Academy / Academy Sports And Outdoors / blacklist grievance

CFO: Ken Attaway
COO: Thomas J. Lamb

Re: Blacklist
Dear Whomever can assist:
This letter is to upper management at Academy Sports about a problem I am having with a rifle I attempted to purchase at your Baton Rouge, La Siegen Lane location several months ago.
I have purchased thousands of dollars, as well as referred dozens of people to your stores for over 20 years.
I am dissatisfied with your personnel's decision to put my name on a blacklist for attempting to purchasing a hunting rifle from your company.
I was a customer service manager for Office Depot for years and never heard the term blacklist used on any occasion.
I filled out a background check to purchase a hunting rifle several months ago and incorrectly input data as the iPad unit touch pad from the store entered an incorrect figure, which caused my immediate background check to be put on hold for up to 30 days.
I explained the situation to the employee which told me nothing could be done and I would have to wait for the results of the background check.
I found the same rifle at a local independent gun shop which issued the purchase as my background check was approved within 3 days.
I returned to the Siegen store and canceled the hold on the rifle I tried to purchase as I found the gun at another gun shop and requested the background check to be cancelled.
Several months later, I went back to the Siegen Lane store and attempted to purchase another rifle and told I could not purchase any firearms through Academy Sports throughout the company, as I am blacklisted from your company.
I am a responsible citizen with no criminal records as my attorney had my background checked as well.
Please contact me to confirm that you will have someone contact me to eliminate my blacklist status. I have prepared a complaint for submission to the proper agencies for investigation, and will not file the complaint if you resolve the problem.
Thank you for your anticipated assistance in resolving my problem.
Please contact me at 985-231-2181if you have any questions.

Sincerely,