Acai Advanced Vitamins / Charging Credit Card even though product was CANCELED

United States Review updated:
Vit'Live Lean AA 2C Ventura
Phone: 8289627990
This company offered a 30 day supply of vitamins for the price of $5.95. Upon arrival, extremely small print stated that they would be charging aproximately $69.95per month from now on unless you returned the un-used portion (that you had just purchased) within 10 days. I immediately called them to get an RA# (which they said you MUST HAVE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT). To insure that the product wasn't delayed, I paid close to $42 for UPS Blue (two day air) shipping and made sure that their RA# was written CLEARLY on all 4 sides of their box.

My wife and I had used our debit card. This past week we noticed that for the past two months that this company has been charging us $24.95 secretly, yet shipping no product, nor providing any statements. I have copied a line from our current on-line banking statement as a "visual aid":

24 Jul 2009 Check Card Debit - VIT*Live Lean AA 2C 24.95

Our Band RBC Centura has informed us that there is nothing that they can do in terms of helping of recoup the $49.90, but we have put a hold on any funds coming from this company going forward. If you go to website : http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/[protected], you will find a tremendous number of other victims with similar stories as well as idential ones. The big concern is that this company is changing their name and continuing to charge "collected" credit/debit cards with even higher prices. I will prosocute to the fullest extent of the law if I am given the proper steps to take.

A  31st of Jul, 2009 by
I have also been conned by these people - I did not even receive any trial product. The company changes name and accounts and, thus, is being observed by banks at this moment in time world-wide.

Consumer law states that a contract needs to be confirmed - since the initial offer of a free trial does not contain a warning about 'return' and further charges and the company does not confirm in 'copy' either, the initial transaction nor the return policy' no contract exists legally. Thus, the charges I think need to be repaid. However, by the time, these companies and accounts are traced legal fees would have sored.

There should be info given to google, yahoo and other web space companies to barr this company from operating, I think.

Good luck with your law suit. Definately should be a winner!