Acai Berries / scam

1 NC, United States Review updated:

i hate to say it, but it does state in the bottom that if you don't cancel within 14 days you will charged 86.91 or whatever. I mean that in itself is a red flag. Shipping may delay trail. Doesn't that sound a bit funny. That state they there are featured on rachel ray, but they word it properly they say ACAI BERRY not the actual name of their products. I hate to sound like such a smartass bc i hate smartasses. but the real way to successful weight loss is commitment and lifestyle changes not some magic pills. Besides if acai berries are so great and have so many wonderufl nutrients and health benefits, why not just go buy the berries and eat them. :/ should work the same oh thats right thats add lots of caffeines and chemicals they prob mess up your hormones :/

Comments

• Va
      5th of Sep, 2008
    Acai Berries - Fraud
    Acai Berries
    PureAcaiBerries.com

I had responded to an email with a link taking me to a website: www.PureAcaiBerries.com; there they promised a free bottle of this new health fad if I just paid postage of $4.87. I authorized this particular payment, wanting to try the product, but before even getting my so-called free bottle of acai capsules, I found out they had charged my debit card a whopping $74.76 WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION!!!

When I tried to call their 1-800 number, it was not functioning to take messages. I have since then sent a contact message from their website and am waiting their response.

• Ba
      5th of Sep, 2008

Exact same experience. Tell exeryone to stay away from this "free" offer. It is a gimmick and impossible to get thru on tyhe 800 number and when you do your are told the charges cannot be reversed!

• Ri
      19th of Sep, 2008
    Acai Berries - Fraud
    4641 Hwy 35 No.
    Columbia
    Mississippi
    Phone: 601-441-1030

I ordered what I thought was a free sample on two products acaiberrie colon cleanse and a nutritional supplement one was $198 S&H the other was $5.95 S&H with no further product necessary to order. The company just took $74.95 from my checking account through my dedit card which I used for the original product. The product did not do as claimed. When they sent the product there was nothing in the container accept the peoduct no return instructions no return address ect. I just recieved the unautherized product yesterday that I was charged for, With no return address or directions. I called and they said I agreed to pay if I did not cancel with in 10 days after recieving the original sample I did not. I went back to the web site I ordered from and now!!! this agreement is at the very bottom of the prder page. however it was not there when I ordered They must have gotten in trouble about it and changed it.

23rd of Sep, 2008
    Acai Berries - not able to cancell
    Acai Berries Performance
    California
    Phone: 1888-289-8740
    gohealthnow.com

I tried a trial free bottle and did not authorize anything else. They sent a home delivery bottle and charged my VISA and every time I call to cancell it's a 35 to 45 minute wait and I never get through to anyone. I want the home delivery cancelled and them to stop billing my card.

Sincerely.
    Josephine Almanza
    joalmanza@sbcglobal.net or
    josiealmanza@gmail.com (this one will be my new e-mail address)

• Va
      30th of Sep, 2008
    Acai Berries - Unauthorized billing
    Acai Berries
    acaiberryjuice.org

As the person before me me, I too was curious, aha the cat!, so I figured $3.99 couldn't break me. But $89.31 did! I called the "customer service" number and complained, and was told basically "too bad" so buyer beware!! they refused to take the product back and refused a refund. My husband said I should report them to the BBB, but what good would that do? So this is a much better way to tell everyone about this scam. I just wish I had read it before I got scammed. An unsavory company indeed, Please don't make the same mistake I did. I was told that the fine print about the reoccurring charges were on the website, I didn't go to the website to order. I think this company should be run out of town on a rail or tarred and feathered.

11th of Oct, 2008

I also ordered just the free trial and today I noticed that I obviously missed the small print, and they have billed me for 39.95$ once again! I am really mad about this! The trial alone cost 40.00$ I received a pack of Hoodia Gum and some Hoodia water additive. Who pays 10.00$ for a pack of GUM! I really think that if this is something that Oprah puts her name on that she should follow-up on how these people do business. They have no right to mis-lead people with their advertisments. Put the print large so there are no misunderstandings. I say there should be legislation against SMALL Print in these fraudulent ads and that we should get ahold of OPRAH! The company that supplies this product has a phone #, but no one to answer it!

• Ju
      27th of Oct, 2008

I to responded to an email about the free sample of Acai berries that all i had to pay was the shipping, and got charged 74.76 i think it was about a two weeks after i had ordered the sample. I called and they customer support person told me that when i had signed up for the sample i had also signed up for a monthly home delivery plan. He said that it was explaind in the terms and conditions that i had to agree to when i signed up for the sample. I told him to show me were this terms were and he did. I looked at the terms over and it did explaine everything that i was charged for.

• Al
      31st of Oct, 2008

wonderful. that is helpfull haha

• Be
      13th of Nov, 2008
    Acai Berries - charges that could not be accepted

I tried to purchase the free trial and was willing to pay the shipping and handling but when I tried to purchase with my debt card they said card not accepted. Looked into it and I was charged $44.85 three times on my debit and with no confirmation that they will be sending them. Please
    advise on refund.

Becky Persinger

• Am
      13th of Nov, 2008

Ok I am going to help all of you that are having problems. I ordered this stuff and cancelled 5 days after.
    Try calling the Total Cleanse number, back to back several times. I got through and an automated person came on the line and I was on hold for about 7 minutes. If this is does not work go to: http://sflnutrition.com/
    There is a LIVE CHAT session that you can start and they will cancel for you and also send you a confirmation e-mail and transcript of the whole conversation.

