Acai Berry Breezetrial product

1 Review updated:

I ordered the "free trial bottle" of Acai Berry Breeze as it was advertised on the web site. I received the product within a few short days with few instructions, but a 1-800# and email address. No information was on the flyer in regard to cancellation. Out of curiosity I went back to the web site from where I ordered from and at the very end of the screen was "Terms and Policy" that I clicked on. There it detailed that after "Ordering" the product the consumer has 14 days to cancel the membership or the consumer's credit card would be billed $84.00 and would continue every month. And that after canceling member the consumer has to return the unused product within 30 days.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Scottsdale, AZI contacted the company and was on hold for 10 minutes, but the rep did not give me a hassel in canceling the membership. I did ask him why would I have to return the product when on the web it stated free trial bottle. He stated that the free trial was for 14 days but they send you a month supply and if I wanted to keep the unused product I could pay for that portion which doesn't make sense because in Terms and Policy it stated that the consumer would be charged $84.00.
It's a scam and I don't think the products works. I think that if everyone just drinks a glass of water before every meal you will lose weight . I will be watching my credit card closely. My bank stated that the company tried to run my card 5 times for the trial period shipping and handling. My bank contacted me and put a hold on my account paying further charges. An oversight I am sure.

Comments

Apr 29, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - charging for a product that I do not want
    acai berry breeze

I ordered and payed shipping and handling for acai berry pills They did not make it clear that I was signing up for a 63 .97 a month program . you cannot get in touch with customer service by phone or email to cancel. I took 1 pill and saw that it was garbage. I was scammed,
    ihave to now cancel my debit card and get a new one because i can not stop them from taking money out. can't someone stop these scam artists

• S3
      Apr 29, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - False Advertising
    Charleston
    West Virginia

They say there's a one month FREE trial bottle with shipping. What you don't remember is that the box you have to click before you get that bottle sent to you is that if you don't call to cancel within 14 days of receiving it, they'll charge your credit card for almost $64. To me that isn't FREE at all and that's false advertising! Unless you remember every single word you read in that box, you aren't going to remember that. And how can you possibly know within 14 days if that product is working? You can't! The paper that came with the bottle doesn't remind you of this either. This company shouldn't be allowed to advertise that you get a one month for FREE and someone needs to stop them.

• Do
      May 13, 2009

I had the same problem with Acai Berry Breeze (ABB). they have agreed to cancel my "subscription" but I cannot get a refund for the unwanted product they sent me. the amount charged for this item is extremely unreasonable. the same product is offered at vitamin world for $15 vs. $70 which ABB charges. acai berry breeze is scamming ALL their customers!

• Al
      Jun 30, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - removing 127.00w/out premission
    ALMETTA BELL
    Frisco
    Texas
    Phone: 469/685/7077

I made an order for the Acai Berry Breeze #622225, Because the offer stated that it was a 14day trial. well when I called my bank I see that company has taken $127.00 dallas from my account. when it should have been only $4.98 for S&H. I made this order on 06/25/09 it hasn't been 14days. when I tryed once i did get someone on the phone which takes forever to hear a human's voice. the person(lady) informed me that I could not get my money back If I canceled. The offer is a Lie, and I want my $127.00 replaced into my account.

• Ge
      Jul 06, 2009

i canceled my order or tried to and then was told that i had to return the unused portion of the trial bottles. THat stipulation was not in the original agreement . in the letter to my card company Acai Berry accuses ME of lying to them!! They are a real scam company. and i will NOT pay for the bottle that they are billing me for.

Georgia Row

Jul 08, 2009

i just tried to call the number that was provided and they said it was a life insurance company from Honalulu, Hawaii. i am livid that they took the money out of my accound without my knowing. i am trying my best to figure this out. i will let you know if i can solve this problem.

Jul 08, 2009

ok it's 1.866.421.6554...

