Acai Berry Detox / scam / ripoff!

I ordered this product as a "trial" offer and was only to pay shipping charges. It took several weeks to receive the small trial package, but only to find that in the meantime, my debit card had been charged $87.13 and $.70 cents for some kind of "over the border fee" and a full month's worth! I have called the number: 866.949.0838 three times — feb. 2, 2009 (Ella - i. D. #1028235), bert (I. D. # 903wdd), and lulu (I. D. #12048 on feb. 19.) all three of them advised me that my order had been cancelled (#286875) and has been forwarded to whatever dept. For crediting. On feb. 19, after emailing fwmcancellations@gmail.com, I received an email from "mandy williams" but signed by "bernadette" within the email. She also confirmed that they received my refund request, will be subject for verification, and that I will receive a confirmation once processed. I have not received any response from anyone!

In my emails to a west@firewatermail.com, billing@fwmlabs.com and fwmcancellations.com, i've told them I will contact the florida attorney general's office, the better business bureau, and the fbi online consumer protection dept., and anyone else I need to, including my attorney.

Suzie
From mishawaka, in

Comments

• Su
      4th of Mar, 2009

Oh, and I'm going to NOT consume this product - hard telling what might be in it!

4th of Mar, 2009

I saw on your complaint that you called a different customer service line. I got another one, 866-949-0138. Call this one immediately. In this line, I talked to a friendly operator who verified my request right away. After three days, my money was returned.

• Ji
      10th of Mar, 2009

I have called 4 different numbers in the course of 1 month. The 1st number I spoke to a Joan - who said I "should" get my money back in 2-3 weeks- she even gave me a confirmation number. It's been 7 weeks now. I have had no luck in getting my money back. Everytime I call one of the numbers I get a recording that "this mailbox is not accepting phone calls at this time". While $87 might not sound like much to some people it is to me! Does anyone have any other numbers, emails or ideas on how to get to these people? Jackie - i tried the number you listed and I got the same recording.

13th of Mar, 2009

here is some advise when ordering any "trial" off internet look at the bottom of page. Click on terms and conditions it say in there that you will be charged for a full month! I was going to try the acia berry until i read the terms and conditions! Nothing in life is free anymore, so be aware of the terms and conditions on the bottom of the page before ordering anything!

• Vi
      11th of Jul, 2009

I, too, am a victim of this scam. I do mean scam!!! If you click on the terms and conditions, you will not find any mention of $87.13 being charged to your account. I didn't see the first charge until after I got my first bank statement. By the time I called their number and spoke to "Raymond" and was assured my money would be returned, I had another $83.18 taken out of my account. They finally returned the $83.18, but they refused to refund the first $87.13. When I ordered this product I never saw anything about being comitted to a 15 day trial period, extra charges, etc. I guess that is my fault for not checking out the site better, but this whole thing is a serious joke!! I have tried to make contact with the BBB of Florida but not sure if even this will get my money back. I hope all of you are trying to do the same. Vicky-- Illinois

• Ca
      4th of Aug, 2009

yeah i once used to work for the company this is how it goes were telemarketers tru in deed its a script that we read and we say that we are callin from the order confirmation department to verify your order we really upsale you a product once you've answered all questions with a yes ok or correct they bill you 39.95 the same day of verification they say its a 30 day money back guranteed my behind they give u 8669490138 or 8669316793 number to call and cancel it doesnt work at all i decided to come on line n let u guys no i recently had to stop that job because i finally came on line to see the complaints that i een hearing from customers sorry this happened to you all if i can do something about it like the name of the company is impulse marketing its located in pinellas park fl to get u to buy and once we recieved your information tha

• St
      21st of Sep, 2009

DO NOT ORDER ACAI BERRY IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM ONLINE!!! IT IS A SCAM! I ORDERED A TRIAL BOTTLE ON 09/14 FROM ACAI BERRY DETOX. I WAS SUPPOSE TO JUST GET CHARGED SHIPPING AND HANDELING AND I HAD 30 DAYS TO CANCEL SO THEY SAID. WELL I DID CANCEL BUT DID NOT REALIZE THE DAY I PLACED THE ORDER THEY CAHRGED ME .70 FOR SHIPPING AND HANDELING AND ALSO ANOTHER CHARGE OF $86.42!!! I JUST GOT MY STATEMENT AND SAW THE CHARGE TODAY! THEIR WAS A NUMBER LISTED 1866-967-4917. ALL YOU GET IS MUSIC WHEN U CALL!!! I WANDER WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING TO BUST THIS COMPANIES? SO MANY COMPLAINTS FROM PEOPLE ON HERE YOU WOULD THINK HOW THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS ADVERTISEMENTS!!! I LIKE MANY PEOPLE WAS LOOKING FOR A GOOD METABOLISM BOOSTER...I THINK NEXT TIME I WILL STICK TO A GOOD DIET AND EXCERCISE!!!

