acai berry detox FWM Laboratories Hollywood florida / I cancelled and I got charged $87.13

1 Plymouth, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8602830450

I had tried this product and it gave me a bad reaction to the acai berry detox. I called about 7 times in the past week and finally on Sunday the 25, 2009 I spoke with a so-called-supervisor and she told me that I would recieve a refund and be notified by E-mail as to when the transaction would take place. I am pissed off that this company is treating Americans this way when everyone is having a hrd time through this recession. These people should be arrested for fraud. If I do not get an E-mail or a phone call within 5 days from this E-mail, I am notifying the consumer protection of the United States of America.
Signed Paula J. Lynch

Comments

• Vi
      13th of Feb, 2009

I am very upset with this company. Before I even had a chance to try the product, they charged me 87.13.
    Nine days later, they charged me another 87.13. They also charged a 5.22 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE. There was no number or name by this fee so I had to call the credit card company to find out who charged it.
    All of these charges were on the same credit card statement so I didn't even know what was going on until I got my statement.

First thing I did, was call the credit card company and tell them that I was "disputing these charges". By doing this, they will give you a "conditional credit". This allows you to pay your credit card bill minus the charges in question. In the meantime, your disputed charges will not incurr any additional finance charges.
    I would suggest everyone who has a concern with a charge on their credit card to do this, before they pay the bill. When I contacted the credit card company, I also found out that a week later, Acai Berry had charged me an additional 87.13. and another .14 Foreign Transaction Fee that would be appearing on my next statement. So, to date, I have received a total of 2 bottles of Acai Berry and have had $266.75 charged to my card.

Then I called and spoke to a representative of Acai Berry. We spoke for about 20 minutes and I she didn't have a clue. She cancelled further shipments, but kept reading me about how any money already charged was non-refundable. I told her that the charges were in dispute and that I had not and was not going to pay them. I told her I was just trying to give them an opportunity to "right" a "wrong". I told her that I had received 1 bottle in addition to my 1st shipment, and that I was going to return the 2nd bottle and I would be glad to work out a fair deal on the 1st bottle. ( At this point, I am not even willing to do that. I will insist that I return the unused portion and get a "not satisfied" refund.) I told her that if she didn't want to do that, the credit card company will take charge of the dispute for me. After having no success with her, I then called to speak to a supervisor. I was on hold for exactly 20 minutes before I hung up. The next day, I called and asked for a supervisor. I had to just insist that I be connected to one. Again, I hung up after waiting 18 minutes for a supervisor to pick up.

My next form of action will be to call my state's, Attorney General's office and tell them that I want to file a Merchants Violation Complaint against this company. If enough of us do this, maybe, we can put a stop to this fraud and put this company out of business. We need to get the word out on this company. It is ashamed that a company with absolutely no integrity and no regard for honesty can scam so many geninue, hard-working people. It is time, we the people, let this company know we will spread the word and do all we can to get them closed down.

By the way, there are many superior Acai Berry products out there, who have been proven successful and much less expensive. The top rated one is Acai Burn and you can buy a bottle for as little as 36.00 if you buy 3 at a time. They also have a free trial for 4.95 shipping. If you like the product, they will charge you approx. 56.00 for the bottle, after a trial period. Other products are Acai Maxx and Acai Supreme. Google Acai Berry
    and you will see the raving reviews on these products.

13th of Feb, 2009

Having order a trial of acia and bromiaid fro 4.95 each shipping charges, I was also charge fees of 69.95 and 74.00 plus 5.95 international charges. .several calls and long waits i was sucessful in having 69.95 and 74.00 returned to my bank. a week later there was another charge of 29.00 from fit-fat.com, this was reported to my bank, Region Bank, and they stated because i had authorize the charge, which was not true, my money was not returned. I don't understand how this much dishonesty could be allowed and reported with out someone in charge doing nothing ABOUT IT.

Anna Jackson of Baton Rouge, La.

23rd of Mar, 2009

this is a rip-off . i have been charged 87.13 twice so far and cannot get anywhere with the company. Call you bank to cancel your cards so they can't get any more money. You will be broke if you don't.

Virginia Chwastyk
    Wilkes-Barre, PA

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I went to the site to see what the charges would be after the "free" bottle. I put my card info in so I could get to the screen where I read about the $85 charge. I never even hit the "submit" or "order" button to put the order through. Never got a confirmation or anything. Next thing you know, they're a bottle of pills in the mailbox with absolutely no information. I got the package on 3/20, and there is a tiny notation on the envelope that my trial ends 3/30/09. Not even a 30 trial period?!

21st of Apr, 2009

I too have been taken to the cleaners so to speak! I was charged $87.13 and never had a chance to even try the product! When I called them they told me my account was going to be reviewed and the charges should be reversed. That was 3 weeks ago and now I can't get anyone to answer the phone! I have left several messages and they have not called me back. I hope to see them on TV as a scam to watch out for because they are ripping people off!

27th of Aug, 2009

The number posted 866-989-8945 is a false number. We were charged $174 for product that we cancelled days ago. The number is to some guys house. Dispute it with the bank and warn other people about this. It's a scam.

27th of Aug, 2009

The page is a fake too. It 404s.

