Acai Advanced / crappy service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

So i signed up for the free trial and paid the 5 bucks for s+h
and a couple days later they charge me almost 70 bucks for the product, so i called the first time it took almost an hour and no one picked up
and i called again today and this lady named Nicole told me that they already shipped another out to me and im gonna be charged for it. its total ###. plus they wont refund my money nor let me send back the one their sending now.
i know one thing im gonna talk to my credit card company and im not paying the 64 dollars for the next shipment.
DONT USE ACAI ADVANCED ITS CRAP, DOESNT WORK AND RUINS YOUR STOMACH.

Comments

• Ac
      9th of Apr, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Shipping and charging credit card
    Acai Advanced.com
    Florida

Do not buy from Acai Advanced.

They trick you with their $5.95 ad for a free trial.
    They charged my credit card 3 x. ---$24.95, $64.95 and $74.90.
    Do not use or buy their product.

I had to fight with my bank to get back one charge of $74.90 less shipping and handling.
    I am now going to the Attorney General to get them to stop this company from victimizing others.

18th of Apr, 2009

I had the same experience. 1st it was 5.95 for the trial, then 24.95 for the Live Lean AA "Support Group" showed up on my bill and 64.95 showed up and I never received anything. The 3rd one that shows up on my bill is for $74.90 which I received, called them, got a confirmation # and a RMA # and returned the bottle to them. They said it would take up to 30 days. However, I am unable to get to them again for the 64.95 & 24.95 amounts. So now I feel that I have been scammed and they should be shut down.

• Li
      18th of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I tried to cancel the order but was unable to get through to them for over 2 weeks. Finally received a bill and was charged $24.95 from a Vit Live Lean and $64.95 for a bottle, then received another bottle in the mail for 74.90. This is a big rip off and scam.

• Ai
      21st of Apr, 2009

I am still surprised that people are falling for this crap!!! These "great" pills are mostly fillers so no wonder everyone gets sick!!! If you want Acai products, go to a Nutri-Sport or find a store that sells it so that you know how much they are going to take from your account!!! It's amazing that people are still falling for the "free just pay shipping" crap!!! Haven't you learned that NOTHING is free these days, especially with the economy? I guess my advise is free so I would take it and cancel the card you gave them because that's the only way to stop them from charging your account!

I was also wondering why people are still falling for a "weightloss miracle in a bottle." Haven't you all realized that they DON'T WORK! Acai is supposed to be used as a super food and weightloss is an added plus. But don't expect it to work that way for everyone!

I am trying to lose weight and have been for a long time but trust me, there are really no pills out there that will work. You have to workout and eat right. That's really the oldest "diet" in the book. (even though its not a diet since we should be doing it all the time anyway!) I know where you all are coming from but do the right thing and quit falling for these scams!!!

• Ai
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I'm really not trying to be mean but these complaints keep popping up everyday and it really makes me wonder why people are still falling for this.

I did this too but took one pill and felt like crap. No super food is supposed to do that. Then looked at the lable and wow there is barely any acai in it. I then went online and saw these complaints and immediately canceled my card. I knew I would never get ahold of this company so I stopped it before it started. Luckily, they only charged me the shipping and handling before I canceled the card.

I more talking to the people who complain and complain but do nothing about it.

• Ti
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I feel for this free trial bit and then spent nine h ours on hold trying to get an RMA to return the bottle. Still no human contact but same ole recorded message about them having such a h uge response that no one could answer the phone. Mailed back product worrying about how many days I had left before they would send me another bottle with a note inside saying that I wanted this canceled.
    Next thing I know, I received another bottle in the mail with a notice that my cc had been charged $74.90. Called immediately and this time only had to wait a half h our to talk to a human. Explained situation and was told nothing could be done and that I should just keep the new bottle I had received because I had to pay for it anyway.
    What a rip-off. Thought I knew better then to get hooked up with this type of scam. Horrible service...a bunch of crap. I'm going to send a registered letter and complain.

• El
      27th of Apr, 2009

i got signed up and charged for a service i never received. They sid i got a email with my password and login name and i didn't. Now i called to talk to someone, i asked for a supervisor they were in a meeting. They were in meetings all day today at both acai advanced and live lean for life or whatever the name of the other sevice i got signed up for.

• Tr
      28th of Apr, 2009

ofcourse its crap jeeze ppl anyone who buys a lose weight fast internet drug that advertises thats its free!!... either has downs syndrom and was never told...or 2 ate alot of lead paint chips when they where young.

buying anything online is risky in the best circumstances and should be avoided if at all possible.