• Th
      3rd of Oct, 2009

Come on people, where we all born yesterday? You have to out smart there hustle and give them a taste of there same medicine. I can go into this with a richer detial though my time is limited to satay on these such subject matters. To avoid any other future "try before you buy" conflicts simply enlist in the trail with a $10 or so prepaid credit card or gift card.

Good Luck!

-The Wise one

• Sh
      24th of Oct, 2009

i ordered this product 3 months ago and didnt receive my product only to find 3 month later they have taken two lots of 73-92 pounds twice from my account very unhappy as i tried to cancel it 2 days after i orderd it n they said i couldnt cancel unless i had a order number i had to wait 4 my acai berry products to come before i could cancel which would have my order number on ther WHICH never come and they have taken money out of my account and now i cant reach them, please help me get my money back... coutusher@aol.com

• Je
      26th of Nov, 2009

i don't know where you order the product but as Joan said, we should read the "Terms and conditions" before give our money away. Please note that i'm against this kind if sites. They said free a trial period which is a period of three days and day charge you with a 30 days bottle. Any ways read ahead

**********************
    2. ORDERING PRODUCTS THROUGH THE WEBSITE; POLICIES.
    NOTE: All products come with a fifteen (15) day free trial period ("Free Trial") as described in this Agreement. If You have any questions about Our Free Trial, please contact Our Customer Service Department at +48222120179.

A. Free Trial Policy: Our Free Trial policy requires You to understand certain important dates. The policy, and the important dates for You to know, are as follows:
    1. Beginning on the day that You place an order for a product ("Product") from the Website, Your fifteen (15) day Free Trial period begins ("Free Trial Period"). The Free Trial Period is calculated in calendar days, not business days. At the end of your 15 day trial period you will be charged GBP 69.
    2. You will be shipped a thirty (30) day supply of the Product You ordered. Generally, Your Product is shipped 3 to 5 days after placing Your order. Delivery time is subtracted from Your Free Trial Period, and will reduce the number of days allocated to Your Free Trial Period. If You want to extend Your Free Trial Period due to slow postal delivery or delayed pickup, You must call Our Customer Service Department at +48222120179. Reasonable requests (as determined by LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd.) to extend Your Free Trial Period generally will be granted.
    3. If You are satisfied with the Product and wish to continue to receive the Product on a monthly basis, You need do nothing else. Upon the expiration of the Free Trial Period, Your credit card will be billed for the full cost of the Product that You ordered (i.e., a thirty day supply).
    4. On the thirtieth day following the date You first ordered Your Product, LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. will send you another thirty (30) day supply of the Product, and the credit card You provided to us will be automatically billed for the Product.
    5. Unless You cancel this service, every thirty (30) days thereafter LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. will send you an additional thirty (30) day supply of the Product You ordered, and the credit card You provided to us will be automatically billed for the Product.
    6. If You are not satisfied with the Product and wish to cancel future deliveries of the Product, You must call Our Customer Service Department at +48222120179 prior to the expiration of the Free Trial Period and cancel Your order. You need not return the Product to LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. if You cancel within the Free Trial Period.
    Please note, if You fail to call us prior to the expiration of the Free Trial Period, Your credit card will be charged for the Product that was shipped to You.

YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CONSUMER TRANSACTION INVOLVES A NEGATIVE OPTION AND THAT YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF PRODUCT THAT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU, AND FUTURE SHIPMENTS OF PRODUCT, IF YOU FAIL TO NOTIFY US TO STOP SUPPLYING THE PRODUCT TO YOU.

7. Regardless of whether You cancel Your Free Trial in a timely fashion or not, You will be responsible to pay the shipping and handling charges associated with Your Product. You agree that we can charge Your credit card for this amount, and You agree to pay such amount regardless of whether You cancel Your Free Trial in a timely fashion or not. No refunds will be issued for shipping and handling charges.
    B. Cancellation of Orders. If You wish to cancel future deliveries of the Product and You are within the Free Trial Period, then You should follow the procedures described in the preceding section of this Agreement. If You wish to cancel future deliveries of Product outside of the Free Trial Period, then You must call Our Customer Service Department at +48222120179 and request that such future shipments be terminated. When emailing us, please include your full name and address, as well as the name of the Product(s) that You ordered.
    Your request for termination, whether by phone or email, will be processed immediately; however, subject to Our refund policy (described below) You will be responsible for payment for any Product that has either (i) already been shipped to You or (ii) already been delivered to You at the time of Your call.