Jul 09, 2009

Thank you so much for this information. I was about to order this to see if it worked and if it did then I would have committed to it, and if it didn't, no loss since it says "free" trial. Free trial so you can see the product is reliable before investing $84.00 for nothing. They should be reported for their misleading advertisement. If you have a product that really works, why would you go these misleading efforts unless what you're selling is a piece of ###. If a product is good, it should sell itself. I hope they are burned on this. They probably won't be while they continue to rip off gullible and desperate people who are their wits end in trying to lose weight. I'm sure they sleep well at night.

Jul 09, 2009

To whom it may concern. I fell for this also, but found out the next day they would keep charging your credit card every month because they have your number. I immediately called my credit card co. and cancelled my credit card an received a new number. So far so good !!

Jul 10, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I am not some young kid who falls for everything. I've been burned before and I'm extremely careful when ordering free trials. I did NOT catch their tiny little terms and conditions about the 14 days. I called on the 15th day and talked to 3 different people who seemed to be trained to do nothing but cut you off and refuse your plea's for a refund. I asked why I could not return the bottle on the 15th day, and they said "Because it's a 14 day trial, not a 15 day trial." Obviously a line they've developed after taking hundreds of calls like this. The only comfort I have is that they will not be in business for long - not with the public relations they're creating. I hope everyone on this board talks to EVERYONE about this company!

• Da
      Jul 11, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - UNAUTHORIZED BILLING
    ACAI BERRY BREEZE
    3370 N.Hayden Rd., Suite 123-180
    Phone: [protected]/[protected]

I ordered the free trial bottle...it arrived in a couple of days...never opened it ...left for vacation. While doing some online banking on vacation, I noticed I had been billed for $83.95 for more of this stuff...this charge caused an overdraft on my acct. I've never received these additional bottles and as I call the ph# given I can never reach anyone to take my calls...I called my bank and they will NOT allow any further payments to be withdrawn from my acct. This 'free trial offer' has brought much distress...now more disputing must be done !..and from what I read on the complaint line, I am only one of MANY who are disturbed about how deceiving this product is. Its too bad, because I have heard many great things about the REAL product found through legit means. I'm also being charge an 'international fee' and I thought this came from AZ.

Jul 12, 2009

It may be somewhat misleading, but how can you sit and cry for a refund if it's listed in the terms and conditions? A trial is exactly that, a trial. No where on that website do I read anything that says free SAMPLE, it's a trial. You try out the product for 14 days, if you don't like it and don't want to purchase it, you send it back. Pretty clear to me? Why on Earth would any of you give out your credit card information before reading the terms and conditions? I even went to the website, and when you're putting in your information, the terms and conditions are listed right there in 12 point font. It definitely is a bit shady, but there is nothing fraudulent about it. You're responsible for reading before agreeing to something, shame on you.

• Da
      Jul 13, 2009

Exactly happened to me. I just want a FREE trail bottle and I paid for shipping one time ONLY, but I noticed I had been billed for $83.95 for more of this stuff...this charge caused an overdraft on my acct. I tried to call this number [protected]. Also try to log on the website www.berryslim-trail.com but could NOT reach anyone nor could I cancel it through the website

• Ta
      Jul 13, 2009

i want to cancel i don't want this product anymore i ordered it without knowing the ingredients in this pill so please cancel any future orders i had used my debit card do not charge it i have a heart condition and can't take this product my name is tammy aiken i live at 9 turnpike road turners falls thank you

Jul 13, 2009

Report this scam to the FTC at www.FTC.gov and the Federal Bureau of Investigations: www.ic3.gov

Also to the Attorney General of your state.

• Fo
      Jul 13, 2009

WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO JOIN ME IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS ### COMPANY??

Sammie, I DID read the 'terms and conditions' carefully, because I am SOOO wary of these so called 'free' bottles...NO WHERE did I read anything about '14 days and then we stick you for $84 per bottle'..it was just NOT there, at least, not on the page I bought from. I WAS LOOKIN CAREFULLY for such a 'catch'...

