ABSA / psspf benifit claim

South Africa Review updated:

In my opinion ABSA is unprofessional when it comes to handling PSSPF claims. I have been waiting three months for my benefit claim. When you phone you either get put on hold or you are politely asked to leave your details and they will get back to you. What a laugh! Do they not understand that being unemployed places a person in financial difficulties. This situation is frustrating and ABSA needs to communicate and update the members regarding the status of their claims. The benifit claim forms has all the members personal details so there is no excuse! I have been sending e-mails to [protected]@absa.co.za requesting the status of my claim, but they don't even answer my e-mail. Bad serevice equals bad business! Henry [protected]

He
Jan 15, 2013

Comments

• Du
      Aug 25, 2010
    ABSA - The bank has said that it was a system error yet they cant give my money nor can they solve this problem
    absa.co.za

A deposit was made on the 1708 for r280. The acc number 4071806289 in the name of e.lawson.i still have not received the money. The bank has said that it was a system error yet they cant give my money nor can they solve this problem. When am i going to get my money. I need answers. I have proof that deposit was made.

• He
      Aug 28, 2010
    ABSA - I've been trying to resolve my problem with ABSA for the past 3 months with no success at all
    absa.co.za

When my personal banker (Frere square - East London) left ABSA I was not notified. When I tried to contact her I was informed then that she left ABSA. I was also informed that I was allocated one in Gauteng.

I've been trying to resolve this with ABSA for the past 3 months with no success at all.

Sep 07, 2010
    ABSA - Call getting dropped and put on hold
    absa.co.za

After phoning in on 4 different occasions (all of which the call was hung up). I eventually got through to Anna. After then asking for my details to e changed again I was put on hold. After waiting for 15 minutes I eventually hung up.

• Ba
      Sep 16, 2010
    ABSA - Do not hear anything from ABSA
    absa.co.za

I did contact you. You sent my complaint to ABSA. They responded immediatly. That was a week ago. Since then I have not heard anything at all from ABSA.

• Ed
      Sep 20, 2010
    ABSA - Ripoff with salary deposit
    Edward Archer
    South Africa

Take notice of the latest scam from ABSA - when you have to deposit your salary cheque you now have to pay a fee of R50 to have the money immediately available. Standard Bank have no such fee and I am considering moving my accounts to them asap.

• Sh
      Sep 22, 2010
    ABSA - Almost every time I phone Absa they cannot help me in my language on Telephone Banking
    absa.co.za

Every Form you complete Absa ask prevered language. Almost every time I phone Absa they cannot help me in my language on Telephone Banking. When I ask, they tell me all the lines are busy.

• Hu
      Jan 13, 2011
    ABSA - Internet keep throwing out
    Absa

I am ABSA Customer I use internet banking for paying my bill on 02032010. I used internet banking which always i log is always throwing me out. I have log on 5 times of more. This is really fustrating.

• Du
      Jan 17, 2011
    ABSA - ABSA iDirect cancelled my insurance policy 2 months ago, yet they are still taking money out of my accounts
    Absa

ABSA iDirect cancelled my insurance policy 2 months ago, yet they are still taking money out of my accounts for their premiums and it is messing up with my current insurance payments. I want compensation for the inconvenience and bank charges or at least my money back. i have been calling in for a week now and i am always being put on hold. i doubt ABSA is that busy with all the ****** customer service they provide.

• Za
      Sep 07, 2011
    ABSA - CASH DEPOSIT
    South Africa

I wanted to make a cash deposit today. I gave the teller at MALL OF THE NORTH BRANCH R10920 cash, in peace of mind, i was busy on my phone as he counted the money. He then told me that there is only R9920 - R1000 short!!! I explained to him that this is not possible. A not very helpful bank manager approched me and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE IN THIS REGARD!!! I thought that I can trust the bank???? but after today i have second thought about ABSA!!!

• Re
      Feb 28, 2012
    ABSA - long waiting
    louis trichardt

The absa bank in Louis trichardt is the worst bank in the whole town. If you want to deposit money you have to wait for atleast an hour to two. As a well reputed bank it a worst service you can expect. Do something Absa. We are your clients.

Nov 12, 2012
    ABSA - CANT GET SETTLEMENT AMOUNT
    ABSA
    South Africa

IAM TRYING TO SETTLE A PERSONAL LOAN WHICH IS IN RECOVERY. I HAVE BEEN SENT FROM THIS TEL NO TO THE NEXT. NO ONE CAN HELP. I NEED A STATEMENT AND SETTLEMENT AMOUNT TO GET THIS SETTLED

• Pi
      Dec 17, 2012
    ABSA - Service
    pvt
    South Africa

For three weeks i can not get anybody to contact me back regarding my complaint and for three weeks i can not get my own money out of a ABSA account.They call this Service?

• Fr
      Jan 25, 2013

Yes Henry, ABSA.. don't know were to start.., the one time in over 10 years of doing business with them when i needed something from them while in South Africa they made it impossible with new regulations, no energy to go into detail on that, but further more.. i planned a trip overseas for 7 months and was assured the best course of action would be cash passport cards (ABSA) and that they work overseas, GBP & EURO cards resspectively.., they didn't allow swiping or online transactions.. a Waste of time.. then after a couple of months of my credit card being stolen, still no follow up from them to send me my card, and calling them numerous times from a area overseas with poor telephone coverage it have been months and still no credit card... It has become a matter of survival now and i clearly stressed this with the useless staff assisting over the phone, but apart from there being no empathy for the situation, there is also no understanding, and even after stressing that they should confirm my correct phone number where i need to be reached the staff member tells me the number is correct.., How does she know it's correct.. they never called me overseas.., then she read the number our incorrectly in 3 different ways in a row, once i convinced her to check if it's correct.

They are employing incompetent, unhelpful staff, and only care about making money and taking money. I am ashamed to carry around ABSA cards & once i'm back in South Africa i will search the proper channel to write a letter to the highest command to state my disgust, of which i know there won't come anything of anyway.. as the purpose of management is only puppets to squash complaints before it esculates to higher authorities.

• Nc
      Oct 08, 2013

MY NAME IS AUBREY KUBAYI, ID NUMBER; 8505045764081- MY COMPLAIN IS I HAVE BEEN INVESTING MY PROFID & FUND FROM LEGOSEC INTER CC, DURRING THE PERIOD OF JANUARY 2010 TO JANUARY 2011, BUT NOW I WENT TO CLAIM IT ON THE DATE OF 08 OCTOBER 2013 AND FOUND THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE, CAN YOU PLEASE INFORM ME WHY? MY CONTACT DETAILS IS : [protected]@GMAIL.COM / 061 0621 235.

• Re
      Feb 12, 2015
    ABSA - Provident Fund
    ABSA Prodent Fund
    Johannesburg
    Phone: 0836210894

Hi My details are as follows: MTD MOkgapa ID 7604285641082. I have applied for my provident fund in October 2014 and submitted all necessary documents but till present, no payment nor respond from absa provident fund administrators.

• Da
      Apr 24, 2015

Dear sir
    i was employed in the security industry from 2009 until january 2015 my employer deducted money towards a provident fund and when i was dismissed i received only R19000 for my 6 years of service but the benefit statement for my provident fund indicated a total of R88, 234.12 so i wan to know why is my pay-out not reflective of my benefit statement and my name is david nyathela and my telefone 0849975054 and my id 6412085858083

• Ta
      Apr 17, 2016

my name is tladi joseph taole i was employed by protea coin group from 2009 and i was dissmised on 04 october2013 and i was a pssspf member since then but my problem is i have been waitng for my provident till now can u imagine that is unprofessional