#2
    If you ordered Acai Berry 500, I got through fine. HOWEVER, you will need to also call the CANCEL the FIT program and the PRICE LIMBO program. When you get this product you are automatically entered into this agreement. If you do not CANCELL you WILL be charged after the trail period of 7 days.

FIT : 1-866-407-1022
    The guy was very helpful. If you ordered Total Cleanse and Acai Berry you have 2 account with them, make sure you CANCELL BOTH accounts.

Price Limbo is a Website
    www.pricelimbo.com

Go to “sign in”
    User: e-mail address
    Password: zip code

You will need to go to my account information and request to cancel. They will send you a deactivation e-mail and you will need to click on it in your own personal e-mail account to deactivate.

This should take care of everything.

• Li
      17th of Nov, 2008

I too, ordered a free 14 day trial for shipping only. It happened so fast I didn't have time to read the fine print that said I would be charge close to $90 per month or more often for more bottles to be sent. I got the first one a few days ago. It should have had 84 tablets in it for 3 times a day for 2 wks. It had 15 tablets. I called the number, 877-350-8484, no answer, wrong number, and no other number given. This company is Fulfillment 4650 SW 51st St. Bay 711 8012087485, Davie, FL 33314

DO NOT order from them!! It is a full blown scam! Fraud, pure and simple. You can fill out a form at your bank or credit union to dispute it, and send all information you have, and try to get your money back. At the very least, put a stop/block on it so they cannot withdraw any more.

• Tr
      29th of Nov, 2008
    Acai Berries - Debit to my account
    Searchvitamins on bank statement

I ordered a free sample of acai tablets which I received and at no time did I ask for anymore, let alone receive any. My bank account has been debited £59.64 on 1/12/08 which I can only assume relates to this free sample I requested as I dont receive/purchase any vitamins from anywhere. I've tried searching for the website but nothing. Bank statement says its called Searchvitamins, ref 332. Thank you

• Di
      15th of Dec, 2008

hey I just filed a complaint about total cleanse.. if anyone out their wants to use these productss...FYI DON'T ORDER THESE PRODUCTS!!! They will charge you and take $ out of your account and it is a bunch of ###!!! I never recieved any products and thank god i cancelled my card and let made my bank aware of this...Save your $$$$ These people will drain your account and they don't have anyway for you to contact them. I have tried and I realized that this was not going to fly after I read everyone's complaints. I will never order anything over the internet again... This was my 1st time and NEVER AGAIN...

• Cr
      29th of Dec, 2008

still sending more shipments only wanted free sample and still continue to charge my account

• Tw
      2nd of Mar, 2009
    Acai Berries - Fraudulent company
    Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals LLC
    20100 S. Vermont Avenue
    Torrance
    California
    Phone: 800-983-7968

This company keeps charging me for a product that I do not want. I have called and did get through the above number once and told them to cancel. I was told someone would call me back but, of course, they never did. I have asked my bank to not authorize any more charges on this account. A class action suit needs to be brought against these people and they need to be shut down.

What more can we do?

• Fr
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Do not order!!! unless you understand the "Terms and Conditions" The trial offer of acai berries for the "Hook" price is very attractive but BEWARE they will bill your credit card for $80.00+. I spent one and a half hours trying to cancel my wife's order and get a refund. Caveat : if you are lucky enough to be retired and spend a day on the telephone, and you reach the boiler room somewhere in India, be sure to obtain a CANCELLATION NUMBER, it will be required by your credit card company. Another charming feature is when you are about to get the results the call drops, so be prepared to call 1-866-964-1011 more than once to confirm. SLEAZY MARKETING TRICK.

• Ji
      10th of Mar, 2009
    Acai Berries - Charges
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida
    acaiberriesonline.org

I of course got the first bottle without researching this company. I called and canecled right after I got this bottle and they said my account was closed. Got my bank statement and they not only wacked me $87.10 for that ititial bottle, but then charged me another $87.10 for the second shipment. I called and cancelled my order again, they gave me an RMA number and said they credit my account when they receive this product back. I've read they don't send the whole $87.10 but just a portion, the rest is their processing feee

• Fo
      26th of Mar, 2009

This same thing has happen to me. I purchased the trail at $4.97 over a month ago from acaiberryedge.com. I still haven't received the trial, but have been charged twice at the amount of $79.90. I have complained by calling and sending emails, I have yet to receive a response from them. I keep getting the run around and being charged for something I never received.

I told them to not send me the product, but was told I had to receive a product because I paid for shipping. I don't want my shipping fee back and I DON'T WANT THEIR PRODUCT. I don't know what to do, except for cancel my credit card.

• Gn
      24th of Jun, 2009

To: Ford

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Did you return your product to us with-in your 30 day money back guarantee period? We would like to help you. Please contact us again and explain your situation to us. We might be able to offer you a monetary refund depending on your personal situation. Below you will find our terms and conditions that are with the 21 day free trial on our Acai Berry Edge. This might explain some questions.

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:
    Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.
    When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).
    Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

We hope to hear from you soon. Our number is 1800-595-4670. We are here Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Sincerely

Supervisor at GNS

• Kc
      24th of Jun, 2009

This is the biggest rip off I have ever seen. I tried to cancel and send the unopened bottle and could not get a reverse in charges. Same thing with Pure Nutrients