ABSA Homeowners Insurance / waiting 2 months just for an answer

South Africa Review updated:

A water pipe burst in our wall on the 13th FEb 2011. Tbhey sent someone out to repair the burst water pipe on the 15th FEb 2011, After many phone calls costing me about R600.00, they sent a contractor out to repair the wall where the plumber had to break through, this was a month later, I am still waiting (it is now 04.04.11) for them to authorise the repairing of the kitchen cupboards that were damaged because of the burst water pipe. We have to live with our kitchen cupboard contents in our lounge becasue we can not use our kitchen cupboards. Their service and follow up are disgraceful and non existent. I have had to phone all the time to find out with is going on and how far the claim is and then I get promises that they will phone me back and this they NEVER do. I am totally disgusted with them and will never use them again.

• zitha's Response, Sep 27, 2018

I have open a saving account but i"m getting charge when ever i"m take money out i put every month i put R5000 so i don"t understand why this is happening and the money that i get charge is R395 something when i one off the lady she said she does understand why PLEASE EXAMPLE????????????????? SO DISAPPOINT AND WAS MY FIRST BANKING WITH ABSA.

Comments

• Tn
      Aug 24, 2016

Hi. I have posted a claim on the 27/07/16.Claim number 3099279. A contractor came out and checked the property but now there is a possibility of more damage.
    My neighbors retaining wall is starting to crack due to the damage. A large tree is balancing on my house and I have to date not received any feedback with regards to this matter. If not repaired soon the cost and damage is going to drastically increase.

• Na
      Aug 14, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Product and service
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

Absa is the worst bank in South Africa, they service sucks and have ridiculous bank charges on a savings account, too many LOOP HOLES as my account is constantly debited without my authorization. I've complained for months with no help, instead I get rude and frustrated consultants - I want that STUPID ACCOUNT CLOSED

• Ni
    ABSA Bank - complaint very bad sevice
    kokstad
    South Africa

I complaint the manager in kokstad ABSA bank very bad sevice and rude. i try to renew my account with my document, he thought it away and refuse to do anything about it.i want hear what to do now.
    my contact is 0721599998

• Sh
    ABSA Bank - Verification request
    Mpumalanga
    South Africa

I am not receiving verification requests.
    I cannot even purchase airtime. Its quite frustrating.
    Obviously my number is on the system because I receice logon sms's. Its the same number.
    Please assist. Its a nightmare to go into the bank.

• Ap
    ABSA Bank - absa online banking
    cape town

good day

i cant log onto my absa bank because i owe R10

i think is quiet ridiculous as i pay absa a lot of admin fees every month

could you please re activate my online account and please next time warn a person

this is not the way its supposed to be

kindest regards
    megan

Aug 15, 2018
    ABSA Bank - i am complaining about that cheque account that i opened in absa
    PRETORIA
    ABSA.CO.ZA

i have somepeople who have access to my account those people are withdraw and i dont know who is that person and the ABSA bank is saying i should pay that and it cost R1.800 and i dont work under a company i am self employer and i have only 4 debt order

• Li
    ABSA Bank - Rejecting of home insurance claim
    Mokopane
    South Africa

My property was hit by a storm during November and the roof was lifted and the ceiling was pushed out.

• Zi
      Aug 16, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Service
    Durban

You try calling 011350400

See if anyone answers..I waited on call for 20 mins..more than 3 occasions...call gets cut!!! Extremely frustrating!!!

• Si
    ABSA Bank - Vehicle Cover
    South Africa

Upon the receipt of my April installment I noticed that there was a new item billed on my account (sundries). I queried I was told that they had decided cover my debt since I had failed to submit the proof of my insurer. I had submitted all docs in 2013 when I bought the car. Re submitted the docs, sent the follow up email but no response received

• Li
      Aug 20, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Incompetance by Staff, Unwillingness to help from all customer service departments
    Bloemfontein
    ABSA.CO.ZA

I am overseas and need to activate online Banking with the new overseas phone number to manage my account payments. NOBODY AT ABSA IS WILLING TO HELP AS ALL THEIR RESPONSES ARE WE NEED TO PHONE THE NEW NUMBER TO CONFIRM BUT THEY DO NOT PHONE!!! WHEN ASKED FOR AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION TO MULTIPLE ABSA DEPARTMENT THERE IS NO REACTION FROM ABSA!!!

• Si
    ABSA Bank - Opening of account
    Port Elizabeth
    South Africa

Hi Sir/Madam, I am at the Motherwell Branch to open an account for my son. I arrived here something to 10 and at 10:30 a lady approached us saying this side was closed at 09:30 they will only help the people on the list. On the working hours it is written on Saturdays 08:00 - 12:00. What must I do now?

