Acai Advanced C/O GLF / CACELLED PRODUCT

1 Lewiston, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-247-5160

I ORDERED THEIR PRODUCT BECAUSE OF THE TRAIL. i CALLED AND CANCELLED WITHIN THE 15 DAYS. I WAS INFORMED THERE WAS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE CANCELLATION. I RECENTLY NOTICED THE RECURRING WAS BEING TO ACCOUNT. HERE IS THE KICKER WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY TOLD THAT I WAS STILL ENROLLED INTO LIVE HELATH SOMETHING . I ASKED THEM HOW I BEING CHARGED FOR A PRODUCT I WAS NOT RECEIVING, THEY IT WAS AN INTERNET THING. THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE ME BACK 24.95, AFTER TAKING 164.74.

More Acai Advanced C/O GLF Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Si
      21st of Apr, 2009
    Acai Advanced C/O GLF - cannot stop shipping and charges
    Texas

Same thing as everybody else. I bought the trial and returned to sender got charged on 4/2 $24.95, 4/3 $64.95 and 4/14 $64.95 cannot get a hold of anybody to cancel. What do I do I have cancelled my credit card but I going to collections. Who are these people and has anybody had any luck on how to cancelled or get the credit back????

What do we all do?

• Ca
      29th of Apr, 2009

I placed an order for ACAI ADVANCED FREE TRIAL C/O GLF. I knew like most companies they will enroll you in auto shipments and called them to cancel that and I returned the product as it wasn't great at all. I told them I wanted any auto payments associated with this "free offer" cancelled. Because I didn't know I had a "live lean" account too (it's an internet scam too) and didn't say "cancel the live lean subscription" the Acai Advanced operator did not even inquire or ask if I wanted to keep that. Obviously by saying I don't want enrolled in anything or any auto charges I was being very specific. Now I am caught in a dispute for the $24.95. I never went to the site or activated a password and I cancelled on 4/22/09 in plenty of time for the Acai Advanced offer. BUYER BEWARE!! You can't trust a free trial, even if you call them to unenroll, they can keep other things active for charges! STAY OFF FREE TRIALS! From the look of this site it's obvious they are out to take advantage of us, either Acai or Live Lean -- it's bad business and dishonest.

I called my bank to stop any further charges from "vit*livelean AA 1 c" and Acai Advanced. It's nothing but a rip off !!! I will dispute charges with my bank as well. No product used or received.

• St
      6th of May, 2009

THEY ARE A RIPOFF OF THE FIRST ORDER! BUYER BEWARE, PLEASE DON'T ORDER THIS PRODUCT.

STEPH R

• St
      6th of May, 2009

Unscrupulous billing practices, add on subscriptions and horrible customer service. Even after receiving two (2) cancelation numbers these ripoff specialist continues to bill me. They create tie-in programs that are not mentioned upfront. On the same day I got my cancelation#, they shipped another order!
    Bottom line I never received the initial order.
    charged-
    CANCELATION ORDER # 308411 &# 418404

• Ca
      8th of May, 2009

HOW TO STOP THEM:

I caught them with the first charge of $24.95. I had to cancel the debit card associated with the account. I did that right away and I disputed the charges. I gave the bank my 2 cancellation numbers/dates of cancellation and they said it was a "slam dunk". The bank got my $24.95 refunded. Had we not cancelled the debit card right away, they still could have kept charging.

I now have a separate card and account just for internet purchases. I transfer funds over when I buy something and this way, if someone tries this again...I'll know right away. They won't be able to tie up my funds while the dispute is being handled. Yes, they can keep charging, but it you constantly monitor it and then call the bank at THE FIRST UNAUTHORIZED charge...you can protect yourself.

Also, I'll never do anything resembling a "Free Trial Offer" again. Thanks to USBank, we stopped them from ripping me off forever. Cancel those cards, be they debit or credit, and dispute/file a fraud claim with the bank.
    GOOD LUCK!! I wish I'd known about this board BEFORE!

12th of May, 2009

I have the same problem happening. No satisfaction from the representatives. A definite scam. Be aware. Sandy

• Ro
      8th of Jun, 2009

I just noticed that they withheld $24.95 from my debit card account. I also cancelled and returned the product with a cancellation number. This should be illegal. Why are they being promoted by Oprah and Rachel Ray when they are taking advantage of people? The ad was very misleading. I sincerely hope I can stop this.
    Rosa

• Ol
      9th of Jun, 2009

This is my story to the tee!!! Im trying to figure out how to get this cancelled off my account. I've been trying for hours now to get ahold of these people and the phone is always busy. Oh and BY THE WAY--- BEWARE of the other product they push colocure NOTHING BUT A RIPOFF. Same exact problem. Except I'm out $239!!! with that company. I could just puke I'm so upset.

29th of Jun, 2009

Same here. They play bad guy/good girl. They don't pick up their phone line at 1-888-247-5160 They ship so you have only 1 or 2 days for your "free" trial. You ask for a supv and they extent the trial "almost" 30 days. If you call for an RMA or to cancel, they repeat a "hold" message or are busy. Go to a reputable Health Food store for your supplements. There are very good ones out there who are expert and won't rip you off. I sent an email to my bank, but might get hit again before I can cancel my debit card. I wish to cancel my order, AC876320, Conf # 572618. Please send RMA