Acai Berry/ FWM Laboratories / $87.13 was deducted from my account without authorization

2040 NE 163rd St NO.305North Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-949-0138
I saw an offer on AOL homepage about Acai Berry and a Colon cleaner with this women telling her great story. If I paid a total of 8 dollars you could test out the product even Oprah and Dr. Oz were on the ad I ordered it and it came really fast and a few days later I saw $87.13 deducted from my account. I've calleded twice and been told that a note was going to be placed for the billing department. Yeah freaking right!! Nice Christmas Present. (huh) The bank has issued me a new card and told me to send back the jar which I never opened and that they might be able to help me in 30 days. Good lesson learned. It was too good to be true.

Comments

11th of Dec, 2008
I to tried the ACAI BERRY all natural cleansing formula, and was scammed.i would like my 88.00 dollars, and my 94.00 dollars back.it was taking out of my acct. last mon. and this mon.i hope god puts his hands you who ever it scamming us.your good thing will not last yours is comming i pray on.
Je
  18th of Jan, 2009
I tried the FREE with only the shipping fee TRIAL offer..YEAH RIGHT!! This is the biggest scam..I ordered it Dec 12..charged 87.83 Dec 30...then again January 2..then again..January 15th!!! All Charges of $87.83, and mind you only received the one bottle of which i tried it and was completely UNSATISFIED!! I called them and WAITED on the phone, listening to horrible elevator music for almost 20 Minutes! Just to hear a women tell me that she wasn't able to confirm with me that Id be reimbursed? Told me Id have to check my email for a confirmation letter from some refund department? Also couldn't give me a number to call a manager..? SOMETHINGS not right with this company..FWM LABRATORIES, HOLLYWOOD, FLORIDA 33021...I am planning on taking this to the BBB!!! they messed with the wrong chick!
Lu
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

They are all compalining about it here too! Looks like hundreds of us have been scammed.
The same has happened to me!

Go to IC3 internet crime reports website & file a complaint there. Hopefully they'll take it up with the law!

www.ic3.gov
Jr
  18th of Jan, 2009
I had to cancel my credit card. I heard of this on the Ophra show.
How does this happen? I will never trust her again.
Fe
  26th of Jan, 2009
I experienced the same thing. They game me a phony email address when I pressed the person on the phone to speak to a supervisor. They took 87.13 out of my account and didn't ship the product until afterwards. It finally arrived and I returned it unopened - still no refund. I am going to report them to our State Atty General's office and see if I can get anywhere.
St
  31st of Mar, 2009
If you guys would read the small print you would know you have to cancel the subscription you signed up for. I was too "scammed" till I found out about the "small print". Be careful what you sign up for and always read the Fine Print.
Ch
  8th of Jun, 2009
Class Action Suit against FWM Laboratories?

See:

(last comment on post)

or http://www.kuvinlaw.com/Contact.html
  30th of Jun, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Only I called within 9 days to cancel because I found out I am pregnant. Then I found the charges for $87.13, plus double-shipping, and international charges. B of A reversed the charges and is investigating. I also complainted to the US Atty General and the BBB of south Florida.

I found this ad for a class-action lawsuit on craigslist: http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/lgs/1200896993.html
  1st of Jul, 2009
I had this email in my inbox this morning:

7/1/2009This is an automatic notification – do not reply to this e-mailThis confirms that a transaction for the amount of $87.13 has been refunded and should appear on your bank statement in 5 to 7 business days.Should you have any further concernscall us at 1-866-949-0138

I guess calling and screaming, cancelling the bank card, having the bank investigate the fraud, filing a complaint with the BBB and US Atty General may have actually gotten me somewhere. It's not for the full amount I lost since they double charged me for shipping and I incurred international fees as well, but I won't complain anymore! I'll eat the rest as a learning experience. Sheesh, I only wanted to lose 10 pounds, anyway!! :S Good luck to everyone and I will still join in a class-action lawsuit!
Jj
  31st of Aug, 2009
I was also scammed and charged $87.13 - and this is after I called them and told them to cancel the very next day after ordering the product because I did read the small print. They told me the order was cancelled. I was charged $39.95 for one product- but have yet to receive that product, then on top of that, after about two weeks, I find two separate charges of $87.13 for two different products. I called the number on the statement only to be told that they had never charged my account that - they had only charged $39.95. I then asked them why their information was listed as charging my account and since they had charged me the $39.95 for some product, why hadn't I received it? They went on to tell me that the account was closed, again I asked why I had been charged and asked to speak with someone else...only to be told it was my fault for not cancelling. I reiterated to the lady that I was speaking to (which could hardly understand English) that I DID cancel and they still charged my account.

As it turned out, I had to cancel that Debit Card (because of the money coming out and I didn't have the funds in that account to cover, I then got charged overdraft fees - and caused huge headaches for me. At this point, I have lost almost $300 for this supposed great weight loss product.) Oh...the real kicker, I did finally receive the trial product that I had paid $1.95 shipping and handling for (about 3 weeks after it was supposedly shipped to me) and when I did take the product, I GAINED 4 pounds in one week and I was really dieting and exercising. So, not only did I get taken to the cleaner through loss of money, I ended up gaining weight from the stuff.
Ji
  27th of Oct, 2009
I had this happen to me too with Acai Detox and Colon Cleanse. I didn't want any more charges on my credit card so I got the original card cancelled and got a new card. The charges still appeared on my new card. I told the credit card company I didn't want any more charges from this outfit and they said I should get a new card. Now how did two new charges get on that card? I am very angry. Be sure to keep you bottles because that is the only way to get credit. I am going to work on it today to see what happens. In any event I will contact the Bank of America to find out how this happened again on a new card. The company is a fraud.