Aug 20, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Telefoon diens.

Ek is al vir 30 jaar 'n privaatbank klient by ABSA.
    Vanoggend toe el Stellenbosch tak skakel word ek deur 'n engelse dame gegroet en sy dring aan dat ek engels met haar praat.

Hoe kan ABSA iemand wat eerste met die algemene publiek kommunikeer in 'n posisie sit waar sy nie veeltalig is nie?

• Ni
    ABSA Bank - Admin fee
    Cape Town
    South Africa

What high charges is this for admin fee it's ridiculous two months in a row absa is deducted this high amounts. I am not working so hard to make absa rich I want my money back. I have been banking for years with absa and now this I want my money back! !

• Hd
    ABSA Bank - HOC Insurance claim
    South Africa

After 3 months and visits from a pool company and engineer, I have not received feedback on claim nr 341 25 92

What steps can I take?

• Fp
    ABSA - Insurance
    WELKOM
    South Africa

Good day, i have submit a claim = nr 3418088 for damage to my house. After several phone calls and letters nobody came back to me with a answer.

Fp pieterse
    35 begonia str welkom.
    Ferdie.[protected]@gmail.Com

can you please assist because this is taking far to long now.

ABSA Bank - Duplicate deductions in my account
    Polokwane
    South Africa

I purchased a WordPress plan for my online business with my card and the money was taken twice from my account. I decided to use PayPal and skrill to protect my online purchasing but after paying online the money was taken again and it just 4days ago

Aug 29, 2018
    ABSA Bank - unauthorized debit order from absa
    South Africa

Absa has debited my account twice and has ignored my request to refund me. This is ridiculous.
    My account number is as follows: 9140700953

Regards,
    Angelina Molobetsi

Sep 02, 2018
    ABSA Bank - ATM loan
    OUDTSHOORN
    South Africa

I am with bsa for several years now..every time im in need of qiuck cash i dont qualify for an ATM loan...
    Mr J Botha
    Acc nr 9283745062
    Every month my salary goes into my account..so why dont i get the benifet of an ATM loan...can you please help met with that? Im in need of R500 which can be deduct on the 15th of dec
    J Botha

• Da
    ABSA Bank - Home Insurance
    South Africa

I submitted a claim for storm damage caused to my house 3 weeks ago and I have still not received feedback regarding the claim.

Claim number 00555455*001*004

• Th
    ABSA Bank - Versekerings eis
    Pretoria
    South Africa

Eisno. 3355318. Dit het 'n maand geneem om 'n eis te registreer onder ons verbandversekering. Ons kry nie met ABSA vordering op die eis nie en niemand reageer op enige emails nie- Swakste en patetieste korttermynversekering ooit.

• Bu
    ABSA Bank - Business bank fees
    Durban
    South Africa

I am a small business paying a minimum of R1500 just for bank fees. e.g. 49sms fees at R777. Iv asked for the highest package to avoid being charged individually. I bank monthly but I'm going to be deciding to take my banking to another bank by next week that can help me.

Sep 10, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Cindy hartebeespoortdam absa
    Hartebeespoortdam north west
    South Africa

Good day im really upset cindy works at hartebeespoortdam absa she gave out all my personal details to a whatsupp group with out my athurazation or with out me knowing about it she blocked my card i cant swipe it, im going to sue her and hartebeespoortdam Absa bank,

• Pb
      Sep 10, 2018
    ABSA Bank - suspected phishing emails
    johannesburg
    South Africa

I keep receiving emails purporting to be from Absa bank asking me to update my details so that a deposit can be actioned. However, I do not have an account with Absa. Can Absa please clarify this?

• Fb
    ABSA Bank - bond account
    KIMBERLEY
    [protected]@solplaatje.org.za

I requested information from ABSA client care regarding the cancellation of my bond account and followed up on 10 occasions the last 2 months . I am still waiting for a descent answer . I have even lodge it with ABSA action line . All I need to know is if my cancellation notice is still / now valid so that I do not pay penalty interest .

• Ad
      Sep 11, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Unethical conduct of Fraud Department - Fraud case reported in February 2017 no feedback provided by ABSA

Regrettably, I must report to you that it is now more than 20
    days after

• Ls
    ABSA Bank - Waiting time
    South Africa

l am at your canal walk branch and been standing in a line for an over any hour.After all the renovations i expected a quick easy service.please try employ more staff members or draft your roasters accordingly

• Ju
    ABSA Bank - Credit cards
    absa.co.za

Absa closed my account with no reason, wasting my time continually..i have spoken to numerous call center agent and spent hours in the branch..

