Acai Berry Detox / fraud - billing issues

1 2040 NE 163rd St. #305Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-949-0138

This is a scam. Basically my story is like all the others i've been reading on this site. It all started on 12/23/2008 and i've yet to hear a peep from anyone. I finally filed a complaint with the better business bureau and was told yesterday 3/10/2009, that my file was closed due to the "company" not responding to all of the complaints against them. I have also filed a complaint with the consumer protection folks, which is the only thing left to do if the bbb can't do anything.
I can't believe that nobody can help all the folks being scammed out of their money. $87.13 might not be a lot to some people but it's my hard-earned money and I don't think this brian weiss character (Contact person for fwm labs) has the right to have it.
I really hope there is some resolution for everyone out there. I'm so angry that I will continue to fight this. I've also learned a lot about my bank and the way they process investigations for unauthorized charges.
Do not order anything from these people. They shut down websites and email addresses faster than water going down the drain!! The customer service people are also horrible and they will lie to you. If you ask for a supervisor, good luck, you never get one. The longest I waited for one to pick up my call was 56 minutes.

Oc

Comments

17th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Berry Detox - Stealing money out of my account
    North Miami Beach
    Phone: 954-699-0814
    luxslimtea.com

I ordered the Acai Berry Detox on 12-1-08, I got an email confirming my order and said it was on the way, and if I did not cancel in 20 days it would automatically bill my card $12.82. I got the product in themail on 12-6-08 and immediately canceled the future orders by phone. On 12-16-08 I checked my account and $87.13 is being removed from my account. Now if I remember all of my lessons my mother taught me that is stealing.

• Ka
      9th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Lipaphen & Detox - I never ordered
    Nebraska
    Phone: 402-640-8183

I ordered a trial offer of Acaiberry for $3.95 & received. I was charged on my credit card on 12-02-08 for this trial offer of $3.95. I received my credit card statement today 1-9-09 & there are 3 more charges on my statement. I received a bottle & returned it on 1-3-09 & CANCELLED. I have 3 charges that I never ordered. On 12-16-08, for $69.95 - 12-17-08, for 87.13 - & 1-3-09, for 91.08, again never ordered or received. I want these cancelled & taken off my credit card NOW!!!

• Ca
      12th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - invalid phone number to cancel
    2040NE 163rd, Suite 305
    North Miami Beach
    Phone: 1-866-949-0138

The number to cancel the trial offer is invalid and I have days to do so until my account will be charged. Have read the same complaints on this site for others that have been duped; can anyone offer a suggestion that worked for them.

• Tx
      12th of Jan, 2009

Cancel the card you authorized the shipping charge on. How can they bill you than? Based on all the complaints, they will regardless. Might as well bite the bullet, cancel the card and lesson leared.

• Ce
      13th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - Didn't order, charged my account
    S. Canaan
    Pennsylvania

Same as all the other complaints. Got the free bottle, got charged $88.00 for another bottle I never received. Is there any way to get a refund???

• Po
      14th of Jan, 2009

I was too ripped off by the company. now I have spent 2+ hrs on the phone over the last two days of me attempting to get my refund. I was hung up on and lied to during my attempts. I was charged the 87.13. they claim I have a refund with a cancellation code, but I don't believe it.

21st of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - Diet Products
    3007 Greene st
    Phone: 1-866-949-0138

I order some diet products in november from FWM laboratories located in Holywood, FL. after my 14 days trial they keep charging me from my Bank Account, when i call to cancel before the 14 days free trial, they have charge me $83.98 since then.

• Co
      22nd of Jan, 2009

The company, FWM Laboratories, d/b/a Acai Berry Detox appears to be committing Internet fraud. Please take the time to file complaints as follows:

1. Florida Office of the Attorney General by visiting here:

AND

2. Federal Bureau of Investigation by and through its Internet Crime Complaint Center by visiting here;

• Ji
      26th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - billing fraudulently
    fmw labatories

This co. is a scam from the word go!! when you reach their "customer service" dept as it were they are in no way helpful...WILL NOT!! transfer anyone to their billing dept...they continue to send their product, after being told not to, and of course continue to bill for same with out permission...someone smarter than I needs to look at this disgraceful company...i want my money back!!