WTB common sense ppl

• Cy
      22nd of May, 2009

I agree ! There is much truth to this complaint. I too was tricked by the "Free Trial" spill only to be dupped with unauthorized withdrawls from my bank Account. Yes they take the $5.95 shipping and handling and then they handle you some more without your permission!!! Acai Advanced has some very dishonest buisness practices if they truly are a buisness they operate as con artists!!!

Don't buy into this lie learn from my mistake to the tune of $64.95 for which I am currently going through the dispute process disputing with my Bank.
    I did speak to a very rude Representative that said "We're not giving you your money back!" This is what I got after being on hold for so long!

• Ev
      25th of May, 2009
    Acai Advanced - UNABLE TO REACH ANYONE ON 1.888.247.5160 FOR RMA
    ACAIADVANCEDCS
    Florida

HAVE HELD FOR 40 MIN. AND 40 REPEATS OF, "THANK YOU FOR CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE. ONE OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE WITH YOU SHORTLY". WEB SITE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT DOES THIS TELL US? SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

• Pe
      26th of May, 2009

I would like to cancel any further shipments. When I saw the price and that you would be shipping automatically, I really can't afford the product on a regular basis as I have too many other medical expenses. Please cancel any other shippments.

Acai Advanced - Unable to cancel further orders
    41 Canal St.
    Maine

Unable to cancel further orders or even talk to any one on the phone. No agent is ever available . I feel this is a scam and want nothing to do with this company. JUST CANCEL any further orders.

28th of May, 2009

Just answer my complaint as soon as possible.

28th of May, 2009

Come on---no more comments --just do your job and cancel my order and answer my complaint.

• Df
      31st of May, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Charged against written agreement
    Bend
    Oregon

I received this email from them and they still charge my credit card. I just filed a fraud complaint with my bank

From: Acai Advanced [mailto:[protected]@acai-advance.com]
    Sent: Monday, May 04, 2017 12:18 PM
    To: Dore Frances
    Subject: Re: Acai Advanced Order #77908

Once again, you have been cancelled out of the Healthy Lifestyles autoshipment program.

• Bi
      1st of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - not answering the phone and the pill does not work
    Orange
    Connecticut

I tried this product called acai advanced and it does not work at all and it is giving me all stomach problems like cramping and pain. so I tried to call them 1 888 247 5160 and they do not take the phone or answer the phone. theyARE charging me every month $100and this product is a fraud product.

Acai Advanced - No response
    Acai Advanced

The phone # provided to cancel participation is never answered. Charges continue on your credit card. This is a complete ripoff. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company and disputed any charges.

Sandra Angle

Colon
    Michigan
    Phone: 920-559-7715
    [protected]@GMAIL.COM

TRIED TO STOP[ THE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION WITH NO AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO STOP EVER SINCE. IT HAS ALREADY COST ME AND I DO NOT WANT THEM TO CHARGE MY CARD ANYMORE...

• Sc
      1st of Jun, 2009

Yes, I totally agree. I wanted to cancel but I have been unable to reach anyone in customer service. I was on hold for at least an hour and heard the message that a customer service rep would help me over and over. No one ever answered. I did not even get a confirmation email - they just took money from the credit card. Have not received product either. Ordered on 5/22/09. Have not received product and free trial will be up on 6/5/09. I feel like I have been scammed totally

• Rj
    Acai Advanced - Not authorized, can't get a refund
    Acai Advanced - Live Lean
    Hendersonville
    Tennessee

Can not get through any numbers, tell me they do not have an account for me. 3 charges in less than a month

2nd of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - NO RESPONSE/BILLING
    Colorado

ORDERED THIS PRODUCT THINKING I WAS PAYING JUST SHIPPING FEES. TRIED TO CALL AND CANCEL. NO ONE EVER ANSWERED SO TODAY I FIND OUT I AM BILLED FOR THE "free" PRODUCT
    THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR. AND THE PRODUCT MADE ME SICK!!!

• Lo
      3rd of Jun, 2009

NOTIFY YOUR BANK AND HAVE YOUR CARD CANCELLED AND REISSUED WITH A NEW ONE!!! THEY CAN'T GET YOUR MONEY IF THEY DON'T HAVE YOUR CORRECT CREDIT CARD NUMBERS!!!

• Da
      6th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - charges
    Acai advanced
    Geary
    Oklahoma

paid for the free sample $5.95 and was then charged $24.95 and $64.95 with out my knowledge and have received no product. this is a scam

• Lu
      9th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Banking charge for 64.95
    Luz Rivera
    4529 Spruce St Apt 106
    Philadelphia 19139
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 215-222-0325

I was fooled with an advertising of th product Acai Advanced Dietary supplements 60 capsules. i call the company and they said they cannot refund my money. They charged 64.95 without my authorization. I NEED my money back. Please help. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com

• Lo
      10th of Jun, 2009

I got the free trial also. As soon as I signed up I started looking for the Customer Service info on the website just incase I wanted to cancel - yeah all the URL links were broken - they lead me to Page Error sites. So I finally got a hold of a "pop up" customer service lady who the entire time of me trying to ask her about customer service she kept trying to sell me the product that I had already bought - told me I could save on shipping - yeah okay AFTER i had already purchased it. I finally got some info out of here.

