Acai Advanced/Healthy Lifestyle's / A Trap

United States, Maine, Lewiston
Acai Advanced
41 Canal St.
Phone: 18882475160
I ordered a free trial of a bottle of Acai Berry supplement on 6/25/09 with the agreement of only paying shipping and handling of $5.95. When it arrived on 07/08/09, I read the literature to find out that I had also been enrolled in a program called Healthy Lifestyles Program with ongoing associated fees. I was shocked and called them on 07/16/09 to cancel all of the above product/services and they told me that my 15 day trial period had passed and I owed them $64.95 and another $24.95 for this product/service. They informed me that my 15 day trial had started from the "purchase date" to avoid these fees. The literature states "I would have 15 full days to evaluate", not 2 days after receiving the bottle of Acai Berry supplement, nor anything stating this would start on "the purchase date". I feel it was a trap rather than customer satisfaction. I spoke to a supervisor pleading my case and they refused to work with me. I even told them I had not opened this bottle and would gladly ship it back and they still wouldn't work with me. I feel I'm a victim and am being charged wrongly.