Acai Berry/fit.fac/easy 30 day thin / scam

I ordered a trial bottle for $3.95 of Acia Berry. Did not know was auto renewal. Never received item. Called when I saw it on my credit card statement and was told that since I did not call to tell them to cancel the item, which I never received, that it automatically renewed for $89.31. Also, there is a charge I never authorized for $29.95 from www.fit-fac.com that I now know is part of this Acia Berry scam. I asked several times to speak to a supervisor and was denied. Thank goodness the credit card company is handling this.

La

Comments

• Am
      1st of Dec, 2008

Beware all Acai Berry purchasers - You will be charged 89.31 for nothing!!! you can buy these berries from most health food stores for about $30.00!! easier than having to cancel your credit card to put an end to the scam!!!

• Lo
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Been fighting this same ripoff company...each time I call I get a new story -- should probably just write off the $89.31. Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten any money back from these scam artists?

• Gi
      2nd of Dec, 2008

THIS IS A SCAM! Thankfully, because of numerous complaints no doubt, the companies were good about crediting my account back, I received the $89.31 back, and called tonight and am awaiting fit-fac.com's credit of $29.99...I am calling my bank tomorrow to see what I need to do to stop these fraudulent charges.

Save yourself the trouble, and just purchase from a grocery store...

• Gi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Ilive in London and tried a trial of acai i could never get through to cancel debit from bank so i wrote a letter cancelling and threataning action if any monies are removed.
    But... has anyone else had money removed from PRICELIMBO.COM? i had this am i called my bank immediately, i don't know who they are!! my bank told me to e mail them and if anymore is removed action will be taken but as yet no email address does anyone know???

3rd of Dec, 2008

I order Acai Berry 500 and today received Extreme Acai Berry which apparently is not as effective. I have also just noticed they have a 1-877-350-8480 phone number which we cannot dial from the UK. Does anyone know the number to dial from outside the USA? It is a scam and I will definitely be cancelling.

5th of Dec, 2008

Beware all Acai Berry purchasers - You will be charged 89.31 for nothing!!! I called the us and spoke to Kim. I was given a councellation number, and was told that the money will be put back into my bank with in 14days... Can anyone tell me if they have got their money back please..

12th of Dec, 2008

Just to let you all no that today after speaking to someone from the us and them saying i would have my £61.52 that was taken on the 4th nov returned gto me within 14days. I have had £5.98 taken from my account not from easy 30day slim but from pricelimbo.com. I don't even no what its for!!! This has happened even with a block on my account...I'm not sure what to do now. I hope yopu all have better luck than me.

• Pe
      15th of Dec, 2008

My wife has been caught out by this scam. I have managed to get through to someone using the phone number 001-877-350-8480 and asked to cancel the subscription. Remember they are 5 or 6 hrs behind the UK so best calling in the evening. They gave me a confirmation number so I will be watching my account very closely to see if any other payments go out. I have not asked for a refund as I am going to call the credit card company tomorrow, and speak to the department that deals with internet transactions, to seek their advice. I will add another comment when I know more

18th of Dec, 2008

I too fell for this andI so can't afford it. the dollar rate collapsed so the price is just awful. They won't give me a refund. no email address and i hate to think how much the phone call cost. They said they are not doing emails at the moment. How can i get my money back?

18th of Dec, 2008

how did people get them to give a refund?

23rd of Dec, 2008

Acai berry - Easy 30 day slim. Just to let you no today i got a refund of £ 58.oo a little less what they took but i'm just glad i got it back!!! I also got back £ 5.00 from the pricelimbo.com again a little less but happy..the thing i'm not happy with is calling the US three times...

• Br
      2nd of Jan, 2009

Easy 30 Day Thin is a scam. They won't refund your money or let you speak to a supervisor. The actual name of the company is Extreme Acai Berry.
    Their address is 4650 SW 51st St. Suite 711, Davie, Fl 33314. PLEASE REPORT THEM TO THE BBB . If everyone joins in this kind of thing can stop!!!

5th of Jan, 2009

They wouldnt even give an email address. I couldnt get a refund, so how did people manage it.

• Ka
      6th of Jan, 2009

Even if you have the phone number and their address, they still wont refund the money. Take it up with your CC company, they are all aware of these people and are working to get them shut down.

• Na
      12th of Jan, 2009

I am going through all of this myself. I live in Germany so some of the 1-800 numbers don't work. I finally was able to cancel with Fit Factory, but have all these ridiculous charges on my bank card from places like Price Savers and Price Limbo. I have called my bank to ensure no future charges are accepted. These people should be closed down and quick!!!

• Na
      12th of Jan, 2009

One more comment - the worst thing about this scam is all the "Add Ons" that they do not warn you about. I didn't know anything about the Fit Factory membership (where was this even mentioned??) or anything else. Conveniently they send you no information with your trial size so you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. Despicable!!!

• Ka
      29th of Jan, 2009

I have also been scammed and totally hacked off. My credit card company seem to be totally uninterested. I have also had money deducted by PRICELIMBO.COM altogether its $89.31 and then another $8.51 i am not impressed. Those that have got their money back, what can i do?

• Te
      29th of Jan, 2009

I too ordered ACAI Burn and Bromalite Colon Cleanser and had to call 5 different ph #s to cancel all. As I was ordering I used my Print Screen button to save the fine print to my PC so I had all the phone numbers and details. For the ACAI product you are signed up on autoship and if you do nothing after receiving your 14 day free trial you will be billed 69.95 for the bottle and be on autoship so that in 30 days you will recv another bottle and charged 69.95 again. Also the fine print states you are signed up for Insiders Secrets to Weightloss and signed up for E Book Package. (what ever that is)

Here are the ph #s: ACAI Burn 800-659-3588, Insiders Secrets: 866-279-6513, E Book: 800-989-5907

Then for Bromalite same thing your on autoship unless you call and cancel acct. you are signed up for a 21 day free trial for Fit Factory website and after that they will charge 29.95 monthly for use of their website.

Here are the ph #s: Bromalite: 866-897-0663 and Fit Factory 866-407-1022.

• Em
      31st of Jan, 2009

Hi everyone... so i'm not that stupid or at least I'm not the only one! I've ordered the free trial of Extrem Acai berry and actually received it, 14 days later they billed me a 97, 86$ of that acai stuff witch I, ve never received ( I'm in Canada so it's more expensive) I've called, they say they have cancel my account. But 2 weeks after, they charged me again, and I also had a price limbo thing of 30$ AND a 30 day thin thing at 29$ too.
    I was mad so I called my credit card compagny.

Just to let u no, you have a contestation service on your card. I told them I've called to cancel and still they billed me and I received notting. They refund the entire ammount. BUT they keep on billed me under different compagny name. So I had to call back my credit card last week and I spoke with a guy that told me that it'a a reseau of compagny that exchange clients adresses and credit card numbers. There'as actually millions of people that have been scams by them and ask for a refund witch credit card compagny automaticly do.

As for the quality of the product, it's 5% good and the rest is ... ###! Acai power is most found in the fruit juce.
    your buddy will absorbe 70% of it in that form. For the pills, the body doesn'T even absorbe 5% of it. It's not a weith loss solution ether, it's good for the organism as an full antioxidant fruit. They sell an 100% real acai juce at 30$ at the bio store. That will be much more affective!!

So that s it!

• Is
      25th of Jan, 2010

I agree this is a horrible scam. They automatically charge your account and refuse to refund. I reported them and Thin Action the BBB.