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - Fraudulant Charges
    3007 Greene Street
    Phone: 1-866-9490138

The offer is for a 14 day free trial. They wait over 30 days to make the first shipment and bill your credit card twice for $87.13. The customer service rep says that your 14 day trial is up, they billed me for the first bottle and the second bottle which will be shipped within 7 days. I demanded that my "account" be cancelled and notified my credit company of the fraudulant charges.

• Mb
      29th of Jan, 2009

i placed an order for a free trail and never received my product and was charged the first time 3.95 the second time 88.00

• Ta
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I was also ripped off. And they also took more than the 87.13. They took out 88.00 even. Now I'm wondering if we can get a class action suit against this company. I ordered on 1/11/09 they sent it out 1/21/09 I received it 1/26/09. And they charged my bank on 1/27/09. This a very disreputable company by all the negative feedback they have no intetion of making a good name for themselves. I called the customer service number and they said they would sent a email confirming my cancellation. Big surprise ~ they didn't so I called again and spoke to another person named Jack and he sent me a confirmation of my cancellation. I also asked to get a number to their accounting dept to insure my refund and was told they don't have a phone number. Ok we all know their lying. So I asked how they get ahold of the accounting dept and was told by email so I asked for the email address and I shot off 2 emails and what a surprise the email address comes back as undeliverable. I am of the mindset that if we get together and email the attorney generals office about the practices of this company that they will investigate. Maybe this will also help ACAI BERRY DETOX to discontinue their decitful practice of fraudulant charges, misrepresentation of free trial and extreme delay of mailing out the product so late that it never has a chance to be cancelled before terms and conditions.

6th of Feb, 2009

If you are trying to actually speak to a live agent, and you purchased the Acai Berry Detox or Cologenix product from FWM Laboratories, INC or Cologenix in Florida, and the number given to call is 866-949-0138, then call this number instead as it goes right to their billing department. This number really works and they were able to find my order information - 866-931-6791. Tell them that you are contacting the Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau, and the FBI to look into their deceptive internet commerce practices and that you demand a refund and cancellation. I also recommend that you cancel your bank card and shut down their buying power.

• Ne
      6th of Feb, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - over charged 83.14
    fwm laboratories
    Michigan

i was over charged 83.14 for this product, it was advertised free trial offer. when i tried to contact them they cancelled an on going order i never placed, but the person on the phone had no information on how i could contact anyone to get a refund.

• Ru
      11th of Feb, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - Fraudulent charges to my credit card
    3007 Green St
    Phone: 1/800/949-0138

I places and order for the trial offer of Acai Berry and without my approval they have sent more with out my authorization. When I acall their phone number I am told that the answer wait time is from 3 to 5 minutes. I have held for 30 min. every time I've called and never gotten through to them. I have had to cancel my credit card to get them to quit billing me. Ruth Ann of IN

• Ho
      12th of Feb, 2009
    Acai Berry Detox - DO NOT WANT PRODUCT
    Florida

Received a free bottle and I advised them I did not want their product. but, I keep getting the pills in the mail. I have tried to return them with no sucess.
    I do not want their product and will not pay for what I did not order.

I need to contact them I have be over charged three times for $268.00

call me 2483203329 or email laura1953@comcast.net

Acai Berry Detox - falsely charged
    acai berry detox
    Michigan
    Phone: 2483203328

i ordered a free sample of acai berry detox and have been falsely billed for 268.00.

my email is laura1953@comcast.net

• Ca
      21st of Feb, 2009

Have called the phone number did receive cancellation number-but was told i would get an email from their refund department as to what to do with the product--it has been a week and no emai--tried to call number again and got never ending music . I to was surprised to learn that you wud be charged before the 14 days was up--the product made me dizzy and sick to my stomach--they should reemburse all that have tried it--