Academy Bank / online banking option a joke

Kansas City MO, United States

I have used Academy Bank for the past 5 years and am closing my account this weekend. Your team has arbitrarily removed my account access at any given time multiple times over the last 5 years with zero warning.

This happened once again this morning, when I had a minor emergency and needed to transfer funds from my savings to my checking account. Upon trying to login, I received an "invalid access token" error and was unable to access my account for 1.5 hours - that is, until I went to work. I was able to login at work, but not on my home computer which raises concerns about the security of my online account.

Anyway, I called this morning to try and have this resolved and was on hold for NINE minutes before hanging up - not ever having gotten hold of one person - and resorting to the chat option. I do not prefer the chat option because I tend to get an attitude from the people I've spoken with.

Additionally, your company changed the routing number on my account without informing me - I believe during 2015 or 2016 - making me late on my bills one month. After this was done - without my permission OR consent - I asked for new checks that reflect this new number, and your company told me I needed to BUY MY OWN - Regardless of the fact that I was supplied with about 5 books of checks when I first opened my account.

It is absolutely unacceptable to have removed access to my bank account without informing me, not once, but multiple times over the past 5 years and arbitrarily change my account information without ONCE letting me know beforehand.

Because of these experiences, your company has hurt my credit standing and personal finances. For these reasons. Your company's incompetence could be considered criminal in some circles, given the apparent recklessness and apathy when it comes to protecting personal information, not to mention the lack of regard for timely and clear communication regarding my account.

I would highly recommend your company be investigated for the reason that I'm not the only one who has experienced these SERIOUS issues, as evidenced by other reviews and complaints.

Ja