Acai berry blast trial offer / could not cancel

Phone: 1 (866)611-6885 or 6895

I ordered the *free* trial offer of Acai Berry Blast that showed up in a brown package with just my address and the pill bottle inside with no information. I was completly unsatisfied with the product that was supposed to give you energy and help you lose weight.
When I called to cancel no one answered the phone, it kept routing me from line to line with no answer. Finally I called the sales department after 4 hours of trying to reach someone at customer service, I waited another 20 minutes before I reached someone in customer service where they told me I could not cancel by telephone (which it clearly states in thier terms and conditions to call and cancel before the next shipment can be billed) I had to go to a website and submit a ticket. I was confused why I couldn't cancel by phone but so irritated that I had spent all morning trying to cancel that I didn't put up much of a fight. The web address that they gave me did not work. I called back and waited another hour before I could reached someone and they gave me another web address that seemingly had nothing to do with the other.
Irritated I called my bank and told them what was going on, I was immediatly advised to cancel my debit card, the person I talked to at my bank said they were giving me the run around and it looked like a scam, If they wanted the cancelation fee they could reach me by phone.
They called when thier charges did not go through on my card, and wanted another card to put it on, they said they could not send me an invioce by mail because they "don't do that", also telling me they were charging me for another bottle because I had failed to cancel my account in the given time period.
I am at a loss what to do with these people, they make it impossible to cancel, or even reach anyone who is helpful in assisting you.
I can say I am never doing a Free Trial offer with anything again, its totally bogus.

Je

Comments

• Si
      9th of Apr, 2009

I am having the similar problem. Wish I had read your post earlier.
    ACAI BERRY BLAST IS A SCAM!
    I was very puzzled when I receive the product thru EMS from CHINA !
    I supsected the content of the bills are just some chinese medicine powder or could be worst!
    At the end, I wasted US$109.90 for 30 bills of "ACAI BERRY BLAST" and a big lesson not to get FREE item onlin!

Reminder to all, there's no proper approval from any Health Authorithies.
    Those wanting to try ACAI BERRY - BEWARE!
    Those who has registered, please inform your bank to BLOCK that card NOW!

From SINGAPORE

• Ci
      17th of Apr, 2009

This company is a SCAM. I have been trying to call to cancel my order and all the message is saying is that the mailbox is FULL.

I got the package and there was NO return information on it. They send you e-mails stating that they want a new CC # on file but they won't return my calls or e-mails. F-That!!!

I called the BBB and they are not even listed with them. Does anyone know how we can report these dumb people???

THE WORST THING THAT I EVER DID.

M&C from Tustin, CA

• Ju
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I'm having the same problem. They say it is a 15 day free trial. I didn't receive the products until day 14 and then only had a chance to take 2 tablets before they inform me they are billing me $AUS111.38. I emailed them several times saying I wasn't happy and that I didn't want anymore and wanted to cancel any so-called membership. I also requested they refund me. They won't give me a returns address or number. Today I received a further charge on my credit card for $AUS122.93 and three emails thanking me for my continued support! After I'd emailed them nine times requesting cancellation! How stupid, sly and deceitful are these people!!

• Le
      26th of Apr, 2009

I too am having the same drama's! They do not return my emails and when I 1st receive the product they had already charged my card $114 cause they had not heard from me after the 15th day. When I received the product in 'the bag' with no sender details nor phone numbers or even a packing slip for that matter 'just exactly who would I have been calling to advise them I did not want to persue with this product. I've now emailed several times and just over the weekend received another email saying 'thank you for my continued support' and they've now charged my card $79.95 (US) for my SUBSCRIPTION??? WTF
    I've advised my bank but I'll be so pissed if my card isn't credited.
    What's also worse is that I found out I was pregnant whilst these were still in the mail coming to me so I havn't even opened the dam bottles in fear it may do harm... alas though, I don't have an address to return it too!

