ABSA — new account
On 13th December I took all necessary documents to open an account for my minor son at ABSA Braamfontein. I spent nearly 2 hours at the branch and Mr H Masala assisted me with the process. He told me the account was finalised etc. and I could go to any branch to collect it. Please note my proof of residence and other documents were provided and thus I was fica'ed. I could not wait any longer because I had ro return to work.
On 14 January 2017 I went to the Cresta branch and waited almost an hour to collect my son's card but the lady who assisted me said I was not fica'ed and she could not give me a card. This was emotionally draining because I spent a total of 3 hours at two branches and I do not have the time to do this again.
The ROA Reference Number is [protected] and the account was for my son Xerxes Walker (ID [protected]). I have signed all the necessary forms and submitted certified documents. I would like my son's card to be delivered to me.
As an ABSA client for many years I am very disappointed about this situation.
More ABSA Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - credit card application
- ABSA Bank - debit order