Academy Sevices / Bad service

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

Received call at dinner time on 6/12/08 asking for "Andre Tawson" not me; I reside in Chicago and "Andre Dawson" is a famous Chicago Cub baseball player, "Andre Tawson" is obviously a bogus name. Repeatedly asked what Academy Services did and why they were calling. Question was always answered with the question of If I were Andre Tawson. As I explained that I wasn't Tawson; that Academy Services had no reason to be calling my #; I was registered on Nat'l Do Not Call List and that I wanted to be removed from Academy Services' call lists, the caller asked "if I knew his buddy "Tone", "dial Tone" and then hung up. I placed a complaint with Nat'l Do Not Call Registry shortly afterward.

Va

Comments

• Re
      5th of Aug, 2008

I was called by Academy Service about a credit card account currently in their office. I spoke with someone named Matt Sullivan I think, anyway, he was very rude, he threatened me with a garnishment and told me that I am obligated by federal law to pay him my stimulus tax return. This has to be legally wrong. Then they called back the next day and spoke with my boyfriend telling him that it was concerning a procurement order and that was a very serious crime in the state of Indiana and that I could possibly be facing jail time.