• Mi
      28th of Sep, 2009

I would strongly AGREE that the Acai burn detox from: 3007 Greene St. Hollywood FL 33020 is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE rip off. I have been through the same things as everyone else above has. The long phone calls, limited information on my account, NO REFUND, product arriving late, and getting charged $87.13 with out time to send it back. I couldn't even speak to a supervisor all the times I called. Then when I finally spoke with 2 customer service people the said since I didn't have my RMA # they could not look it up and there may be a chance that my product would get cancelled by shipping Dept. because it was wrote incorrectly and I would not get my refund. I am in the process of checking my local post office and the UPS services to track it down. Then I will show them that I did ship it back to them the way the told me with the proper numbers on it and they better pay me my damn money. Otherwise I will do like the lady above and seek legal action and file a Merchant Violation Complaint with my states Attorney Gen. office. Beleive me I will call them everyday if I have to. People, please look out for this company. They do not have your best interest at hand, they are scammers.

Mike
    Copperas Cove, TX.

• Li
      28th of Sep, 2009

soy de argentina quiero saber como puedo comprar los productos gracias espero pronto su respuesta

• Ai
      30th of Sep, 2009

I am having same problems as other folks. They shipped me my free bottle for .99 charged to my credit card. Before it arrived, or rather before it was shipped, they called and tried to sell me the partner med that would have to be taken with the acai caps. I told them I heard a blip, they said we were being recorded, told them good. Now hear this on your recording, I DO NOT WANT ANY OTHER PRODUCT SHIPPED TO ME, DO NOT WANT TO SEE BUT A ONE TIME .99 CHARGE, AND DO NOT EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN! You guessed it, I just got back from out of town to see another shipment on my porch...called them and I had been charged $88 and was told I had an open account! Since when? Was told that the people I talked to prior had no authorization to cancel my "subscription" and that I had to call them directly...How is it I have to make a separate call to cancel something I did not order and did not authorize and specifically told them not to do??? Now I have to send back the product on my dime and when they receive it, THEN they will credit my account. In the meantime I may go overdrawn on my account and who's gonna pay for that? Let's see what happens or call my lawyer and the BBB, yep, that's what I'm a gonna do!! I think this kind of thing needs stopped for good instead of silly krap in places that get you fined or ticketed because your yard isn't as "pretty" as the neighbors and the "neighborhood yard beautifiers" in your town can do that to you!!!

• Rm
      10th of Nov, 2009

Hello,
    Yes, I too have been had by this Company and I cancelled my Credit Card to avoid any more scamming done by them!!! I contacted my bank and let them know and I will not pay them, looking for a credit on my card within 60 days!
    R.M.M.
    Michigan

10th of Nov, 2009

oh and one other thing about this Acai Berry Detox, Hollywood Fl.. group.. they say on their hold message that you can chat live via there website or send them an email.. NO where can I find how to get to a website for them.. Looked on all papers and also looked on google and all... they are not a good company.. SOOOO disappointed!

• Po
      26th of Jan, 2010

I am a single mother who has always worked very hard to take care financially for my child alone. So when i saved up enough money to purchase this computer for us this year, I did not have any intentions of throwing my money away every month for a product I did not ask to continue receiving . Now I do not know what to do to stop them from continuing to send and way overcharge for a product I keep sending back. Please someone let me know if you find a solution to this madness!!!

• Lu
      13th of Feb, 2010

I too was a victim of this company Acai Berry detox in hollywood florida. We were charged 2 80-something dollar fees, when we cancelled the product. After making the purchase, i made sure to read where it says how many days you have to cancel, which was 30 days. I made sure to call in as soon as i received the product, where they assured me that they had canceled it.
    Just last night i checked my credit card statement, and found out that i had been charged 2, 80-something dollar fees. I called this morning to ask what had happened and they told me i had to call within 17 days of ordering the product (not receiving) to cancel. I NEVER saw a stement like that when i ordered the product. I was on the phone for more than a half hour, with no luck of receiving a refund. I called my credit card and they are filing a dispute to see if fraud has been commited. I suggest everyone that this has happened to to file a dispute. That is really the only way we will ever get our money back

• Di
      26th of Mar, 2010

I'M GOING THROUGH THE SAMETHING I SENT A BOTTLE BACK THAT I NEVER ORDERED & THEY TOLD ME I WOULD GET MY MONEY BACK 30 DAYS AFTER THEY RECEIVE THE PILLS BACK THAT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS AGO. THEY SHOW RECEIVING THE PRODUCT, WAY BACK IN NOV.2009 STILL NO CHECK.

SO FAR EVERY TIME I CALL THEM THE BOOKKEEPER HASN'T MADE OUT THE CHECK YET. AND THEN TODAY THEY WANT ME TO SEND ALL THE PROOF AGAIN THAT I SHIPPED THE PRODUCT BACK BECAUSE NOTHING SHOWS ON MY ACCOUNT THAT I EVER SENT IT BACK.

AND THEY WERE CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD BEFORE I EVEN RECEIVED THE PRODUCT.

AND I'M ALSO GOING THROUGH THE SAMETHING WITH COLNEX THEY CHARGED ME FOR 2 BOTTLES AT 98.00 DOLLARS A BOTTLE AND I HAD ONLY RECEIVED THE TRAIL BOTTLE AND CAN'T FET MY MONEY BACK FROM THEM EITHER.

WE ALL SHOULD CONTACT THE BBB AND FILE AGAINST THEM THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF LEFT & RIGHT AND I KNOW I'VE HAD IT WITH THEM.