C. Refunds. We want You to be satisfied with Our Products and Our services; therefore, if You are ever not satisfied with any Product that You ordered, You may call Our Customer Service Department at +48222120179 and request a refund. Our refund policy is as follows:
    1. You may receive a refund of any Product that You ordered up to thirty (30) days after Your order is placed.
    2. Customers are restricted to receiving a single refund per Product ordered. Repetitive refunds are not permitted unless the Product, as delivered to You, is defective. LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. reserves the right to refuse a refund to any customer who repeatedly requests refunds or who, in LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd.’s judgment, requests refunds in bad faith.
    3. In order to process Your refund, You must supply LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. with Your name and delivery address. If You provide us with insufficient or incorrect information, Your refund will be delayed.
    4. Depending on the bank that issues the credit card You used, Your refund can take up to thirty (30) days to appear on Your credit card statement. If You have any questions about whether a refund has been issued by LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd., please call Our Customer Service Department toll-free at +48222120179.
    5. Shipping and handling costs are not refundable.
    D. Credit Card Descriptor. By ordering Products from LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd., You authorize LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. to charge Your credit card accordingly. This authority shall remain in effect until and unless You have cancelled future orders of the Products as described in this Agreement, above. Please be aware that the descriptor (or subject line) that appears on Your credit card entry will refer to LB Envision Net Worldwide Ltd. and include our international customer service number +48222120179.
    E. Modifications. We reserve the right to modify the prices charged for the Products, or to add or remove any Products, from the Website at any time without prior notice to You. Price quotes provided to You prior to any price modification shall be honored.
    F. Billing Errors. If You believe that You have been erroneously billed, please notify Our Customer Service Department at +48222120179 immediately of such error. If We do not hear from You within thirty (30) days after such billing error first appears on any account statement, such fee will be deemed acceptable by You for all purposes, including resolution of inquiries made by Your credit card issuer. You release us from all liabilities and claims of loss resulting from any error or discrepancy that is not reported to Us within thirty (30) days of its publication.
    *********************

i got it from this website: http://www.acaiberryexclusive.com

7th of Jan, 2010

My solution? Pain in the a$$ as it is - canceled my credit card. I called them this AM and found out they'd charged me the original .98 for one bottle, .98 for the other (one the acai berry and the other the roto rooter pills). My wife ordered the same, but got charged more - $3.95 and $1.98.

Then, I started wondering and started checking and I saw the same ad from News6 Reports (Jane Clark) as being from a different reporter, and then another and it was all the identical text ("I poured over research for Acai Berry supplements. Studied 175 different suppliers. Only one supplier was honest, pure and brilliantly trustworthy enough ..." or "For the first time in 3 years I weighed less than 140 lbs. That's pretty good for the first week..), but the names of the pills were different. Checked some more and I saw many of your comments about the inability to get refunds, the additional charges, and I called my credit card company. The ONLY way to keep these people from charging anymore is to cancel the card and get a new account. And that is what I did. You can’t “block” the company because they use different names each time – more later…

Now, if I do not receive the pills (as some of you have) I'll only be out <$10.00. If I do and they work, good, if not, I learned the lesson. And you know, as I kept looking at different sites dealing with the offer, though the narrative for the "IT WORKS!!" spiel was identical, the web links were different, the company names were different and even the charges to my (now defunct) credit card came from three different named companies.

I’m sorry some of you were not able to keep them from charging the $87+ and some of you more than once.

I fell for it - but I think I recovered...

Good luck all.

Santiago

• Im
      26th of Jan, 2010

I'm sorry to say this but I worked for the crappy company that scammed you - Impulse Marketing. I really needed the money so I bit my lip and went along with it. But I was recently laid off along with just about everyone else. Thank god, I was feeling so terrible about what I was doing.

I'm too afraid to give out my real name because they might come after me but I'm posting their info everywhere I can. Impulse Marketing is a boiler room scam that's only into ripping off as many people as possible.

We "upsold" all kinds of stuff, including Acai Berry Detox, by calling people who already bought something similar. The best were old people or guys that sounded out of it. We would just read from a script and get people to agree a couple times on the "free trial". Then the cards would be charged immediately. And we would give phony toll-free customer service numbers to call back that no one answered.