When I saw a total of $172.10 stolen from my account today ($83.95 per bottle, Acai Berry Breeze and companion Colon Cleanse 3000, plus a mysterious $2.10 'international fee' per bottle), I called them today and was told about this '14 day free trial period'...this was my first knowledge of it...it was NOT in the terms/conditions, and it was NOT in ANY literature that came with the product. I have been ripped off.

I am currently gathering the URL of EVERY site I can find online promising this 'free bottle..you pay only shipping and handling" (and there are plenty of them). If you end up having to PAY for it (a whopping 83.95 per bottle), then it is NOT FREE...now IS it???

I believe there is a strong case for fraud and deceptive advertising, and I think this could be a big case for the legal firm that will take it.

SO...IF ANY OTHERS OF YOU WHO WERE RIPPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ME IN THIS CLASS ACTION SUIT, PLEASE EMAIL LAURA AT [protected]@AOL.COM. I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS...ANY LEGAL HELP/ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Jul 13, 2009

The add said that the product was a free trial. It did not say anything about the $83.95 cents per product. They got the bank card information for the shipping only. They said nothing about the other charges. Then the charges showed up on my bank statement.

• Je
      Jul 17, 2009

for those of you trying acai berry and rezVclear youcan call this number to cancell future shipments [protected] you may have to wait 5 or 10 min to talk to someone but they will answer. JM tyra in missouri.

• Ju
      Jul 17, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - unauthorized charge
    ACAI Berry Breeze
    Arkansas

I ordered and postage of $1.95 for a free trial bottle of ACAI BERRY BREEZE. Approximately 10 days after I receved the bottle they have debited my debit card for$87.13. When I call them they say they have not done this. On my bank statement it says Rain Forrest Berry. Please tell me what my next step should be.b2dd3

• Cr
      Jul 18, 2009

This company is NOT in Arizona. They use a proxy domain registrar in Arizona--a company that allows them to register their Internet domain privately and without disclosing the company's address, principal owners, or contact information in public as required with most commercial domain registrations. The company they register through is as follows:
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DETOX-CLEANSE.COM
    Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration DETOX-CLEANSE.[protected]@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Colon-cleanse 3000 is actually operating from an island in the Caribbean called Nevis in a town called Charlestown in the Island Federation of Saint Kitt and Nevis. Their information is purported from their main homepage to be:
    Colon-cleanse 3000
    Customer Support: [protected]
    Offices at: PO BOX 642, Main Street, Charlestown, Nevis, East Caribbean

First, I would report the credit card that was used for the initial payment as lost, or simply cancel it. A "Lost" card report will treat subsequent transactions as potential fraud perpetrated by the finder, so be careful if you have legitimate charges pending against it. Contact those payees and make other payment arrangements with them once you block the card you used.

Next, contact the Colon-cleanse 3000 company at the phone number they provide. If you don't get through, you still practiced your due-diligence of attempting to cancel the order and you can note this in case they try to contact you for payment down the road or attempt collection against you.

Third, and almost as important as protecting your own credit, I would suggest an effective method of stopping this kind of practice would be by filing a complaint at the Federal Trade Commission at:
    You can use the option "other" as the type of complaint and explain their misleading tactics in the paragraph you are allowed to send the FTC in your complaint.

Jul 19, 2009

Rain Forrest Berry was the name on my cc # also. but the company is going by many many names.. contact Better Business to try to get your money back, and it would be wise to cancel this cc # and get another one, they will continue to with draw this amount every week or month, , by the way not only was I charged I never even got the product . Also I have read through many of the complaints, some are getting sick from the product and have gained not lost weight.,

• De
      Jul 20, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - shipment
    acai berry breeze
    Wisconsin

I ordered the trial size. Just $4.95 worth a try right?
    Doesn't work as stated and to top it off...low and behold an auto shipment
    comes in my mail. It's been charged to my account and no one answers the number.
    then, the recording gives an email address (which doesn't work). All the package insert
    says is item is non refundable when shipped!
    I didn't even know it was going to ship since I did not sign up for it.
    I need to know how in the world I get my name off their mailing list so I don't
    get any more shipments!
    Any help is appreciated!