• Ab
      28th of Apr, 2009

Hi Everyone
    I too have been scammed! I have been charged around nearly 3oo Euro and received nothing. I have contacted them by email and also phoned them but no one ever gets back to me. I only get a auto email which Congradulates me on purchasing more Acai Berry.
    I am so annoyed.
    I have cancelled my Visa but the last payment still went through as I think it has to do with overseas and the time difference it takes to come out of the account!
    I have emailed and emailed..
    We have all been scammed!. It makes me so mad.
    I work so hard for my money and to think some lazy idiot is stealing from us all

• Pa
      5th of May, 2009

Hi all!! sad to say that I am in the same exact situation. I've received my "free" trial and I payed the shipment fee. Then I got this e-mail saying that since they've not heard from me, they'd charge me $80 more.
    So, I started trying to contact them by e-mail and by phone. Like you all, NO ANSWER... After that I got another e-mail abot some membership, the next shipping and of course, MORE CHARGES. I received the second bottle, with no sender information, etc, etc. I wnet to the bank to cancel the charge, and they did so, but I cant' keep getting the pills, the e-mails informing me about the charge and going to the bank to cancel them... becuase nobody is answering the phone or returning the calls and e-mails.
    I feel so stupid but all I want to to do now is to cancel that "membership". If somebody can, please tell me how: paurdz@hotmail.com I don't want to block my credit card...

• Pa
      8th of May, 2009

Hi! I was in the same situation, Acai Berry Blast is a Sacam... I ordered it, it arrived more than 15 days after i ask for it and they had alredy charged me another 80 dollars before it arrived... i sent about 3 mails complaining and asking information and of course no answer, then they charged me another 85 dollars and i Finally called my bank explain them the situation they changed me the number of my credit card and then i explained them that i have only authorized the first charge (for the shipping) i dont know what they did but they could refund me the other charges. So thanks God it went ok!! except for the bad time...

• Di
      25th of May, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM BLACK, AND GUESS WHAT? I AM IN THE SAME ###ING SITUATION, UR IN, THESE ###ERS THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS ###, I BROUGHT MY ### 2 WEEKS AGO, YES I TOOK IT OFF FROM THE FREE TRAIL ONLINE THING, AND ON THE SAME DAY I BROUGHT IT ONLINE FOR 5 DOLLARS, I READ THE ### TERMS AND AGREEMENT, AND THEY TOLD ME THAT AFTER 14 DAYS THEY WILL CHARGE ME 89.95 A MONTH, LIKE WTF, SO I EMAILED THEM IN A HURRY TO CANCEL MY ORDER, THERE WASN'T ANY REPLY BACK TO ME, AND THERE WAS ANY NUMBER I COULD REACH THEM, I JUST GOT MINE, ON FRIDAY, AND IM LIKE WHAT THE ###, DIDN'T I JUST CANCEL THIS ###, AND I JUST RECEIVED THEM FROM CHINA, I COULD READ THE WORDS, BECAUSE THEY WERE IN CHINESE, IT WAS A ###ING TOTALLY SCAM, THEY ARE TRYING TO HUMILIATE US PEOPLE, THIS IS A ###ING FRAUD THAT ARE TRYING TO PLAY GAMES WITH OUR MONEY, AND THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR THIS MESS. FOR THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO LOSE WEIGHT, TAKE IT FOR MY OPINION, I RECOMMEND, ANYONE, ANYONE, HAVE A NICE BALANCE DIET AND EXERCISE DAILY, AND STICK WITH IT, THATS IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT, AND DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER, I MEAN SERIOUS, THIS ACAI BERRY BLAST OR PROGRAM, THERE ARE NO WHERE ON THE MARKET, AND I DON' THINK THEY WILL BE, AND THEY SAY THAT U HAVE TO BUY THEM OFF THE INTERNET, DON'T FALL FOR THEM, IT IS A TOTAL SCAM, AND I HAVE DEF., LEARNED MY LESSON, AND I AM SOO MAD, BUT I REALLY DON'T HAVE A REG. CREDIT CARD, I HAVE A STUDENT'S CHECK CARD, IDK IF THEY ARE WILLING TO TAKE MONEY FROM THERE, BUT I WILL CALL MY BANK TELLING THEM WHAT HAPPEN, AND HOPEFULLY, THEY WILL CANCEL MY CARD, SO THESE ###ING FRAUD, WON'T STEAL ANY OF MY ###ING MONEY. ###ING ### I SWEAR. AGAIN, DON'T BUY ANY DIET PILLS OR ANYTHING OFF THE INTERNET, I RECOMMEND, ANY MARKETING STORES, LIKE WALMART, WALGREENS, OR RITE AID, OR GNC, AND THATS ALL, ANYTHING THAT IS A TOTALLY NO!!! TAKE IT FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND ANYONE WHO HAS HAD THE SAME EXACT DILEMMA.

