ABSA Bankmarietjie lloyd - absa claims handler - ignoring feedback requests

M Nov 28, 2017

Claim no: 3176192

Its been a year since this claim for Fire damages was initiated with ABSA.

Marietjie LLoyd is the claims handler but refuses to respond to emails providing feedback on this claim.

At first, there was no feedback on the installation of the kitchen units until I resorted to using the complaints channel and now I am getting no feedback regarding the tiling of the Kitchen.

I have tried contacting Marietjie LLoyd numerous times but she blatantly refuses to acknowledge my correspondence.

For the past year, I have been living like a nomad, because ABSA appointed incompetent contractors who did not do a professional job the first time.

I am now having trouble getting the Tiling in my kitchen sorted.
The contracted company has been giving me the run around from the 29th of Sep 2017, when I first asked them to proceed with the tiling.

The selection of tiles were emailed in March 2017.
However the tiles were only bought in Nov, as the company had lost the original emails. I had to resend the mails with the selection of tiles.

Then appointed contractor then hires another contractor to do the tiling on their behalf.

Tiling started at my premises on Friday.
However with no respect to my property, the contractors dragged Bags with chipped tiles through my lounge floors. They dropped cement/tile grout on the lounge wooden floors and then walked over this as they continued with their tiling. As these are wood floors, they are easily susceptible to scratches, and damages.

The Tiling company did not take any precaution to protect the lounge floors before starting work. Furthermore there is a back entrance for contractors to use and bring in their tools, however they ignored this preferring to use the lounge entrance and doing their cutting on my front lawn.

Getting hold of Marietjie LLoyd to inform her, that her contractors have once again bungled up, is impossible.

Attached are the emails to ABSA.

Sent: 28 November 2017 09:08 AM
To: '[protected]@absa.co.za'

Hi Marietjie,

Please let me know what is the status of the tiling at my place.

It's been over a year and ABSA has still not completed the claim.

Thanks and Regards

Sent: 22 November 2017 10:16 AM
To: '[protected]@absa.co.za' ; 'Mcunu, JOSEE: Absa'

Hi Marietjie and Josee,

I have not heard anything from you regarding the tiling of the kitchen.

This is becoming very frustrating as I have to keep chasing you guys on work that should have been completed awhile back.

I am now ready to take this further.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Sent: 14 November 2017 09:37 AM
To: '[protected]@absa.co.za' ; 'Mcunu, JOSEE: Absa'

Hi Marietjie and Josee,

Please can you let me know the status of the tiling and remainder of repairs to my kitchen.
Bienare services are the contractors who are doing the tiling, however they are not giving me a definite date as to when they will start.

I have been calling since the 29th September, but everytime I call, I get told they will get back to me and nobody does.
This needs to be completed before end November.

I will await your feedback.

Thank you.