• Me
      Jul 21, 2009

Hi...it happened to me Saturday and that is why I am collecting all of this info to take them to court. The only way I was able to get them to act fast and at least stop the membership was by contacting Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint. I filed the complaint this morning before work. When I got home this evening I had a response from BBB and AcaiBerryBreeze stating that they are canceling my membership. I was able to get thru this morning to them, but I received the same results as all of you, no help whatsoever as if they were veterans in responding to these types of responses. Yes, I am still pursuing my 84.62 that they charged to my card. But you better cancel your card. That is your only protection without all of the legal fees that you would incur by taking them to court. I know I am going to win in court and if I don't we will get a classaction lawsuit because I have printed up all of their lies and have been busy on the internet and other resources with gathering up the eveidence that proves our case. Sorry that it happened to you. We all should file complaints with BBB so that they can have a worse wrap than they already have. Their rating with BBB, by the way, is F. 65 complaints in 12 months, mostly in the last 3 months! It's horrible. They have even invented key search words that when you google Acai Berry Breeze Scams, the first 3 or 4 hits you get is them disquising themseles as rating companies who eventually talk really good about themselves (the product) and lead you right to their original site that frauded you in the first place. It's pitiful.

Jul 24, 2009

I too fell victim to this "free trial offer" I never received the trial offer! On the 9th of July I get hammered for $83.95. When I called to complain I was on hold for 15 minutes, and when I finally did get to talk to someone (Brandon) was told I had called the wrong company (even though I got the telephone number from the info supplied through my bank) I was told the same thing as many others... 14 trial period, I needed to returned the product, etc etc etc. Keep in mind I've NEVER received the trial offer or a first bottle. YESTERDAY a 2nd bottle was sent and my card charged for $88.90. I finally got through to someone and I"m suppose to be receiving a refund of $83.95 and once the 2nd bottle arrives (if it ever does) I amto return it for a full refund... yea right! My bank told me these sorts of companies use slightly different names and slightly different amounts each month so that we can't "stop payment"...(the recurring amounts won't match month to month).. I'm pissed!

• Ka
    Acai Berry Breeze - Withdrawling funds
    Karen Huber
    Wausau
    Wisconsin

I too fell for this free trial for one month. They took out of my Visa $4.95 plus $0.5 on 7/24/09 I ordered this they said it would arrive in the 28th. Never happend and came on 8/1/09 Reviewing my bank account my husband said what the heck it ACAI Berry. I told him and he said you paid $83.95 and $0.84 for one bottle? I said now just the sample bottle is all I was to be charged for and that was $4.95 +$0.5 Then I was to cancle in 14 days. Well it has not been 14 days and they had no right to charge me for this bottle or another that may be on the way. I have been calling and emailing and no answer. I want my money credited back to my account right NOW!

• Wa
      Aug 10, 2009

Here is my post from another board:

Their number at [protected] is currently disconnected. I got a new number [protected] from this complaint board

and got thru to (though they refer to themselves when you call as rezVclear) and i told the girl I was trying to get ahold of Berry Breeze and she said yes, and verified my info.

What I did with Colon Cleanse 3000 and Acai Berry Breeze is talk nicely, and verify my information on file with them, such as my address, to confirm they had me in their system. Ask them politely for a tracking number for your trial shipment. They will both say they can't give it to you yet because they don't have it, and you can call and get it in a few days once it's on its way. In this case, ask them if they can tell you who it will be shipped by (FedEx, USPS, DHL) so you can watch out for the package. I also asked to confirm the order number incase (6 digit code from the webpage), and they did confirm each time. Once you have made sure they know who you are, STING THEM WITH A CANCELLATION. Tell them that is your confirmed and clear declaration that you would like to cancel your trial membership and all future shipments and inquiries. Tell them all boxes sent to your address will be refused and returned to sender unopened. They told me they understood and that they will inactivate my account and that I will no longer be receiving orders. I asked them clearly to double check that I am cancelling my subscription, and once the product is returned, I am not held liable based on their Terms and Agreements and she said yes, that's clear. I also told her that if I see any additional charges on my account, that I will have my bank get in touch with them as I have cancelled within my 14 days and she said she understood. I asked them both for a cancellation or confirmation number confirming I had deactivated my account and cancelled. Colon Cleanse 3000 said I would get it in the mail. Acai Berry Breeze said I would get an email. We'll see.

