ABSA Bank / life cover of avaf
TB TSAUTSE - [protected]
Attention : Asset Vehicle Finance Dept
Please note that the query relates to the above mentioned member.
In 2015 Jul I applied for finance for my vehicle from Absa which was approved. At the time of signing I requested that the Life cover include payment upon death, critical illness and disability, for this benefit I am paying R530.59
In Jan this year I was diagnosed with a critical illness. When I called ABSA to lodge a claim I was advised that my benefit is only for death. I would appreciate if I could be supplied with the original docs that I signed and also the Death Benefit quote stating premium and cover amount.
Currently the Life cover which will pay upon death is valued at R442 161.44. I have checked out Life Cover premiums in that benefit amount and they are less than R150 in premiums, Life Cover for R500 000 is valued at R150.00
I will appreciate prompt response from yourselves failing which I will have escalate this matter to the Life Policy Ombudsman for intervention.
More ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - credit card application
- ABSA Bank - debit order