Academy Collection, Inc. / Threatening tactics

Academy Collection, Inc. - www.academycollection.com

I got a new cell phone about 6 months ago and I have been getting creditor calls for someone who used to have the number and/or uses it as a fake number. The worst of these has been Academy Services. After getting numerous calls from them and asking them to take my number off of the account (if I even had time to ask before being hung up on), I finally told the representative (politely) that I had asked numerous times already and I needed them to really do it this time. I got "oh, ok, fine, whatever" and was hung up on. I called the number back, and was given the "complaint department", aka an answering machine (and even the message on the machine had a fairly rude tone). Academy Collection, Inc. are wasting my time and my minutes with no apologies and no attempts to rectify the matter and have been uniformly rude to me in the process. I pity the people they are legitimately trying to collect debts from if this is how they treat me.

Va

Comments

Jo
  4th of Dec, 2007

Hello, my name is Attorney Joseph A. Mullaney, III. I represent Pennsylvania and New Jersey consumers against companies that mis-program their computers to call the "wrong person." I have found that the only way these companies change their policies is to be hit in the pocketbook. If you have a residential (non-business) telephone number receiving unlawful consumer debt collection telephone calls, you may have a cause of action. Did you know that you may be entitled up to $1000.00 under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. 1692, et seq. and another $1500.00 for each automated (prerecorded or artificial) telephone call under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. 227, et seq.?

If you wish to speak about your matter, please email me. If we agree that professional representation is warranted, I represent consumers without any upfront costs or attorneys fees. Instead, they will be deducted from your recovery and/or awarded by the court against the defendants. Other terms and conditions apply. I hope to hear from you soon because there are important statute of limitations governing your possible action.

Since Academy Collections may be registered in Pennsylvania, I may be able to help other consumers who reside elsewhere.

Nothing herein is intended nor may it be construed as legal advice. For legal advice, consult an attorney.

Very truly yours,