Acai Berry Detox / Shipment Assistance.com / rip off scam

1 CA, US Review updated:

I signed up for a free trial of a colon cleanse that is immediately switched for something called Acai berry Detox. I am charged $1.95 for shipping and handling. I get numerous phone calls saying my order was not processed even though I can see a pending charge in my bank account.
Then I am offered an extra bottle for $39.95 and a trip to Cancun, I agree. The person on the phone says there is no other obligation or charges. Then a week goes by and I get hit with a charge for $87.13. I still have never seen any product. Numerous calls to the phone number provided to me by my bank for customer service are ended abruptly as soon as I question the $87.13 charge.
I plan to dispute this with my bank. The company says I agree to the $87.13 but it was never mentioned nor was there any wording or terms and condition upon ordering the "free trial" This free trial has now cost me $129.03. And the products say they are endorsed by Oprah...

Dj

Comments

• Mw
      Aug 21, 2009

this is exactly what happened to me.. i was told by the operator even that the pending transaction would be cancelled.. it never was! this is fraud! I cant get my bank to remove somthing I didnt ever authorize because I cant get anyone to assist me here with health cleanse.. In addition, I never received even the trial bottle! this is crazy!

Aug 21, 2009

here below is the "chat" correspondence with even a "confirnation number" that my bank would not be charged.. it still was.. this is insane and the biggest hoax ever! I am reporting this company today!
    **************************************************************

08/20/2009 HEATH-CLEANSE [protected] 3% ISDEBIT FOR CHECKCARD $89.74

only charged $ 3.95 shipping and handling fee.

michelle R. Weight: 08/17/2009 CHECKCARD AUTH [protected] 08/17/09 HEATH-CLEANSE [protected] $87.13

michelle R. Weight: there is the confirmation that you charged my account. it has not gone through, but shows in pending transactions.. I for one never even received any product for the 3.95 plus shipping!!!

(CA-109) SherwinMac: I have now canceled the pending charge that is showing on your

(CA-109) SherwinMac: statement and this will send a message to the bank to disregard the

(CA-109) SherwinMac: transaction.

michelle R. Weight: can I have proof of this and what about teh 3.95 + shipping I paid for a product I never received. Thank you

(CA-109) SherwinMac: The first 14-days of your subscription are absolutely FREE.  The $3.95 paid was for shipping and handling fee.  Unfortunately, we cannot refund that charge.  That was stated in the terms and conditions when you first ordered the trial product. The shipping and handling charges are costs we have already incurred.

michelle R. Weight: that is fine, but I never received ANY product!

michelle R. Weight: How do I confirm you wil stop the transaction o fthe 87.13? Thank you

(CA-109) SherwinMac: Rest assure it will be deliver on your address. We are now inth eprocess of sending thie bottle to your address.

(CA-109) SherwinMac: I have successfully canceled your account.  Your cancellation number is

(CA-109) SherwinMac: # 1833264

(CA-109) SherwinMac: That is your proof that we only charged you $3.95 only for the trial bottle.

michelle R. Weight: ok Thank you, but I do not want any future deductions without my approval being deducted from my account.. Wny was my acct even charged???? I did not order this!

Aug 21, 2009

The other problem is I had to also cancle my bank card today in order to prevent the transactions from re-occurring.. They filed a formal complaint as well.. do not order from thsi company or you will be ripped off.. I never even received the initial trial bottle that I was also charged.. what a joke!

• To
      Aug 21, 2009

I SIGNED UP FOR FREE TRIAL FOR COLON CLEANSER AT A COST OF $4.95 I NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT AND 14 DAYS LATER MY BANK WAS DEBTED FOR $82.97 IT PUT MY ACCOUNT IN NEGATIVE. I DISPUTED WITH THE COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL RETURN THE FUNDS THIS HAS NOT HAPPEN YET.THIS IS FRAUD. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS TRANSACTION.

• La
      Aug 24, 2009

i had the same thing happen to me signed up for the free trial and was hit twice on my bank! never order from them again, I had to cancel my debit card so they wouldn't do it again

• Ju
      Aug 24, 2009

Why do i only hear of these scams till I am in it! I too ordered the trial bottle of acai berry, gave them my account number for the .99 cents s&h, and now they are billing me every month for something i did not authorize!! When I call them, i am on hold, then they have a thick foreign accent so I can barely understand them, by this time my anger is growing more, then their lines keeps cutting out. So by the time I do get someone I can half understand, they appoligize and tell me I will receive a refund in 2-3 weeks. Can I beleive them? If not, then what?? Can they just get away with that?

• Je
      Aug 24, 2009

I am with all of you. I am going through the same thing. I called to see why I hadn't recieved my trial offer and a gentleman told me if I didn't recieve an e-mail conformation then my order never went through. I said okay and thought oh well I won't try it. A week later I have an unauthorized charge of 86.42 coming out of my account. I had to do the same thing, cancel my card and put in a formal complaint. I am so mad because you put your trust in these companies and the advertisements. I have called three times and you get cut out or she tells you to call back because she can't hear you. I will keep trying but I feel it will be along time before I see the money. It's not alot but I am a single Mom on a tight budget just looking to be healthy. I was just going with the trial offer unless it gave me the energy of a 5 year old then I might have gone with the expense. Will never know!! Jess Roy

• Rr
      Aug 27, 2009

I ordered a trial bottle of Acai Berry and I did receive it. I decided I didn't want to continue getting the Acai Berry and I called the 800 number to cancel. A month went by and I got $82.31 plus an $.82 international charge. I called and complained at [protected] and they told me I didn't call in the 14 day period. They are scammers!!! I cancelled my credit card to make sure they do not charge me again. What a RIP OFF!!

Aug 27, 2009

This company is a complete fraud. We are all experiencing the same thing. I am getting complete cooperation from Marriott
    Visa account, because they say they are getting so many complaints about this company.