We were told over and over to never mention Impulse Marketing. We were only supposed to say waht was on the script. Some guys got fired for slipping up and mentioning we were from Impulse Marketing because then we could get found. Well I hope that's exactly what happens now.

We never knew the owners names. We only knew them as the bosses. But all of them drove new Escalades, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. One guy just got a Maserati. I heard they even have a company limo. But they treated all the regular workers like crap and paid us only for the time we were actually on the phone talking to someone. If anyone complained, they would fire them for virutally no reason at all.

Well I looked them up on sunbiz.org and found out who the owners are: Joseph A Montalbano, Matthew R Argall and Christopher Reinhold.

Here's the company info:
    Impulse Marketing LLC
    3985 Gateway Center Blvd Suite 200
    Pinellas Park, FL 33782

If your trying to get ahold of them to get your money back or complain to someone, here's numbers that went straight to their offices:
    727-210-4721
    727-210-4715

Like I said, I'm really sorry and I hope this helps anyone whose been ripped off by these guys.

ImpulseMarketingIsAScam

• Na
      24th of Feb, 2010

Iwanted to lose about 20 pounds i have never been able to get rid of. I am a 55 year old Canadian male and moderately physically active, so
    I tried the acai berry/colon cleanse system, and after a week my blood pressure had gone from 120/80 to 160/110 and i had gained almost 8 pounds!!! Also have issues about the company trying to bill by credit card in pounds sterling instead of dollars...on the advice of my medical doctor I have quit using the pills. I am considering ways to sue the company anyone else with similar problems? please email nairbydarb@yahoo.com

• Ow
      29th of Apr, 2010

I too fell for this scam. I ordered the trial system of ACAI and my credit card company (Wells Fargo) blocked me from ordering the second Cleanse system. This put me on an alert mode. I approved the transaction that afternoon and reactivated my visa. But I couldn't sleep well thinking about it . I went back onto the computer. 12:45 am and began reading this blog about people being scammed. I immediately called back VISA and advised them not to put thru the transaction and they are cancelling my existing credit card and will issue me a new one. Wheww... Thanks to you all for posting your comments . I too would of been taken advantage.

• Sc
      10th of May, 2010

BEWARE SCAMMER ALERT!
    Someone needs to nail those Acai/Colon cleanse scammer guys to the wall! I got scammed, stupid me I believing what I read on the internet about both of those supplements. Here is my experience; I saw the add thought it was really from news 6 http://news6health.com/ I know that was so stupid! Ordered the two bottles. Luckily I printed the order confirmation page. Then I did my research (yeah I know A$$ backwards) and came across this site explaining the scam. I had seen that they had authorized the two $5 charges to my card last week but had not actually posted them to my account. I tried calling the customer service numbers on the news6 site and they kept changing from one “different?” supplement company to another with different mailing addresses. As I opened one and called and they denied they where the company. Funny thing they had a similar supplement offering for a “trial time” then they would keep sending you new bottles every month, $10, $20, $60, $90 each. The scammers just don’t give up! Finally I found the customer service number at the bottom of the order confirmation page that I had printed when I ordered. I called it and spoke with Amanda #GS050 she confirmed I had ordered the bottles from them and it was within the 14 day trial period. Customer # 877-529-3745. Then the fun really began. She tried several times to get me to keep the product even went down to $10 per bottle per month. How nice she was to offer me those discounted deals in her broken English accent. She even made me listen to a recording basically begging me to keep the subscription. But I had enough of the games and firmly requested that I wanted to cancel the supplement subscription!!! I also informed her (on the advice of my lawyer) I was recording the call (which I was actually doing on my ipod). Don’t think I will need it but it was fun to listen to her get nervous. And get this, Amanda then said I would need to mail the empty bottles to 7102 West Roosevelt Street, #100 Phoenix AZ 85042. If I did not mail them I would be charged $70, oops she then stuttered and changed it to $90 charge for each bottle. I couldn’t believe the audacity of these people. She didn’t want to give me the company website for “security reasons”. After, I got off the phone I received a confirmation email with the RMA numbers and address to ship to. You can rest assured I will mail them back their bottles of useless supplement. Maybe I will put something fun inside the bottle for them to enjoy. So I then went through the hassle of cancelling my debit card. Yes I was dumb enough to use my actual bank account debit credit card. I was really gullible and almost deserved to get taken. Don’t be fooled, they are scammers. I am grateful you put up this website to warn everyone. I just wish I had read this site earlier and saved me all the hassles! THANK YOU so much!