Aca Clearinghouse / CANCELLATION

1 PO BOX 18321Golden, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-888-9025

I ordered a magazine for my daughter from one of their salespersons, going door to door trying to earn a free trip. The final price of the magazine was not the price that was quoted to me when I initially agreed to purchase the magazine for my daughter, as a matter of fact, it was quite higher. I went ahead and ordered the magazine, paying cash for it, which was marked on the receipt, however, after thinking about it in further detail, it angered me, the difference in the prices and I cancelled the subscription, within the three business days required on the receipt. Now, I have gotten notice from ACA, informing me if I do not send them a photocopy of my check with a paid endorsement stamp, they will continue to process my order and my daughter may expect delivery of her first magazine in the next 150 days. I have tried multiple times to contact them by phone and always reach a voice telling me their business hours and they are currently assisting other satisfied customers, well I am by far a satisfied customer and find it hard to believe that they are that busy, and if so, maybe they need to hire more operators to assist those customers. I can't understand how they want me to send them something that I do not have in order to cancel this subscription when it clearly states on the receipt that the order was paid with cash, I hope this complaint serves to stop someone else from making the same mistake that I have made.

More Aca Clearinghouse Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Kd
      10th of Oct, 2008

I ordered a magazine and cancelled it within the 3 days and got a postcard telling me I had to send a cancelled check. I have done that and they told me it would be 4-6weeks. It has been 4-6 weeks and I still haven't received my check. I just called them again and he told me they were going to now make me a priority and it will be another 10-14 days. This has been going on for almost 3 months. I am a very unsatisfied customer and if there is anything I have talked with my lawyer and may turn them into the BBB. If there is anything I can do to warn people to now buy from this company I am going to do it.

• Ki
      19th of Oct, 2008

I'm in the same process of getting my money back. I ordered the magazine and realized that it was a lot more expensive to order the magazine through them. On top of that my sales person was unprofessional when he left, asking me for a lighter so he could smoke. I'm sorry, that isn't how you end a business meeting. So, I just got the additional postcard in the mail asking me to send a copy of my check. I have that since I paid with check, luckily. I just hope that I don't have to go through anything else. If I do, I'm going to be pissed. Who knew cancelling was going to be this difficult. Please, whoever is reading this, don't give in to the kids at your door selling magazines for this purpose. It isn't worth it.

21st of Nov, 2008

Ditto to everyone else. I've been waiting for my refund since August after doing everything they said and sending a cancelled check. I keep calling and they're saying to leave a message but their voice mail is full. I have a feeling we've been duped and I'll never see my $65.00 again.

9th of Jan, 2009
    ACA CLEARINGHOUSE - refund of $73.00
    ACA Clearinghouse
    PO Box 18321
    Golden
    Colorado
    Phone: 866-675-9869

This company had kids in our neighborhood claiming to be home-schooled kids trying to raise money to go on a class trip. I did buy a magazine but decided to cancel it for economic reasons, which was within my rights. I canceled the subscription according to their instructions before my check was even cashed. I then had to wait for my check to clear to prove to the company that I had paid the money. I faxed over the canceled check right away and was sent a receipt number M325066 that I would have my refund. This was in May of 2008. I have talked to customer service several times with a promise from them every time that they would put me at the top of the list for refunds and I would have it within 5-10 business days. I now have called the customer service number several times and cannot get through. This is ridiculous. I want an answer of why there are so many people out there looking for refunds from this company. This is total fraud. I would like my money back right away or an answer as to where this money is. My name is Sandra Latino and my e-mail address is Slatino@sbcglobal.net. If you need any other information, e-mail me and I will get it to you. How can a company get away with something like this. It's unbelievable.

• Em
      13th of Jan, 2009

I'm in the same situation. I've been waiting since September for my refund of $65.00 and I can never get a hold of them. Their mail box must be full because of all the people calling trying to get their refund! I even reported them to the Better Business Bureau. Who knows if we will ever get our money back!

