Acai Berry - Advanced Wellness Research / Cannot be operating legally - SCAM

1 Alexandria, VA, United States Review updated:

I ordered the 30-day trial of Pure Acai Berry capsules for $4.95 shipping to hopefully help with extreme fatigue. Just after receiving the product, I was diagnosed with LUPUS and have been undergoing a number of medical exams. So, I haven't even been able to try the product yet (unopened). Then I get my credit card statement that has charged me $78.81. I then received a new shipment of the Acai Berry which I did not order. On the same credit card statement, they charged me $83.80. I called customer service and was told that I could return 2nd bottle for full credit but not the trial bottle. After 45 minutes on the phone and constant requests to speak to supervisors, managers, they agreed to give me a $50 credit for the 1st trial bottle (deducting the cost of what they say is the "14-day trial period"). I finally spoke with a "Floor Manager". They refused to give me a mailing address for their corporate office and/or the name of the president of the company. They refused to give me the name of the Floor Manager's supervisor. Can any agency do something about this? If not, can "victims" file a class action suit? What remedies are available to the public?

Kathi

Comments

• Al
      21st of Mar, 2009

I am a retired attorney and this company is the perfect scenario for a class action lawsuit. Class action is appropriate when the losses for individuals are relatively small [not enough for one person to sue] but MANY are affected. You should, at least, contact an attorney who handles such claims. Attorneys usually handle this on a contingency basis [ a % of what they win and collect]
    My understanding after researching the internet complaints and the BBB is that there are thousands of people who have been taken by this company. That should be enough to certify a class and a lawsuit to proceed. We are blessed to have only loss ten dollars but VISA advised us we had to cancel our cards and get new one in order to stop unauthorized charges...You should do this or block any more bank charges...you must take action...I also have my trial product unopened, but I dare not even try it; there is no way to know what those pills contain except for the label, but when you are dealing with a company you believe is intrinsically dishonest, you do not trust the labels...

• Wa
      21st of Mar, 2009

the same thing has happen to me, but I never recived the pills but got charged 4.99 for shipping and handling. and the same month I was charged 79.95 then the next month the charge my account 85.91 I had to have my debit card cancel so they would quite charging my account. I went to my bank about it and they said as long as the company has my card number they will keep doing it.so they sugested I shut down my card and they will issue me a new with a different number. It is a fraud.big time. I can't find a phone number for them .

• Uo
      6th of Jul, 2009

This also happened to my college aged daughter when she ordered the Acai Berry from Advanced Wellness Research's website. They charged her account twice for about $80.00. On top of that, her bank charged her $140 in overdraft fees as a direct result of this company taking her money out of her account. Now, I'm out more than $300! I am furious and want this money back. I would be willing to go into a class-action suit with others against this company.

• He
      31st of Jul, 2009

They have just done the same thing to me. I just got off the phone and they refused to accept my explanations that I sent a letter requesting to stop any further shipments. If they wanted the trial bottle back I would send it to them Heard nothing tried numerous times to reach them by phone but was put on hold and today was the first time I spoke to a person. I also spoke to a manager who was as nasty as can be. I have also sent an e-mail to Rachael Ray who is endorsing this product. Let me know if anyone goes with a class action suit. I also tried the colon product and cannot get them to stop sending me there product.