Now the 1888 number I am trying to call is amazingly always busy. My 20 day trial is almost up and I can't seem to get through to cancel my product. Yet the automated system answers when they are closed!!!

So now what do we do? There seems to be a lot of complaints on here and we all tend to have the same problem - can we do a civil suit action against them or do we just have to take one for the team sort of speak and just sit here?

It amazes me that as soon as I hit send on my cc to order my "free" trial I knew something was up - my gut told me I had just messed up and now I have an neg. balance because things have been charged that I don't want. I messed up by using my checking account number instead of a real credit card - so now I have to cancel my checking account to stop these charges?

anyone out there that can help?

• De
      10th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Fraud
    Acai Advanced C/O GLF
    41 Canal Street
    Phone: 1-888-247-5160

Fraud, Fraud, charged my account $64.95 after I called and wanted an RA# to send item back, told me they could not do that. I'm still sending bottle back they also charged me addtional $24.95 for vitamins which I never received. I told them I wanted everything cancelled. I do not want to deal with these cheaters.

11th of Jun, 2009

I am going through HELL with these Aci Berry people right now - so I perfectly understand - what a complete FRAUD!!! Ophra & Dr. Oz should be ashamed of themselves for ever recommending this product to anyone! I got scammed like all of you by responding to an ad on my screen that said you would be charged just $5.95 for a free trial of this "miracle pill." Ha! What they did not say that as soon as the order for the trial is received by them, they immediately charged my credit card not just for the $5.95, but an additional $79.95 charge for a 30-day supply! When the envelope arrived (from China (!), there was no invoice, nor instructions (even on the bottle itself) saying that. I grew suspicious and contacted my pcp - he said not to take it and send them back. I tried to contact Aci Berry via email regarding this and they first told me I had to return the entire bottle to an address in China!!! Outrageous - and I told them so - asked for a U.S.A. address - told them I was over 70 yrs of age and my pcp said not to take them - they responded that the product was completely safe - that the terms & conditions spelled out what they would do, but "she" had spoken with their manager and would reduce the amount due by $20 USA - to this date that has not been done - but that is not acceptable to me anyway! I contacted my credit card company, but the charge is there and they said they can't do anything about it - so I had to cancel my card - since then I've emailed and called that company several times and they will not respond! This should be absolutely reported by everyone with a similar experience - and by no means should anyone ever, ever, ever respond positively to their FALSE ADVERTISING!!! I am personally notifying my congressman in the State of Florida and anyone else who will listen up.

Joan Lynch

• Ac
      13th of Jun, 2009

I AM SEEING ALL SORTS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT EVERYONE GETTING CHARGED FOR THE ACAI ADVANCED AND THE LIVE LEAN FOR LIFE PROGRAM. WELL, IF PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PLACING THEIR ORDERS, THEN THEY WOULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GETTING INTO. IT IS A 15 DAY "RISK" FREE TRIAL, NOT A FREE SAMPLE, OF THE PRODUCT, IF YOU DO NOT CALL WITHIN THE 15 DAYS THEN YOU WILL GET CHARGED FOR THE PRODUCT AND SENT ANOTHER SHIPMENT EACH MONTH AFTER, PLUS IT ALSO LETS YOU KNOW THAT YOU DO GET ENROLLED IN THE LIVE LEAN FOR LIFE PROGRAM, AND YOU GET A 20 DAY RISK FREE TRIAL OF THE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP, IF YOU DON'T CALL TO CANCEL WITHIN THE ALOTTED TRIAL, THEN YOU WILL BE BILLED 24.95 EACH MONTH. ALL THE COMPLAINTS I SEE ON THE NET OF SO CALLED "SCAMS" IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK AT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE THEY HIT SUBMIT.

• Ce
      15th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - did not receive their produce and called the phone #s and no answer. Want to cancel my order.
    Cecilia M. Viegas
    Sacramento
    California
    Phone: 916 427-6272
    [protected]@yahoo.com

I would like some help..to cancel this order. From what I have read they are not an honest company. Thank you.

