Meanwhile, you being patient, wait and wait thinking, my free trial will come. It never does, and by the time you realize it, its TOO LATE. Luckily I found a solution for those of us who realize the scam before 15 days. Simply dispute the 5.95 charges (since you've never received the product) then, cancel your credit card. Its the only way to save yourself from this very expensive mistake. Your cc company will mail you a new card within 3 days. Good luck to all of those who fell for it, like me. Buyer Beware

Gw

Comments

• Al
      24th of Feb, 2009

This company - Acai Berry Maxx - as well as Total Cleanse - uses very fraudulent practices. I totally agree with the report above. When you sign up, you think you are getting a free trial, when in actuality you are signing up for a monthly charge of $85.90 for 2 bottles of pills (60 capsules in all). If you sign up for a trial of both Acai Berry and Total Cleanse, you will get two charges of $85.90 per month. I agree it is very hard to get a response from them. I stayed on the phone on hold for nearly 15 minutes. Once you get someone and tell them you want to return the product, they tell you they will deduct a loss fee since they will have to throw the product away to the tune of $30. So you will only get a refund of $55. Totally deceptive and fraudulent. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. BUY YOUR ACAI FROM THE HEALTH FOOD STORE.

• Da
      8th of Jun, 2009

I abdsolutely agree with this report. I was very upset to see my bill on my credit card statement for the charge of 79.90. I was shocked when I talked to the representative that I actually signed up for they are absolutely misleading and when I finnaly spoke to the representative at colon cleanse i had told him i didnt receive my product and i was billed 3.95 on the 13th of May and its already July he told me the warehouse was backed up and everyones shipping was behind because Oprah and Dr. Oz announced it at the same day so everyone was ordering it. I was like that is a bunch of bull****. Very unhappy with this kind of scams and it costed me a pretty penny and time to correct this matter.

• Te
      8th of Jun, 2009

Why is it not getting the national coverage it deserves? The internet is full of thse free trial scams and acai berry is one of the biggest scams. If you willnotice none of the Acai Berry sites have a manufactuer listed. And all have the same free trial gimmick. Plus they all cost over 80 dollars.

Do you realize that since this is the world wide web they could be taking in hundreds of millions of dollars and our governments keep letting them do this con and fraud. If someone steals money our of your bank account the Feds should go after them. Let's make the problem public and get the bad guys off the Internet and put in jail.

• Em
      1st of Oct, 2009

I received my "free trial" and was sent another shipment (which I refused) before the trail was over and canceled before the end of the trial. I was then charged over $80.00 when I called to tell them I was disputing the charge I was told I had not canceled prior to the end of the trial, that the trial didn't start when I received the order but when it was sent. I was then told to go on line and request a refund but I can't find the website again!!! I feel like such a fool, I knew as soon as I had ordered it that it was a mistake I should have followed my instincts.