No reserloution my account is just closed and no one can say why ?

Total waste of time and effort.

ABSA Bank - Vehicle finance switch
    South Africa

Applied to switch vehicle finance from wesbank to ABSA and 3 weeks later switch not done. Dealing with very incompetent people is draining.

• Wy
    ABSA Bank - Home loan
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

Who do complain to when the CEO office at ABSA head -office do not reply or assist. We have brought this matter to their attention where it was brushed off and denied. Now that there is proof they do not bother to reply as if tough luck.

• Mi
      Sep 19, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Personal loan

MA v d Walt ID: 6111235040085
    Cell no: 0823352665
    If applied for a personal loan on 2017/08/16
    Approved with nr 42202249642 witch I accepted.
    If phoned 4 times to find out what is going on(0860008600)
    Every time they tell me a consultant will contact me for the payment.
    Until now no phone call or anything.
    Please help.

• Zi
      Oct 02, 2018
    ABSA Bank - charges on my account
    durban
    [protected]@gmail.com

I have opened a saving account wish i am put every month R5000 and it a note account off 7 days but i don"t understand why i"m getting so much charge when i"m taking money our it about R395 every time SO I DON"T UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS HAPPENING CAUSE IT MY MONEY THAT I"M SAVING PLEASE EXAMPLE!!!??????

Oct 14, 2018
    ABSA Bank - I bought a car from Hyundai springs as Advertised
    Springs
    springshyundai.co.za

When i got the there the car was marked down R179999.00
    Now the refuse to sell me the car for that price . I gave a R90000.00 dep so my Instalment would be R2100.
    Now i paid R95000 dep and finance R105000.00

Think I paid R225000 for the car cos the made a mistake
    If a car is advertised for a price they must give you for that price

• El
      Oct 15, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Application for fund release
    Tanzania

Dear Sir/Madam
    I got an Email that ask me to communicate with you bank for fund release from Toyota Mobile Draw. It's about $350, 000usd and according to my provided information it's deposited in an ESCROW ACCOUNT #07662912001 in your Bank ABSA BANK SOUTH AFRICA.
    Pls help me though my Email
    Thank's

• As
      Oct 21, 2018
    ABSA Bank - R1000 Deposit in cheque iso Cash on 01.07.2017
    Kempton Park
    South Africa

My husband and me went to ABSA in Birchleigh North and deposit 5 x R200 note in the cheque hole iso the cash one on the LHS ATM, I lodge a complain after the bank phone me and say I am not paying my credit card and are very upset that it takes so long to solve as this call was log on 08.07.2017 already . CASE NUMBER 3420996.

• De
      Oct 21, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Home loan
    Port Elizabeth's
    South Africa

My home loan has been approved by your Baywest branch in theory. Since then Absa have a system problem and cannot get a valuater to my property. I think this service should be embarassing for such a big institution. I have considered to put my R800000.00 investment with Absa, as I am a client for 30years, however this makes me think twice

• Ak
      Oct 22, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Im complaining about services
    South Africa

Hi id like to just say the services iv recieved from a Mr Wanda ABD5654 in customers services was horrible and he puts down the phone while i was talking ... how do you have such incompitant people working in the bank . I hate absa because of this i have to move my account cant deal with incompitance

• Kp
      Oct 22, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Non refund of access payment on home INSURANCE
    marble hall
    [protected]@absa.co.za

ACCOUNT NO 8058817150
    I dont get reply or refund by absa Home Insurance for the period we were double insured.
    Although we have supplied all prove to Absa and Santam only Santam responded and payed their share back with immediate effect.
    Absa Home Insurance is just ignoring the matter.

KP DE JAGER

• So
      Oct 27, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Bank charges
    verulam
    South Africa

i am the holder of the Platinum Cheque account with Absa bank for the last 8 years or so. i want to query why do we have to pay admin charge of R25 over and above the monthly charge of R235. surely it ought to have been included in the monthly charge than ripping us of admin charges.

kindly advise .

Oct 28, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Service
    Germiston Gauteng
    South Africa

I once opened an account at school to those people who come and promote Absa from January and since then my Absa account I'm told it has been blocked I've went more than 20 to Germiston branch yet still they cannot sort out my issue, it's been months now and I need my account sorted

Oct 28, 2018
    ABSA Bank - Non existing Service at tellers
    Kroonstad
    South Africa

It is now 10:18 and I am standing in the que along with 14 people and there is only 2 tellers???? Terrible service ... waiting forever to be assisted! This is happening all the time. Absa is becomming the slowest serving customer service bank in kroonstad.

Absa kroonstad murray street