Make sure you are VERY NICE when you start. Get their name. At the end of the call, I even told them I was recording t so they know I have this all on file.

I have cancelled the number i used on my card, and made my bank aware I was suspicious of a fraudulent company. They told me that as long as I followed the direction on the Terms and Agreements (to cancel within 14 days of the order purchase), and I have email proof, and verified phone call times and names, that they can look into this issue further from the bank's side if Acai Berry Breeze or Colon Cleanse 3000 try to hold me liable for more money.

Make sure all packages sent to you are REFUSED and RETURNED TO SENDER no matter what. Ask the postman to leave you a note saying you refused a package from the sender (whoever they are). They might ship from a different name then what you purchased.

Good luck!

• Wa
      Aug 10, 2009

I just received a cancellation from Acai Berry Breeze!!!

XnameX,

Your Acai Berry Breeze Membership, order number (Xyour order #X), has been cancelled effective 8/10/2017.

If you would like to review the terms that were listed when ordering please go to: https://www.acaiberrybreeze.com/corder.php

-Acai Berry Breeze Support

I removed my name for MY security. Good luck everyone!

• Sg
    Acai Berry Breeze - Unathorized Charges
    3370 N. Hayden Rd. Suite 123-180 Scottsdale, AZ 85251
    Phone: [protected]

Horrible company to do business with, their FREE trial isn't free and the no strings attached addige does not apply. I was charged three subsequent times for product I never received. The first bottle of product came to me just fine and then the others not being delivered was all put on the USPS, which when I contacted them was very helpful! I am still waiting for a refund! Long wait times when you call, dealing with people that don't know how to help you and supervisors that are less than helpful if you can ever talk to them are just a few of my complaints!

• Ju
    Acai Berry Breeze - Deceptive advertizing
    Phone: [protected]
    berry-trials.com

This is a total scam. Buyer beware. I learned my lesson the hard way. The trial for this product starts when your credit card is charged. Not from the date that you receive, if you receive, the product. So you may only have a few days to "trial" the product and call to cancel your memebership. This is a very deceptive company. They do not have a refund policy and so you are stuck with the $83.95 charge if you do not call within the 14 days. They are sure quick to charge your card on day 15. The charge showed on my card today. I also ordered the colon cleanse 3000 and my card was chared 2 days after the acia berry breeze for the shipping costs. Thank God for that because I was able to cancel that membership before I got charged another $83.95. I never received my product, yet I am still accountable. They offered to ship me another bottle which I did not want, but was still responsible for the $83.95 because of the "fine print" that most people do not read or in my case did not see. Please read these posts before buying and save yourself the hassle of dealing with these unprofessional people. They are very rude and when you ask for a supervisor they tell you to call back and wait 40 minutes or a supervisor will call you back. They called back alright, just to tell that I agreed to the revolving charge on my card after the 14 day trial was up. Somehow I managed to get $50.00 back with lots of arguing. It's my responsibility to follow-up with the post office regarding the loss of the package I'm accountable for. Please do not use this product. They are making a mint of poor souls looking for a quick way to lose weight. Not worth the hassle. They have no website to go to, no confirmation email is sent incidcating your purchase and the only phone number that I found was after I googled the company that showed up on my credit card statement. That website only gives you an email address and phone number, nothing else. Do not make the same mistake I and so many others have made.

• Fr
      Aug 11, 2009

If you want to lose $83 sign up for the FREE product!!!

• Et
      Aug 18, 2009

If anyone has been sucked into tha Acai Berry Breeze scam, the only way you can stop them from charging you each month is to cancel your credit card! DO IT NOW!!! It's worth the hassel!