• Vi
      27th of Jul, 2009

i m d latest victim of this acai berry blast. it stated that they will charged only shipping which is USD5.95 or something but instead i was charged USD59.90 for d acai berry blast & colon cleansing something - to be taken together for better effect. it stated there a 30 day money back guarantee. when i finally received the package & stated FROM CHINA?! & d bottles don't even resemble those on the website & i got suspicious! i did not consume any of the pills. i thought, damn it i got cheated but because its already been charged to my card, i told myself thats it i will not order online again! it just so happen i was doing online banking n checked my statements n then BAM! a charge of USD159.90 from CHINA?! i got really suspicious & tried to contact my bank immediately. as i m on holiday in singapore & my card is issued in dubai, i had to make many international calls trying to get my card blocked immediately! as many of u already did.. i did d same! i emailed them n get no reply! now im liaising with my bank making all this unnecessary international calls n faxes for this dispute! PLEASE CALL YOUR BANK IMMEDIATELY TO BLOCK YOUR CARD! thats d best solution.

• Ki
      10th of Aug, 2009

This is also my problem. I recieved the 15 day free trial product on the 14th day. I had already made arrangements by phone and told the operater that I was going to send the product back. I recieved the product in a plain brown box, with information inside, I mailed it back and they have not credited my account. They withdrew the money on the 15th day which was the next day after recieving the product in the first place.
    I tried calling the toll free number that was referenced on my account number (800-236-1042). The number is automated and it answers as the Louisiana Department of Revenue, saying that it will route me to a representative, it never does. After a few seconds of holding it just hangs up on me. Now I don't know what to do. The only reason I was cancelling is because I found the product in the store for much, much cheaper than the 82.00 that they charged me.
    I don't know what else to do. Frustrated and Angry

• Cu
      10th of Aug, 2009

hello, another person scammed by the acai berry stuff. I ordered the Elite Acai Blast 15 day trial and got it within three days. I was surprised but the two days I took the pills I was sick to my stomach, had bad stomach cramps, trouble sleeping and other discomforts.They also charded me a different amount than what they said on their web site. I tried calling and couldn't get ahold of anybody for a few days so I canceled my card. when I called the third day I did get a hold of someone but they told me they don't do refunds except on the trial. I pointed out that their refund and exchange policy says a refund on all products within 15 days of being shipped out an doesn't mention it only applying to trials. So I asked for a return merchandize Authorization number and they wouldn't give me one because they insisted they didn't do refunds, so I'm doing a fraud investigation with the bank and getting the B.B.B. and AG involved. I'm also finding out if there are any class action lawsuites involving the company. In the end I win, they loose.

• It
      19th of Aug, 2009

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov. Click on Complaint Assistant and fill out the form. The more people who do, the more they will hear and begin to seriously investigate this company, their business practices, and its relationship with China. I am so not happy with what I just went through, and the fact that I spent a countless amount of time talking to unconcerned individuals who knew they would never do any of things they said. No cancellations, no refund departments, nothing. I got names and employee ID numbers, but no one can ever locate the employee, no one ever made any notes in the system, and all the emails come from a gmail account. Absolutely horrifying. I am glad I used a card that I could easily cancel without disrupting my day to day financial life. For internet purchases, I would advise all to do the same.

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2009

same here i called 4 times each time being told it was canceled guess what next month more charges went to bank canceled card but screwed on money lost because any thing done electronically can not be canceled i no the govarment monitors the internet so please guys do something so no more people get screwed.

• Re
      11th of May, 2010

Omg you guys!!! I was just about to order this thank goodness. But I have a question about the Advanced Coloh trail for $4.95.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THAT IS A SCAM TOO. I SEE IT ON A NEWS ARTICLE CHANNEL 6 I THINK. LET ME KNOW ASAP!!