15th of Jun, 2009

Unfortunately, I also signed up for the free trial and did not find out about their terms and conditions until after I had submitted my debit card info. So, I found that I had 15 days starting from the day I ordered (what a total bs) and it happened to be a Friday morning around 2:30 am. (Stupidly it was after I ordered that I researched). I e-mailed, since I couldn't call at that hour, to cancel my order and return my shipping fee, which was pending. But I never got a reply up until now. I called later during their business hour but they told me to call back on Monday since they "couldn't do anything" until I had an account, which is a min. of 48hrs after the order. So, Monday came and I called. To hell they never picked up. I was not even put on hold or anything. Just no one picking up. So they pissed me off enough and I wasn't going to risk them charging me any more than that "only 5.95" and it should only be 5.95 because I called my bank and changed my debit card number. Thank you Bank of America! NEVER GET ANYTHING FOR "FREE" TRIAL. My sister was ignorant of this and she lost over $200 from trying 3 different teeth whitening products.

15th of Jun, 2009

The only way I did it was to call my bank and change my debit card number, since that's what I used to pay the shipping fee. You should call your bank and explain to them. That's exactly what I did after they'd refused to answer my call.

• De
      16th of Jun, 2009

I just called today. And after finally getting through after waiting about 20 minutes, I have canceled both the pills and the lean for life. They gave me two confirmation numbers. But after reading other comments I am still really scared that my account will be charged.

16th of Jun, 2009

Why don't you stay on the safe side and cancel your card. They may say they've cancelled it and give you confirmation numbers and everything, but I found that A LOT of people are complaining about continuously still receiving the products even after cancellation. It's up to you. I didn't want to take a risk from being charged more than the shipping fee, so I cancelled. Also, my sister lost over $200 from the teeth whitening products, so it's safer that I just change my card number before these swindlers can have another laugh on their way to the bank. Anyway, best of wish!

• Ae
      18th of Jun, 2009

I too have had issues with Acai Advanced and feel they are a scam. I read the terms and conditions but did not see the part about being enrolled in the Lean for Life program. I did receive an e-mail the day after ordering Acai Advanced statiing that I needed to log on and view my video. I later received a phone call at my home asking me to also log on and use my password. I explainied I wasn't given a password and didn't want to subscribe. The person then gave me a password as well as an e-mail address. I notified the Lean for Life people via e-mail of my wish to cancel but have heard nothing. I have also called Acai Advanced to cancel my order and experienced the same issue of being put on hold forever. I checked with my credit card company and I had only been charged the shipping costs. I then proceeded to cancel my card and have a new one issued. Same process followed when your card is stolen - which is what I feel happened in this instance.

• Mo
      19th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Scam
    Asheville
    North Carolina

I tried for the "free" sample of Acai Advanced and I disappointed myself because I probably should have known better.

I signed up for the "free" sample only to find out that I would be charged $64.95 (or something close to that) if I didn't return the "free" sample in 15 days, well I called immediately to return and was told that nothing would be charged to my account.

2 day later (what a surprise) a charge of $24.95 to my DEBIT card so this is screwing with legitimate things that are atuomatically getting paid out of my account.

I called the 800 # and did finally get someone (you're usually on hold for about 30 min each call) and they assured me that I'll get my $ back and there will be no more charges, we'll see.

BEWARE OF ACAI ADVANCED!!!1

That Dr. Oz should be ashamed of himself having his name associated with this SCAM company

20th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Get Your Money Back!!
    3V Marketing, d/b/a Acai Advanced
    Portland
    Phone: 1-888-247-5160
    acai-advance.com

HEY GUYS!! I submitted my two cents previously about this product and you may not have read the comments. I GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK by submitting a complaint to the BBB. Make the complaint about "3V Marketing, d/b/a Acai Advanced", P. O. Box 17855, Portland, ME 04112. The BBB website is boston.bbb.org. It only took 3 days after the BBB contacted them. GET CRACKIN' and you can get your money back too!!! Marcia

• Ga
      23rd of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - returned product no refund
    GLF
    41 Canal Street
    Phone: 1888 247-5160

I called and canceled my account, then I returned the new bottle. I never got my refund for the bottle.

• Ne
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I got the address by email to cancel and they sent me a rma. but I misunderstood their claim that they were sending 30 days worth, but only 15 of them =were free, I got something saying to retrun the product even if it were empty and I';d never be charged a cent. I am so confused -- how can this possibly be legal;??? I will follow your advise cancel the card to whicdh it was charged -- but I have already been billed the shippingh and an additional $79.00. Hopefully the credit card company will help.

• Ga
      25th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - billing

you get billed before your fifiteen days using the product are up. they start the fifteen days from date of order not date received. they will not give you a nuber to call to dispute the charges.

25th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Advanced - Refuses to credit my account back
    acai-advance.com

This company says they will cancel your order but then ships and charges you for another. Do not order from them.