Acai Advanced Live Lean for Life / Did not honor the 15 day FREE trial

1 Poway, CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered the Acai Advanced dietary supplement with a 15 Free trial, "no questions asked". The brochure that came with the product said that if I like the product I should do nothing and in 15 days I will be billed $64.95. I was shocked at the price, because the price was not menioned anywhere on the website. But it also said that if I was not satisfied for any reason I could call and cancel within 15 days and I would not be charged. However, on July 6 my credit card was charged $24.95 for a Live Lean for Life Program that I was not aware I had enrolled in. and on July 7th my credit card was billed $64.95 for the Acai Advanced. I placed the order on June 16th. I received the order 10 days later on June 26th. When I called to cancel the order 14 days later, on July 10 I was told that my 15 day free trial started on June 16 when I placed the order. They didn't care that I didn't receive the product until June 26th. So I said to the customer service rep "So you're really only giving me 5 days to try the product?" and the sales rep said "yes". I also told her I would like to return the product and she said that was not possible, because it was past my 15 day trial period. I asked to speak to a manager and she said none were available. I asked for her name and she would only give her first name. I have disputed this with my credit card company and will not be paying any of the charges. Acai Advanced Live Lean for Life is a SCAM.

Comments

• Lo
      24th of Jul, 2009

Incorrect. It's not a scam. The terms and conditions are right there on the web site where you placed your order, and they CLEARLY STATE that you have 15 days starting from the DAY OF YOUR ORDER. As a consumer, I would assume that you would want to understand what you're signing up for before you punch in your credit card numbers as soon as the word "FREE" appears on your computer screen.

• Ni
      24th of Jul, 2009

lootahoopla you are such a smart guy. and you must be a guy becuase only a guy could be as smart as you, and of course the person leaving this complaint would be named wendy. This is just another reason why men are more dominant than women.

• Pr
      26th of Sep, 2009

I agree with Poway. I think lottahoopla is with the company and trying to rip people of with their false claims.
    I placed my order (first and last time folly of mine) online on Sep 15. I spoke to a customer service representative (who don't apparently give their real names..forget last names) and was told the product was shipped on the 18th and was told that my 15 day time period ends on Oct 1st. I called back again on 21st and told them that i did not receive the e-mail confirmation or the product and another person (Ethan) said that they will send the e-mail out that day and the products should reach me anytime. I called back again on Sept 26th and was told that the products were shipped out "yesterday"!!! I told them I wanted to cancel my order so I don't get billed and the lady at the other end says that she cannot unless I have the products and she will extend the date once I receive the product. is this baloney or what. Why would anyone want to say that I cannot cancel and not tell me when I receive the product as well, and everytime I call..it's the previous day that the product was shipped!!! I am talking to my bank as well not to honor the payment. That was my lesson right there..not to trust the endorsements or the marketing and to go with the gut instinct..that if it sounds too good to be true..it is exactly that.. Don't trust the crooks.

• Se
      2nd of Nov, 2009
    Acai Advanced Live Lean for Life - unauthorized charges on card
    Acai live lean8
    Pennsylvania

unauthorized charges on my card. No 800# to call them on my statement. Does anyone have this #? Sent product back and did not receive credit for $24.95

• Vo
      24th of Nov, 2009

It is a SCAM full blown. I placed my order via the Internet on Nov 2, 2009. Their add stated that there was a Free Trial Offer of the Product and all you have to do is pay for the Shipping. Nothing else stated. This is FALSE advertisement. I received my 30 day Free Supply of Acai on Nov 9 along with the Terms and Conditions from Live Lean for Life which they state that you have 20 days Free Trial from the original Purchase Date. They also said that you may cancel your membership at any time by simply calling Customer Service at 1-888-272-6483. I started the program on Nov 11. On Nov 23rd my Credit Card was charged $64.95 (Grapevine, LLC) AND $24.95 (Grapevine, LLC) which was a BIG surprise to me. I didn't know who was charging my card or what it was for. Later I figured it out - Live Lean for Life. This morning I called Customer Service to no avail. All I got was an Automated Recording that says "Your call will be answered as soon as an agent becomes available." After 40 minutes of waiting, I finally hung the phone up. Apparently they don't have any AGENTS to take a call.

2nd of Mar, 2011

there was a 79.99 credit on my account from leanspa which I do not understand. they ripped me off!! I will find a way to get ahold of you [censor]s. I was supposed to pay 1.99 for shipping on a 30 day supply and be done. What Happened!!! Rayshad100@yahoo.com. Rushville, IN

2nd of Mar, 2011

I do not want any more product from you and I want my money back!!

2nd of Mar, 2011

I will post on this site until I am refunded. Nothing good mind you.