• Wi
      Aug 18, 2009

Just received my cancellation confirmation. You are right! the site you are directed to for reference is a completely different site than the "trial offer" site. Yes it is clearly written that you will be charged on the 2nd site. But cleverly hidden on the original trial offer site. Buyer beware...Please don't give them access to your credit cards or bank account numbers. These people are dispicable!

• Ha
    Acai Berry Breeze - Ordered Product 8 days ago, have not received
    Missouri

I ordered Acai Berry Breeze 8 days ago, 8/11/09, and have not received the product yet. Toaday is 8/19/09. When I found out that you have 14 days to cancel the order, I tried to call the number given to cancel and could never get in. Mind you, I have not yet received the product, but I want to cancel right away. I have been trying to call for about 4 days now. I will continue to try and call.

• Ab
      Aug 19, 2009

I just posted about the Acai Berry Detox...seems there is a lot of this Acai Berry scams going on. Here is what I posted :

I wish I had seen your posts before I got suckered in by them! Thanks to a add on WEATHERBUG...they should have to remove all scams from their advertising.

I ordered the "FREE" sample on 7/30/09. Come 8/14/09 it still wasn't here. So I cancelled my account with them. The product arrived on 8/17/09 - on 8/19/09 I was doing online banking...only to find my account had been charged the $87.13. I called them immediately. Only to find that I didn't cancel within 15 days of the initial order, so I must therefore pay for it. Now if I want a refund I'm suppose to return the product to them. WITHOUT EVEN TRYING IT!

I had tried the juice, liked it, thought the pills would be easier. Had no intention of not staying with it. But NOW after seeing how they scam people I want NOTHING to do with their company!

• Ab
      Aug 19, 2009

Well Acai Berry Detox pulls the same scam! This is what I posted earlier on that discussion...

• Li
      Aug 19, 2009

I had the exact same thing happen to me - so now there is nothing we can do? We just have to eat the $172 ?? I can't beleive this - I am livid! What a stupid scam. If anyone knows of how to reverse these charges please let me know. It's not like I have $170 to throw around right now.

• Di

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for putting your comments here. The same thing happened to me, I am probably going to have to pay the 83.+$ - I cancelled my card as soon as I saw that - I recommend it to everyone else, although it involves some effort. I have also written to them cancelling and told them I will pursue this - my bank allows you to try to complain, and I will try to get the money bank - though it seems unlikely. Live and learn, there is obviously nothing really for free out there!

• He
    Acai Berry Breeze - NOT A FREE TRIAL
    Acai Berry Breeze

I bought this for their FREE trial for 4.95 shipping, turns out they consider the day you order the start of the trial. I ordered on August 6th, received the product on August 15th, and today found a charge for $83.95. I called them, and said, how can you charge me when I have only had the product 6 days? The said as a consideration on THEIR part they will give me a PARTIAL refund of 54.95. So I am out 29$ !!!

DONT BUY THIS IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

• Aw
      Aug 21, 2009

I too unwittingly ordered this free trail. I never received the product and was promised that the order was cancelled after three calls. They never produced a tracking number or answered my email or sent a confirmation email of the cancellation, though one was promised. Do not order this product. I was charged $4.95 plus an international purchase fee of $0.40. I called my bank immediately, and they deactivated my card number so that they can't charge it again. The bank says they send me a new card with a new number.

Aug 22, 2009
    Acai Berry Breeze - Unauthorized Withdrawal
    Arizona

I ordered the free trial, and quite honestly, the stuff doesn't work. So, I was glad that I didn't pay anything for it. When checking the balance in my checking account, I discovered that $83.95 had been withdrawn from my account. The bank gave me a phone number on the transaction. I got through to someone, but he said that it was my tough luck. I'm out $83.95 but he would cancel the account (We'll see if that happens). I want my $83.95 back. I read the terms before I ordered it and I didn't see this $83.95 charge. Personally the stuff is worth 83 cents!!