• Tu
      4th of Feb, 2009

I too have been waiting since last May to receive my refund. After calling on a weekly basis and being told I'm on the priority list, I was informed this morning that the company has gone out of business. They state that it may take 2 years to get a refund, if I get one at all. I was informed to choose 2 magazines just to try to make me happy, since I may never see the refund. At least I would be getting something for my money. Something is better than nothing. Yes, we were duped, Live and Learn, Lesson learned!

• Va
      10th of Feb, 2009
    ACA CLEARINGHOUSE - No Refund as promised
    ACA Clearinghouse
    PO BOX 18321
    Golden
    Colorado
    Phone: 866-675-9869

I am very outraged at the dishonesty of this company and the failure to return my money for a magazine subscription I ordered in summer 2008. I cancelled this and followed their refund protocol in July 2008. They received this request for refund and copy of cleared check 7/30/2008. I received no refund as of 9/4/2008 and called 1-866-675-9869 for information. I spoke to a Kerri who then bumped me to "priority" through her supervisor. She told me to call back if I had not received within 20 more days. I called again in October and was told to "relax and I would find a check in the mailbox". Monday the 1st of Dec I tried to call and there was no answer and the mailbox was full. I tried again Jan 12, 2009 and no response to message left concerning this refund. By now I am furious about this because if it were the other way around they would demand payment of money. I am certain I am not the only one out there. Next step will have to be BBB.

• Ta
      10th of Feb, 2009

I also am waiting for a refund (since Aug 08) after following the obnoxious post card and copy of check ordeal. I've gone through exactly the same experience as the above fellow frustrated people.
    Shame on ACA clearinghouse for using the youth of america to doop the public!.
    My next step BBB I've had enough.

• Wr
      10th of Apr, 2009

Same thing here. However, I have filed with the BBB and nothing has come about that in over a month. I think they are as worthless as ACA clearinghouse. Unless they get so many complaints each day about them that they just can't keep up with the amount of claims.

• C0
      26th of May, 2009

I too have had issues with getting my refund. I ordered a magazine from a door saleskid back in June of 2008. After I agreed to a magazine, he quoted me almost 20 dollars more than what I thought it was going to be after fees. I felt trapped at this point, and when I realized I could cancel I did so that same day. Since then I have called numerous times, each time being told that the bank they work with is behind on refunds, and that I am at the top of the list to get my refund. They even told me to call every 2-3 weeks so they can continue to tell the bank how upset people are. Well when I try to call now I can not get through; either the line is busy or after going through the automated service for refunds it eventually tells me the mailbox is full and it disconnects. Clearly this company is a scam-they have no website as far as I can find and their phone number is clearly not working. It is now going on close to a year since cancelling, and it is now just about principle to get my refund. I will not stop trying!

• St
      15th of Dec, 2009

Me too.I fell for the door to door kids selling magazines.I had placed the order on September 23.Then found out 2 days later my daughter needed glasses.So I put in for a refund because they had ALREADY cashed my check, which was made out to FTFT. They had sent me a postcard saying all they needed to start the refund process going was a copy of my check with the PAID ENDORSEMENT stamp no later than 6 weeks from the sale date. I had sent that in way before it was do, to make sure nothing went wrong.My original reciept says to wait 4-6 weeks before refund will happen.Tomorrow will mark the 6th week and the 12th week i have been waiting, no money.$64.00 is what they owe me.Now looking at all of these complaints I guess I should just kiss it good-bye.I'd rather just have my magazines.I should say I have ordered from something like this in the past but I acutually DID recieve magazines, about 3-4 months later.I was just tryin to do something nice for some strange kid.He did mention he attended a local High School, is he in on it too? was he posing as a local?And the people answering the phones, do they know what they're contributing to? I just finished speaking to one, she said I needed to wait another 30 days and that I should write ACA Clearinghouse a letter.Ha!!! My reciept number is F0011993 and I live in Corona, Ca. menas@rocketmail.com They need to be sued.